F4i question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 11:51 AM

addicted2psi is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i question...

I think i have my bike sold, and im thinkin about gettin an F4i...are there any years i should stay away from? I dont want one of the newer ones with the single seat and i've been mostly finding 01-02's....hell that might even be the only years for them i dont know....like i said, anything i should stay away from?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:52 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future
Re: F4i question...

all f4is are great ...

if you find a deal and it has a banana seat who cares get it and rock it ... you can always put new tail section on
Old 01-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by scott3824
all f4is are great ...

if you find a deal and it has a banana seat who cares get it and rock it ... you can always put new tail section on
+1 I kind of like the grab bar on the banana seat. Looks like a good place to put your left foot.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:01 PM

i dont know about the banana seat...i cant stand the way it looks...what all do you have to do to convert it to the earlier seat?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by addicted2psi
i dont know about the banana seat...i cant stand the way it looks...what all do you have to do to convert it to the earlier seat?
Subframe tail plastics and seats from non banana bike. Install.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:43 PM

Ace151Slayer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the banana seat. Some people like it vs. the split seat, because I heard after a while the split seats back end ****s up and it moves around on you alot.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:45 PM

i just cant stand the way they look...guess if i come across a good deal i might have to pick one up though...
Old 01-24-2006, 01:53 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ace151Slayer
I have the banana seat. Some people like it vs. the split seat, because I heard after a while the split seats back end ****s up and it moves around on you alot.

what
Old 01-24-2006, 01:58 PM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by suicidl
what

dude dont you know the split seats back end ****s up and it moves around on you alot
Old 01-24-2006, 02:03 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

dude dont you know the split seats back end ****s up and it moves around on you alot

never and i have had 5 f4i's. i could tell you a trick though so your tail plastic does not crack in between the seats
Old 01-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Retired

never and i have had 5 f4i's. i could tell you a trick though so your tail plastic does not crack in between the seats
hook it up.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:22 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by NINER
hook it up.

cut 3 pieces of 1/4 inch plywood and make sure they hang over in front of the 2 post that go up to the seat. zip tie all 3 pieces together and slide them up behind the plastic behind the front seat. it has worked for my tail section no cracks at all
Old 01-24-2006, 02:32 PM

I never have either ... i also had no idea what that kid was talking about
Old 01-24-2006, 02:44 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I never have either ... i also had no idea what that kid was talking about
I do.

When you stand on the seat, if you put your weight onthe rear seat rather than the plastic, the rear seat starts to losen where it pivots. This primarily effects people who have the rear seat on without the tail plastics.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:47 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by MikeM
I do.

When you stand on the seat, if you put your weight onthe rear seat rather than the plastic, the rear seat starts to losen where it pivots. This primarily effects people who have the rear seat on without the tail plastics.

so dont stand on the seat try the wood it works the you dont have to worry about the seat

it has never happened to me
Old 01-24-2006, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
I do.

ok i get that ... i dont know my rear seat has been stuck on since i got the bike in august lol maybe i should fix that
Old 01-24-2006, 02:53 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

so dont stand on the seat try the wood it works the you dont have to worry about the seat

it has never happened to me
I have a corbin 1 piece now, its money. I dont have tail plastics or I would try "the wood mod".
Old 01-24-2006, 05:17 PM

sk8man311 is an unknown quantity at this point

cut 3 pieces of 1/4 inch plywood and make sure they hang over in front of the 2 post that go up to the seat. zip tie all 3 pieces together and slide them up behind the plastic behind the front seat. it has worked for my tail section no cracks at all
I have an idea of what you are talking about, but would u happen to have pics?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Retired

ok i get that ... i dont know my rear seat has been stuck on since i got the bike in august lol maybe i should fix that
I can get it off if the seat latch isn't f-ed.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by NINER
I can get it off if the seat latch isn't f-ed.
already off ... and fixed - had to take plastics off anyways to stitch em up from smashing the tail yesterday

Quick Reply: F4i question...