Gsxr Help Page-

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 05:42 PM

R1_rider is a decent person
Re: Gsxr Help Page-

Thanks for that pic!

This question is for anyone running a stunex oil pickup mod on a 04/05 gsxr 600.....Click on this link and let me know if this is the same concept as those or is this in fact one from stuntex being sold on ebay by the "stuntme" store......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/gsxr-...13007071QQrdZ1
Old 05-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

That is the stuntex pickup. Buy it, you wont regret it.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:27 PM

selbystunts is an unknown quantity at this point

best thread ever.....!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kerns BBO
That is the stuntex pickup. Buy it, you wont regret it.
Thank you sir....hey are the TPS on the gixxer adjustable? I got a issue with my idle jumping all over the place so i unhooked the tps and it stopped but now the red light comes on. Is that pretty much a part to replace if its not working right?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R1_rider
Thank you sir....hey are the TPS on the gixxer adjustable? I got a issue with my idle jumping all over the place so i unhooked the tps and it stopped but now the red light comes on. Is that pretty much a part to replace if its not working right?
TPS as in throttle position sensor? My idle is all over the place too when i crank it up to 3-4k. I have never tried un pluggin it but will have to give it a try. I ended up in the ER tonight after a fall so I have a few weeks to fiddle with it.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kerns BBO
TPS as in throttle position sensor? My idle is all over the place too when i crank it up to 3-4k. I have never tried un pluggin it but will have to give it a try. I ended up in the ER tonight after a fall so I have a few weeks to fiddle with it.
Wow that sucks man...hope your ok!!

Yes i mean the throttle position sensor....unhooking it doesnt solve the problem all together because once its unhooked that set of butterflys doesnt open so with the one unhooked i am only able to turn like 6k rpms max. I think that points me in the right direction for repair though! I am still not able to get this stupid thing into dealer mode, i jumped that plug and nothing changes on my cluster? I guess once its in dealer mode you are able to adjust the TPS.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:31 PM

selbystunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats Wrong With My 05 Gsxr 600? Bogs Down After I Rev It... The Exhaust Smells Like Gas.... And If I Rev It Real High, When I Let Go Of The Throttle, It Bogs Down So Much It Dies.....any Ideas?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:32 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow that sucks man...hope your ok!!

Yes i mean the throttle position sensor....unhooking it doesnt solve the problem all together because once its unhooked that set of butterflys doesnt open so with the one unhooked i am only able to turn like 6k rpms max. I think that points me in the right direction for repair though! I am still not able to get this stupid thing into dealer mode, i jumped that plug and nothing changes on my cluster? I guess once its in dealer mode you are able to adjust the TPS.

yes, you jump the 2 wires on the plug that has 4 holes (yes, 4 hole plug, 2 wires in it, kind of a square) adn then turn the ignition on with the kill switch on. it should tell you right off the bat your TPS position. it'll say something like CE0 and have a couple lines to hte side, one on top, one in the middle, or one in the bottom.. while those are there, you move the tps back and forth until you get the line in the middle and then you tighten it down there. done deal.

remember, this is done with ignition on, but NOT running. the wire has to be jumpered before the ignition is turned on.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
yes, you jump the 2 wires on the plug that has 4 holes (yes, 4 hole plug, 2 wires in it, kind of a square) adn then turn the ignition on with the kill switch on. it should tell you right off the bat your TPS position. it'll say something like CE0 and have a couple lines to hte side, one on top, one in the middle, or one in the bottom.. while those are there, you move the tps back and forth until you get the line in the middle and then you tighten it down there. done deal.

remember, this is done with ignition on, but NOT running. the wire has to be jumpered before the ignition is turned on.
I think the 03 and older gixxers have the 4 pin connector and 04 and newer is a 6 pin, 4 wire connector. I have absolutely no 4 pin connectors to the rear of this bike!! I guess it doesnt really matter though because this ****** thing still wont go into dealer mode no matter how i jump those wires, i think there might be a wiring problem that i cant see or something.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:41 AM
back in the saddle again

there is a plug. i have the 04 manual right in front of me. the plug is on the right side of the starter relay. it has a dark colored cap on the end of it to keep dirt out.

