Could I get help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 02:26 AM

cheeseball is an unknown quantity at this point
Could I get help?

I tried to post this question in classifieds but it wouldn't let me create a new thread, and my last post got deleted probably for sounding too much like a classified ad.

I'm asking you experienced buyers/sellers for advice on how to sell my bike. For example, I've heard a lot of people say don't give test drives, is that right? Where should I list my bike? Any info will really help.

It's a 97 Honda F3 CBR600.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:15 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Could I get help?

stunt trader sucks
Old 02-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough

I would say list it in your local Cycle Trader or even on Ebay. ON Ebay make sure you are DETAILED in your description. Better to give more detail than not enough. And LOTS of pictures.

If someone comes to your house to test ride. Tell them they can test ride it after they pay you. Never let a strange test ride your bike. He could either wreck it or steal it. Buyers are lyers. No dealership will let you test ride thier bikes.
Wait till they hand you the cash. Then they can ride it. If they steal it you have the cash. If they wreck it they just paid for the damage.

And NEVER accept cashiers checks or money orders. I know too many stories of guys who lost thier bikes when a buyer used a fake money order.

In summary....
Sell on: Ebay, Cycle Trader, Stunt Trader, SBN, Cycle Forums, etc
How: be honest and detailed, no test rides, no MOs, cash in hand. Never sign over the title until you have the cash in your pocket.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:24 PM

TotW80 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always sell my bikes on cycletrader.com and seemed to get a TON of calls. I wouldn't let anyone test ride your bike unless they let you hold onto the cash just in case they dump it. But its always nice to let sumone ride your bike to see if its what they are lookin for plus, a ride usually makes the deal!