stoppies?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 03:06 PM

DjDfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
stoppies?

Im just getting into stunting and im trying to figure out if theres a trick or something to stoppies..All you guys on here make it look so easy.. I have been told many ways to prac. from 30mph etc but that doesnt do me much good.. What would you guys suggest is the best/easiest way to learn and become confident with doing them, and how exactly do you tdo them? Like i said im just getting into this so lets not think im an idiot and get all sarcastic cause everyone started somwhere to... thanks..
Old 01-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: stoppies?

the trick is a good damper and locking your arms...
Old 01-19-2006, 03:34 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Its all about how much time you spend with the rear tire in the air.. The more you practice the better you get.. So if you want to be good,, then practice alot.. There isnt really a trick to it, i mean we can tell you the proper fourm and a few hints but it all comes down to how much you practice it.. SOO Lock your arms, center your body,, keep your head up, then start cookin fast,, and when you are learning just grab more and more brakes untill the tire lifts..You will feel a point where the suspension is pretty much done and then once you grab more the tire will lift.. Get your but up off the seat and look where you want to go.. If the *** end starts kicking out,, lean with your shoulders INTO that direction.. Hope that helps.. So just go out and practice !
Old 01-19-2006, 03:50 PM

thanks for the advice.. good to hear good advice from good riders.. ill let you guys know how it goes..
Old 01-19-2006, 04:20 PM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

" If the *** end starts kicking out,, lean with your shoulders INTO that direction.. Hope that helps.. !"

is that the way? damn tail kicking to the side is my main problem. how can it help to lean it to that direction?
Old 01-19-2006, 04:38 PM

when it kicks over it means that you were not squared up to start with.. A dampener will help, but its because you were were not centered.. So if it always goes out to the right,, then before you bring up the tire lean more to the right.. And it will stay straight.. If your up and it starts kicking out, roll your shoulder,, transfering weight to that direction, while keeping your arms locked. That will keep it from getting farther away on you.. just like doing wheelies,, the higher it is the more easy it is to control.. If your tire is really low you have almost no chance to correct it... So keep it up high..
Old 01-19-2006, 05:13 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Endo's Are A ***** To Roll Out.need A Dampner Cause I'm Getting Slapped All Over The Place
Old 01-19-2006, 06:06 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

theres no trick to it, but once you go over you know where that "point" is. ive flipped 4. 3 on my 600RR and 1 on a fiddy. lol

get out there and practice

~FSPalex
Old 01-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

Originally Posted by FSPalex
theres no trick to it, but once you go over you know where that "point" is. ive flipped 4. 3 on my 600RR and 1 on a fiddy. lol

get out there and practice

~FSPalex
i don't believe that it's easier once you go over, i've flipped the fiddy a kajillion times and i still can't roll 30 feet and i suck on the street with them too, i guess i'm just a puss.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:24 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nickalltogether
i don't believe that it's easier once you go over, i've flipped the fiddy a kajillion times and i still can't roll 30 feet and i suck on the street with them too, i guess i'm just a puss.
no way. right after i flipped my first one i sat for like 10 minutes, got back on a rolled them 25 feet farther by the end of the day. I had a torn meniscus. the next week i flipped another one, and the next week i flipped another one. but i am a ***** to the wall kinda guy...i like to learn quick.

50's are a diff. story, the brakes are unpredictable, they are light, and have alot less room for error. btw when are you getting another big bike?

~FSPalex
Old 01-19-2006, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by nickalltogether
Everyone's learning curve is different.. Yours i'd say isn't a curve,, Its just flat.. lol
Old 01-19-2006, 07:37 PM

TeboNator is an unknown quantity at this point

when it came to learning, nothing got me better than ridnig everyday.. Every stop sign I hit, STOPPIE.. every traffic light, STOPPIE! lol.. I've had a few lucky ones where I ALMOST went over, but didn't, so I was like "Ok, so that's where I should stop." Nothing will make u better than practice..

Grip the tank w/ ur legs, get a bit off the seat, keep ur back arched, and arm locked.. At about 30 or 40mph, hit the brake, not so u lock the front wheel, but so the front shocks compress, and the back will go up on its own.. just keep ur body square.. if it starts kickign to the side, don't try to correct it, just put it down.. lol..

