idle wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 08:29 PM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
idle wheelies

how long did it take everyone to learn these d*mn things? I can kill anything fast (stundups, spreaders, high chairs, combos) its jut now that i am trying to get it past that balance point and use the break its driving me crazy. I went out 2 days in a row for an hour or two now and i can't seem to get it. I have my idle around 2500 rpm.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:17 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: idle wheelies

After I learned to slow it down, clutching to idle took only a couple of days.... but to get idle nice and smooth w/ minimal brake/throttle took a few more weeks.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:47 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, I hear ya. What helped me alot was idle between 3500-4000 rpm, popping it up high and bringing it back quick. Then really committing to bringing it way back. If you dont bring it back quick you need to be smooth at sheding off alot of speed to finally catch idle then smoothly being on that brake to keep you there. THen the fun happens again when tyring to do no throttle hand. Keeping your legs mostly straight helps alot there too. Oh and if you concentrate on leaning back and having your arms N legs straight it will balance at idle easier, as with any wheelie, but even more when going so slow. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:38 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

however long it took for someone to learn it has no effect on you whatsoever. everybody is different. buy advanced wheelies for dummies. it will answer every question you can possibly think of asking. the only real way to get good is to get out there and practice. and always remember, if it was easy to do, then it wouldnt be as cool. so dont let that get in your way. if you really want it, get out there and grab it. make sure to cross your t's and dot your i's. always get all your ducks in one row.
what the hell am i saying? i cant even idle yet either.....
Old 01-29-2006, 07:04 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

I can only do seat stander idles yet, but I learned that in 1 hour or something... Working on sitdown no-handers now, but sitting is harder then seat stander for sure !
Old 01-29-2006, 10:47 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Insane J
Working on sitdown no-handers now, but sitting is harder then seat stander for sure !
thats the truth
Old 01-29-2006, 09:09 PM

stillstuntin is an unknown quantity at this point

i went from killin it on the highway to smashing my girl in the lot its all practice keep at it it comes once you get a taste you wont stop
Old 01-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Turn your idle up. I learned idle with a -1 +7 900rr at 4,000 rpm's. I just clutched up the bike higher and higher each time until the idle "caught" it. After that it's just a matter of calming the happy brake foot down.