-----F4i THREAD-----

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 11:17 AM

Nocanstunto is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: -----F4i THREAD-----

Yup sounds like the cct...coming from the right side right?
Old 02-20-2006, 12:42 PM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like it i put my ear down beside the frame rail where the cct is then it sounds like its coming from the front of the bike. its like a piercing rattle sounds almost like a loose bolt at high revs. doesnt sound like chain slap but never really heard one that was bad so thats why im askin
Old 02-20-2006, 03:46 PM

Nocanstunto is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya its your cct...when I bought my f4i it supposedly had 5k on it and it made that noise. Put an APE on there (pain in the ***!) and the noise went away.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:20 PM

Padros is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a couple of stupid one's from an F4 newb. I'm just about to buy an
F4i...got sick of the gixxer1k (blowing engines, subframe after subframe and f*cking rims!) Anyway.
Does anyone leave these with stock forks? Most of the cats in OZ riding these change straight to a 929 or 954 front end. Is stock really that bad?
I have a complete 02 gixxer 750 front end, can I do anything with that?

Also what oil pick up is the best option here? Stuntex like the gixxer?

Peace
Old 02-20-2006, 11:26 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by BashPlate
Here's a couple of stupid one's from an F4 newb. I'm just about to buy an
F4i...got sick of the gixxer1k (blowing engines, subframe after subframe and f*cking rims!) Anyway.
Does anyone leave these with stock forks? Most of the cats in OZ riding these change straight to a 929 or 954 front end. Is stock really that bad?
I have a complete 02 gixxer 750 front end, can I do anything with that?

Also what oil pick up is the best option here? Stuntex like the gixxer?

Peace

I don't see the need to swap out the front end. Even for stoppies.. I've seen people killing 'em on the stock front end.

Definetley go to Stuntex for the oil pickup
Old 02-20-2006, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by nags
I don't see the need to swap out the front end. Even for stoppies.. I've seen people killing 'em on the stock front end.

Definetley go to Stuntex for the oil pickup
Sweet...that's good news cos it was going to cost me a bit of cash to do unless I could have crammed the gixxer sh*t in there!
Thanks bro!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:29 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I dont think it's very hard to get the gixxer front end in there either
Old 02-21-2006, 03:48 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

929/954 triples and it should work
Old 02-22-2006, 11:57 AM

Nick Storm is a decent person

Originally Posted by f4istunna
Im assuming this is the CCT but at one spot in my rev range maybe around 5k guess (no gauges) theres a sharp rattling sound if you hold it steady at that rpm. It also does it when you rev and let go of the throttle and it gets back to that rpm. Just wanted to make sure what it was. Sounds almost like a loose bolt type of rattle. planned on going w/ Ape anyway this season so hopefully thats all it is hasnt been doing it long just the last few rides.
aha, good skills on that one. Mine has the same rattle @ 5/6,000 rpm... but it shakes the head as well - not fun when doing a christ !! have to have a look at getting a cct then.

also - the STUNTEX oil pickup thing... just fitted mine - u know the back half of the aluminium gasket is all plate..? Well I had to file out the half moon hole where the oil pickup fits in - now fits in without bending.. BUT now I get the oil light come on when I roll out my endo's. (stock front end) Gunna chuck in another 700ml of oil, hopefully it'll sort it out.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:46 AM

Steve02 is an unknown quantity at this point

will the f4i raise or stiffen the rear of my f4... feels like a bi&$h bike
Old 02-23-2006, 08:52 AM

I think the shocks are the same, Did you adjust it you can stiffen the rear up.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:58 PM

Steve02 is an unknown quantity at this point

i adjusted it as far as it can go think it might be worn out it has 21k on it
Old 02-26-2006, 01:51 AM

I just came back from looking at a cheap one that's up for sale. Though it's got 80,000 k's on the clock (about 49000 miles)
Engine feels good for the milage but not sure if I should stunt something so high. Though this would be my first honda so not sure. I would never buy a gixxer with that many k's to stunt, I know that much.
How bulletproof are these engines?
Old 02-26-2006, 01:11 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishNick
aha, good skills on that one. Mine has the same rattle @ 5/6,000 rpm... but it shakes the head as well - not fun when doing a christ !! have to have a look at getting a cct then.
NICK, take yoru bike to honda dealers, apartantly they will swap the CCT under warranty even if your bike is not under warranty.. something to do with the CCT being a regular problem or something.. not entirely sure how true this is but a lot of people from CBR forum have said the same..
Old 02-26-2006, 01:58 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishNick
the STUNTEX oil pickup thing... just fitted mine - u know the back half of the aluminium gasket is all plate..? Well I had to file out the half moon hole where the oil pickup fits in.
I had to do the same thing to mine... it comes just a little too small.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:56 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BashPlate
I just came back from looking at a cheap one that's up for sale. Though it's got 80,000 k's on the clock (about 49000 miles)
Engine feels good for the milage but not sure if I should stunt something so high. Though this would be my first honda so not sure. I would never buy a gixxer with that many k's to stunt, I know that much.
How bulletproof are these engines?
my 01' has 37,000 and i bounces off the rev limiter all the time, it takes it like a champ:YEAH
just dont do cheap on the oil and always keep extra 1/2 qt. in there it should be fine.
and those motors are cheap to get used, i picked up a spare practically brand new 3000 miles for $500 ,
Old 02-28-2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by bikefreak600
my 01' has 37,000 and i bounces off the rev limiter all the time, it takes it like a champ:YEAH
just dont do cheap on the oil and always keep extra 1/2 qt. in there it should be fine.
and those motors are cheap to get used, i picked up a spare practically brand new 3000 miles for $500 ,
Thanks Bro, that makes me feel more confident:YEAH
Old 03-15-2006, 08:27 PM

How do you get the stock headlight on w/ the tip sensor bypassed? trying to get my bike back to full fairing/stock after a year w/ no light, went to plug it in today and the light only works when the tip sensor wires arent jumped. What do i need to do to get the lights on?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:00 AM

Nick Storm is a decent person

Originally Posted by f4istunna
How do you get the stock headlight on w/ the tip sensor bypassed? trying to get my bike back to full fairing/stock after a year w/ no light, went to plug it in today and the light only works when the tip sensor wires arent jumped. What do i need to do to get the lights on?
seems very strange... I did my tipover sensor ages ago and it hasnt affected anything else. are you sure they need to be jumped? and not just unplugged and tapped up? I can't remember what I did.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:04 AM

I got it now, i had it jumped b4 the harness clip because i wasnt running a headlight at all, with the stock headlight you have to jump it after the harness.