I'm still a beginner as well, but comming from one, this is how I learned.. I went from dead stoppies, to 3 footers, to about 25 footers in about 3 months of just goin at it.. =)
Old 01-19-2006, 09:21 PM

I like the feedback from all.. thanks.. Im at dead stop, but for myself to start rolling i think i need alot more speed.. I appreciate all the pointers and ill be sure to practice.. Thanks again
Old 01-19-2006, 11:05 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jaket
" If the *** end starts kicking out,, lean with your shoulders INTO that direction.. Hope that helps.. !"

is that the way? damn tail kicking to the side is my main problem. how can it help to lean it to that direction?
the purpose of this is to push forward on the handlebar of the side that is kicking out... thats how you steer them
Old 01-21-2006, 07:50 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you guys keep the clutch pulled or not? I usually grap the clutch as soon as the tail raises up. I was thinking that maybe it would keep the tail more in control if the rear tyre would turn(no clutch). should I stay off the clutch untill I settle it down. spinning rear wheel should keep it straighter.?

I think motorcross jumpers lock the rear when they are trying to swing the rear to the side.? and they keep it spinning when they try to keep it straight.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:23 AM

F4iON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Info.....

Out of habit I pull the clutch in when it starts to leave the ground. I just don't want to forget about it and have the rear tire being pulled by the engine when I hit the ground again....OUCH

I've been learning for about 2 months. I'm only rolling about 8-10 ft on a F4i. As long as I come in straight the tail goes straight. Took a while to get it just right. But as soon as I reach what I believe to be the BP, instantly start getting a tank slapper, so I got to set it down.

Question: Should I try to perfect it more without a damper then get one or go ahead and drop the cash and put one on?

Question: I'm using the stock brake lines right now. When I'm using brake control to try to keep it up I'm all jerky. Are the stock brake lines part of it or do I just suck and need to practice more?

PS. Getting some SS brake lines in about a week so I was curious.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Yut-ugh.

Originally Posted by FSPalex
no way. right after i flipped my first one i sat for like 10 minutes, got back on a rolled them 25 feet farther by the end of the day. I had a torn meniscus. the next week i flipped another one, and the next week i flipped another one. but i am a ***** to the wall kinda guy...i like to learn quick.

50's are a diff. story, the brakes are unpredictable, they are light, and have alot less room for error. btw when are you getting another big bike?

~FSPalex
i've got the 636, it's what i'm sticking with for a while... and since this is an endo thread, i'll add that i haven't been practicing them at all lately for whatever reason.... circle burnouts have my attention lately

why must destruction be fun?
Old 01-23-2006, 01:05 AM

MATT L is a decent person

You dont have to lock your arms totally straight, thats the misconception alot of people have for some reason, I keep mine bowed out a little
Old 01-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Yut-ugh.

Originally Posted by MATT L
You dont have to lock your arms totally straight, thats the misconception alot of people have for some reason, I keep mine bowed out a little
i think it's more a matter of being rigid than anything else, if you've got your arms so straight that your elbows lock, it's gonna make it harder to steer, react to bumps etc.... (that's what i think, of course it's all speculation)
Old 01-23-2006, 01:41 AM

loko is an unknown quantity at this point

control an I think all this **** helped me out allot when it came to street stunting stoppers are still one of my most comfortable tricks I can do the **** with my eyes shut and still feel just comfy !! I think that more than anything it is all about body movement and brake control knowing where the bp is and practice...I certainly gets my practice in! the other thing is make sure your bike is straight my **** stays ****ed up all the time cuz I am all ways trying new **** and fixing it the last time I flipped my srad it was cuz my front wheel had got tweaked at the hub just a little and was sticking slightly from a wheelie that went wrong and I did not notice till I got all pumped up on the street and was flying buy like three cars at a intersection and got halfway buy the third one and this women started screaming before I hit the ground but that is the game even the people that have bigg heads and think they can do it blind folded eat **** some times!!!.......any way hope this helps someone with there practice! And sorry about the long post!!!...........good luck!!!

ridein with one foot on tha brake an a pocket full of kriptonite!!!

Quick Reply: stoppies?