it says here to start the bike, then jumper the wires. it actually uses a dealer switch, but jumpering the wires does the same. then you get your C00 code on the gauges. from there you can tell. the line that is to the left of the letter "c" will tell you if the TPS is out of adjustment. that - line should be right in the middle, if it's at the top or the bottom the tps needs to be adjusted so the - bar is in the middle.

if you can't do it, then take it to a dealer...it has the plug, it works, i know because i've done it many times on 2000 all the way to 07 gixxers and i've never once had a problem doing it.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:06 PM

Your right there is a plug but its not a 4 hole 2 wire, its a 6 hole 4 wire....scroll down about 8 posts and look at the pic Kerns BBO posted and that is the right plug. Anyways for some reason the stupid thing finally worked and showed the COO code and the line was all the way at the top so i loosened the torx bolt and moved the TPS up and down and the line never moved on the gauges. I unhooked it and it showed a C29 code and the line moved to the center. I think this sensor is just shot?
Old 05-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

Ricky04750 is an unknown quantity at this point

05 600 throwing code C23 . Anyone know what this is for? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:35 PM

Well now I got that code figured out. It was the tip over sensor. Now the bike turns on in neutral fine . But once you ride it around for 5 mins or less it'll turn off. Runs at normal temp. Bike wont throw a code. As soon as the bike is at normal riding temp the bike wont stay on in gear. It'll shut off each time but when u put back in neutral it'll start right up. Anyone have a clue what this could be?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:03 AM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by Ricky04750
Well now I got that code figured out. It was the tip over sensor. Now the bike turns on in neutral fine . But once you ride it around for 5 mins or less it'll turn off. Runs at normal temp. Bike wont throw a code. As soon as the bike is at normal riding temp the bike wont stay on in gear. It'll shut off each time but when u put back in neutral it'll start right up. Anyone have a clue what this could be?
start checking sensors/switches that wouldn't let it run in gear. kick stand switch comes to mind along with neutral sensor/switch. try to bypass those and see if that fixes it. it might just be a fluke that it does it when the bike is hot.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:04 AM
back in the saddle again

Your right there is a plug but its not a 4 hole 2 wire, its a 6 hole 4 wire....scroll down about 8 posts and look at the pic Kerns BBO posted and that is the right plug. Anyways for some reason the stupid thing finally worked and showed the COO code and the line was all the way at the top so i loosened the torx bolt and moved the TPS up and down and the line never moved on the gauges. I unhooked it and it showed a C29 code and the line moved to the center. I think this sensor is just shot?
did you turn the sensor both ways to try to get it to move to the center? it should go back into range. if it's plugged in and not throwing a TPS code then the TPS probably isn't bad. i guess you could buy a new one and try it though.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:33 AM

It was the kickstand switch. Wire going to it was stripped and wasn't making a good contact cut the two wires and wired them together. Thanks !
Old 05-28-2007, 10:56 AM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by Ricky04750
It was the kickstand switch. Wire going to it was stripped and wasn't making a good contact cut the two wires and wired them together. Thanks !
damn, i'm an fn genius not really....just worked with bikes most of my life.

glad you got it fixed....rock out with your **** out
Old 06-11-2007, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
did you turn the sensor both ways to try to get it to move to the center? it should go back into range. if it's plugged in and not throwing a TPS code then the TPS probably isn't bad. i guess you could buy a new one and try it though.
Yep I moved it both ways and i get it in the middle and tighten the bolt then the thing never stays in the correct range. One second the line is at the bottom then i rev it and once its back to idle the thing might be in the middle or the top. Got me stratching my head
Old 06-15-2007, 03:59 AM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

here are some brackets I made for Sean Parrish, He snapped his factory cast ears 5 times, so it was time to get rid of the cast crap also made the side supports from the pegs to the 12 round bar.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:43 AM

MOVEKWIK2002 is a decent person

i have an 03 1k
it is real tough in these forums to get answers with out getting your bike dogged buy the yam and f4 riders

what is the num 1 reason for power loss??????

Quick Reply: Gsxr Help Page-