Gsxr Help Page-

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Steve O

tricky500 is a decent person
Re: Gsxr Help Page-

seems kinda backwards. now i regret going into my oil pan and not putting it in there
Old 02-27-2009, 03:21 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

i have an 05 gix 6 and i was wondering if there is a solution to the twitchy throttle prob... i did the oil pick up and clean air and that helped but its still just jerky..i rode my buddies f4i and the throttle is sooo much smother! any fixes for this or just learn better throttle control???......thanks beardo
Old 02-27-2009, 03:24 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tricky500
got the stuntex oil pick up... but theres nothing that would filter metal fragments or other debris from entering like the stock pickup... am i missing something?
i got a screen door repair kit from ace hardware for like three bucks and wrapped one square of it around the tube then used a hose clamp to secure it and no probs so far.. but im sur if you change your oil and filter regularly you wouldnt have an issue anyway...beardo
Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by crashburn421
i have an 05 gix 6 and i was wondering if there is a solution to the twitchy throttle prob... i did the oil pick up and clean air and that helped but its still just jerky..i rode my buddies f4i and the throttle is sooo much smother! any fixes for this or just learn better throttle control???......thanks beardo
maybe watch your intake of jerkey turkey at lunchtimegixxers arent learner bikes bro...gotta learn throttle control,then the jerkey will go awayALL gixxers are twitchy....id rather have TWITCHY than BOGGY
Old 02-27-2009, 10:43 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

i got a screen door repair kit from ace hardware for like three bucks and wrapped one square of it around the tube then used a hose clamp to secure it and no probs so far.. but im sur if you change your oil and filter regularly you wouldnt have an issue anyway...beardo
screen door??hose clamps???WTF???wow.....talk about ghetto-fabulous
Old 02-27-2009, 11:07 AM

fat_sac has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I always wondered if you maybe put an f4i throttle tube on the gixxer would it not be so twitchy, but I'm not sure about fitment. I know that riding my cr250 and then getting on the k5-600 makes the 600 feel turdy haha. I always liked the way a gix felt tho so I never bothered with changing it. Also, I never had a pickup and never saw the oil light come on. Been riding wheelies on the same bike for a year now and its been rolled over and all kinds of **** but never had any issues.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:47 AM
"LarryAllergic"

MR.718 is a decent person

Does any have the link for information on with idle screw to get for the 00-03 750?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:45 PM

Knoxvillan is a decent person

Originally Posted by MR.718
Does any have the link for information on with idle screw to get for the 00-03 750?
i got one from a 00 750 works fine
Name:  Picture438.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  34.3 KB
Name:  Picture439.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  33.1 KB
Old 04-16-2009, 02:49 PM
"LarryAllergic"

Originally Posted by Knoxvillan
i got one from a 00 750 works fine

hitting ebay up right now.....went to dealer and told me 45 buck! almost smacked him with a helmet....
Old 04-16-2009, 02:51 PM

Knoxvillan is a decent person

Originally Posted by MR.718
hitting ebay up right now.....went to dealer and told me 45 buck! almost smacked him with a helmet....
i went to a motorcycle salvage place we have close. real cheap like 5 bucks, but i had to pull it off the bike.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:36 AM
"LarryAllergic"

Originally Posted by Knoxvillan
i went to a motorcycle salvage place we have close. real cheap like 5 bucks, but i had to pull it off the bike.
i decided to fab one using stock screw and 600rr screw i had laying around
Old 04-23-2009, 01:29 PM
"LarryAllergic"

anyone good with wire diagraphs?
went to change connectors on headlight harness and when i did i was left with two extra spots unused but with a connection that need to be made?

heres a crude idea of whats going on.....

(white) (o/g) - (b) (b/w)----wireharness connector
(r/b) (w/b)- (y/w) (w/b)

(white) (o/g)-- (B/w)----headlight harness connector
(R/B) (w/b)--(w/b)

so i have 8 connector pins on the harness and 6 on the headlight harness
im not great at math but im missing two but i did the pins one by one and still crapped it up
Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM
"LarryAllergic"

Got that bitch fixed!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:46 PM
yut uuughhhhh

arjan-GoFast is a decent person

fore all you 04-05 600 stunters..
my bike was weak on iddle like ****.. it didn't pull eaven it was on 5000rpm.. and it was twichy like ****.. i startet to hate the bike.. but i found it!
the tps sensor is adjustable, its easy to adjust it in dealer mode, just mounth youre dash on the bike, and connect the same cable what gives you the codes on the dash. than you see a mark.. that mark must be in the middle, my bike runs now great! it keeps pulling on iddle, and in circels you dont have to correct the bike with trottle.. it is not a f4i, but it is so dawn good compared when i just got it. i now like it verry much! so all you guys, just check it.. 10 minutes work tops
Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 PM

JALaurent93ZX7 is a decent person

im lookin to do an engine swap in my 2003 gsxr 750 going to a 1000cc does anyone know what years besides the 200-02 1000 that will bolt right up? i was hoping that a 04-05 motor would bolt up and if it will what mods would i need to do to the bike.
thanks
-justin
Old 05-16-2009, 07:56 AM

katana1100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Gsxr Help Page------------------------

Originally Posted by Kerns BBO
ACCESING THE IDLE ADJUSTMENT SCREW

Because of the constant changes you want to make to the engines idle speed you need to make the adjustments easy. The idle adjust screw is on the right side of the throttle bodies under the tank. This is not a good location because it is difficult to get at. See the first pic for its location. Using ž inch drive extensions and swivel joints I fabricated and extension to the end of the idle adjust screw. I welded it all together but once again you could just JB weld it too. The setup is shown in the second and third pictures. The handle that I use to adjust the idle is in the third pic.

Hi

before all thanks a lot for your help. I used your information to do a lot of things in my bike. Please continue loading gsxr information here

I have a little contibution: For the idle screw there is an easier way, you only have to get an suzuki ltz 400 atv-quad idle adjust screw (probably will work from other models). itīs the same screw, you only have to cut it a bit the screw and itīs working.

and you have it very near of the left hand...

I looks this way on my bike...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	idle screw.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	225098  

Last edited by katana1100; 05-16-2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: to add more information
Old 05-27-2009, 08:41 AM

mart211 is a decent person

I am building a crashcage and I have never seen one. So please, can somebody tell me, how cages are mounted to frame, near the rear suspension and are there some kind of rubber seal to make things softer? Bike is 03 600 gixxer.
Pictures of cages will be really nice and all other tips.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:53 PM
"LarryAllergic"

did my tip over sensor in about 3 minutes start to finish
Old 06-08-2009, 03:10 PM

*chriGsXr* is a decent person
Re: Gsxr Help Page------------------------

did you pull all the **** inside the exhaust out or just leave it. also what size is your rear sprocket Kerns BBO
Old 06-16-2009, 07:57 PM
yut uuughhhhh

arjan-GoFast is a decent person

stock shorted exaust the bike is running stronger on iddle, with my show exaust it is running a little more agressive. and the sprockets are in front 14 and rear 53.

ps the bike is now still doing greet after i did the tps! now building a 4 piston f4i killer handbreak on it. anyone here got a other handbrake then the hohey dual (stock) calipers? never seen a big handbrake setupp on a 04-05

Quick Reply: Gsxr Help Page-