stoppies?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 01:51 AM

loko is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: stoppies?

Well my experience has been this, first I rode bmx for years and so I had already got used to rolling 180 stoppers on a small bicycle and I think that more than anything this helped it seems to be a bit easier on a larger bike like a mountain bike and all so the heaver the load is the less likely and the more forgiving things become the first thing with a motor I ever flipped was a fore wheeler and they are pretty hard to get up especially get up and roll on and so when it came time to endo a lager motor cycle I had no problems!! So long story short it doesn’t hurt near as bad flipping a bicycle and a quad is all most in possible to flip not that it cant be done trust that! but u can get a good idea of brake control an I think all this **** helped me out allot when it came to street stunting stoppers are still one of my most comfortable tricks I can do the **** with my eyes shut and still feel just comfy !! I think that more than anything it is all about body movement and brake control knowing where the bp is and practice...I certainly gets my practice in! the other thing is make sure your bike is straight my **** stays ****ed up all the time cuz I am all ways trying new **** and fixing it the last time I flipped my srad it was cuz my front wheel had got tweaked at the hub just a little and was sticking slightly from a wheelie that went wrong and I did not notice till I got all pumped up on the street and was flying buy like three cars at a intersection and got halfway buy the third one and this women started screaming before I hit the ground but that is the game even the people that have bigg heads and think they can do it blind folded eat **** some times!!!.......any way hope this helps someone with there practice! And sorry about the long post!!!...........good luck!!!

Riding with one foot on the brake and a pocket full of kryptonite!!
Old 01-23-2006, 01:55 AM

loko is an unknown quantity at this point

I got to be computer illiterate r something!?! …sorry…
Old 01-23-2006, 02:30 AM

fatheadon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

the first thing 4 me i having a good front tire that i no will stick cuz if ur tire ever slides then it will scare the sh@t out of u i like pirelli cuz its been cold in jersey and i can still roll on them and i run like 28 psi in them 2nd is being centerd on the bike with ur head up and pic something out a few hundred feet away and focus on it 3rd i like my scotts damper but its not something u need but they are a + and last just spending the time on the bike working at it
Old 01-27-2006, 07:57 AM

JB929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
when it kicks over it means that you were not squared up to start with.. A dampener will help, but its because you were were not centered.. So if it always goes out to the right,, then before you bring up the tire lean more to the right.. And it will stay straight.. If your up and it starts kicking out, roll your shoulder,, transfering weight to that direction, while keeping your arms locked. That will keep it from getting farther away on you.. just like doing wheelies,, the higher it is the more easy it is to control.. If your tire is really low you have almost no chance to correct it... So keep it up high..
how long you been riding with extreme? man i remember when nick and fish started that ****...good to hear its still goin..gimme a shout back
Old 01-27-2006, 11:10 AM

JoJo is an unknown quantity at this point

I was reading up on this a while back. Someone said something about just b4 you put brake pressure on the front end bounce ur a$$ off the seat a lil bit. Just after I read that I took my biddy's R6 out and try'd the idea. It came up 10X easyer, and I had countrol right away. I always had a problem with the front tire locking up on me when I started tryin them too..