-----929/954 Thread-----

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 11:59 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
-----929/954 Thread-----

Questions & Answers
Old 01-24-2006, 12:29 PM
T&A
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

T&A has a spectacular aura aboutT&A has a spectacular aura aboutT&A has a spectacular aura about
Re: -----929/954 Thread-----

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
Questions & Answers
Is this supposed to work like jeopardy?
Old 01-24-2006, 12:32 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

The Idle Jumps From 2000 To 4000 Rpm. What Is A 929? Yep, I Guess So.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:41 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

i just bought a 954 how do i wheelie it is it gona be like my k5 gixer 6.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:25 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hyperryder
i just bought a 954 how do i wheelie it is it gona be like my k5 gixer 6.
dont answer this im only beeing a smart ***
Old 01-25-2006, 08:19 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the easiest way to change 954 engine? My plan is this. I first remove the swingarm from the bike and attach it to the new engine, then remove the frame from the old engine and raise the whole frame part on top of the new engine? I think I can do it with the subframe attached and all. Motor is attached only with 4 bolts to the head and one long bolt at the back, and the shock upper part is attached too.

954 is a lot different then other bikes, because everything gets attached to the engine. On other bikes the engine gets attached to the frame.

frame can be removed with the throttle bodies at the engine so I just need to remove wires and all the other stuff. airbox and such and cables that go to the engine.

JakeT.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:46 AM

FarleySF is an unknown quantity at this point

4 sale....
dented 954 gas tank$$150
subframe $$250
left&right fairings..make offer
forks $$250
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1642.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	163633   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1617.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	163634   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1636.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	163635   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1639.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	163636  
Old 01-25-2006, 09:48 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jaket
What is the easiest way to change 954 engine? My plan is this. I first remove the swingarm from the bike and attach it to the new engine, then remove the frame from the old engine and raise the whole frame part on top of the new engine? I think I can do it with the subframe attached and all. Motor is attached only with 4 bolts to the head and one long bolt at the back, and the shock upper part is attached too.

954 is a lot different then other bikes, because everything gets attached to the engine. On other bikes the engine gets attached to the frame.

frame can be removed with the throttle bodies at the engine so I just need to remove wires and all the other stuff. airbox and such and cables that go to the engine.

JakeT.

take it all apart then you can tighten everything back up at once

motor on the ground then swingarm the wire harness then frame then lift it up and put the front end on then the subframe and all the little minor stuff

we have done them in 1:30 min complete with fairings
Good luck
Old 01-25-2006, 09:49 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FarleySF
4 sale....
dented 954 gas tank$$150
subframe $$250
left&right fairings..make offer
forks $$250

i will take the forks for 250.00 with triple

pm me with the details
Old 01-25-2006, 10:10 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by suicidl
take it all apart then you can tighten everything back up at once

motor on the ground then swingarm the wire harness then frame then lift it up and put the front end on then the subframe and all the little minor stuff

we have done them in 1:30 min complete with fairings
Good luck
YO MY BOY JOHN CAME DOWN AND RODE WITH YOU GUYS THE OTHER WEEKEND.HOW DID HE DO??
Old 01-25-2006, 10:47 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

he was cool i only rode with him one night
Old 01-25-2006, 11:26 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by suicidl
he was cool i only rode with him one night
I'M GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE IT DOWN ONE WEEKEND AND TEAR IT UP WITH YOU GUYS.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:27 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
I'M GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE IT DOWN ONE WEEKEND AND TEAR IT UP WITH YOU GUYS.

come on down

sorry i was watching the price is right
Old 01-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Parts Monkey

Treybizz is an unknown quantity at this point

Are all the tabs still on the fairings?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Jaket

JakeT.
Unbolt the engine, unhook the wires, remove the gast tank and air box etc. Support the engine with a floor jack. Use some 2x4s so the weight is on the edges of the oil pan, not the middle. Once its supported, unbolt the rear suspension from the back of the engine, and pull out the swingarm pivot. Even with it out, the swingarm most likely wont separate from the frame. Put jackstands under the rear footpeg brackets, without the engine its really not much weight on them. Lift up the front about 8 inches, put a stack of boards under the front wheel. Slide the swingarm pivot back in, then lift the front up enough to clear the motor. This way you dont have to take the whole swingarm off.