Choke

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Choke

hello,
Im about to install a HB and i notice the other night when i pulled off the electrical pod on my 02 r6 that the choke only works if the pod is bolted arround a clip-on tube.. i took it all apart and was trying to figure out a way to use choke while the pod was off the bike, i gotta remove the big *** pos pod n i need to use choke still but dont wanna sit there in the morning pulling on the damn choke cable for 5 minutes.

any ideas on what i should do besides buy a honda or a fuel injected bike lol thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Choke

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
hello,
Im about to install a HB and i notice the other night when i pulled off the electrical pod on my 02 r6 that the choke only works if the pod is bolted arround a clip-on tube.. i took it all apart and was trying to figure out a way to use choke while the pod was off the bike, i gotta remove the big *** pos pod n i need to use choke still but dont wanna sit there in the morning pulling on the damn choke cable for 5 minutes.

any ideas on what i should do besides buy a honda or a fuel injected bike lol thanks
See if you can adapt a manual choke lever/**** from an older bike like a 900rr.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

anybody got a pic of one?
Old 01-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

anybody got a pic of one?
Go to www.partsfish.com find the microfiche for a 99 900rr, select cable switch from the pull down menu. It is #3. you got any pics of the gizmo you are talking about?
Old 01-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Scrapes Elbow

here is the left clip on pod with a slide-type choke lever
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	choke.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	163651  
Old 01-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Retired

here is the left clip on pod with a slide-type choke lever
Do you know what the end of the cable on the fuel delivery system (carb/ throttle body) looks like? I still think ditching that and hooking up the 900 pull cable would work.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Scrapes Elbow

nah i have never traced it back to the carbs. i think its prolly just like the normal slide into n pivot cylinder end type cable. anybody have a 900rr choke cable for cheap?

+ Thanks for your help man!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:54 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Same On My 636.just Zip Tie It Somewhere And Dont Worry About It.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Scrapes Elbow

uh im not fuel injected and the lever does not WORK unless its clamped arround a clip on... bike will not turn over in the morning if choke is not on.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Retired

nah i have never traced it back to the carbs. i think its prolly just like the normal slide into n pivot cylinder end type cable. anybody have a 900rr choke cable for cheap?

+ Thanks for your help man!
List is only 15.18 new, but I am sure someone has one laying around they will give yo ufor free.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:45 PM

mista_shrpnl is an unknown quantity at this point

disconnect the spring return off the choke assembely on the carbs, then zipties the cable to the bars...

In the morning, pull the cable out, and since there is no spring return, it wont pull back in...then when the bike is all warm and fuzzy, just push the cable back in...

that worked on my piece
Old 01-25-2006, 05:27 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

uh im not fuel injected and the lever does not WORK unless its clamped arround a clip on... bike will not turn over in the morning if choke is not on.
CARBED BIKE...OHH...MY BAD
Old 01-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Scrapes Elbow

u are the man, thats a good idea! thanks alot guys!

Originally Posted by mista_shrpnl
disconnect the spring return off the choke assembely on the carbs, then zipties the cable to the bars...

In the morning, pull the cable out, and since there is no spring return, it wont pull back in...then when the bike is all warm and fuzzy, just push the cable back in...

that worked on my piece