so im on the right track...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 02:50 AM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person
so im on the right track...

ok im doing staggard standups...yes..im learning brake also..i know how ot use brake now...i slip the clutch..i slip it up at around 30mph..my quewtion is..how do you konw when you are high evnough to keep it level at low sppeds...and how do yo iknow when your tail is gunna scrape....cna you get some pics of your bp at low speeds i wanna et to were i can balance it out and ride at 55 and 70 and 20 and 5mph ...anyting that is helpfull is much appreciated DEFFANITLY PICTURES!!! :YEAH
Also..on the balance issue sometimes i got problems going side to side...it goes the way i lean but feels sketchy some times the bike comes down at an angle..i've got speed wobble a few times.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:29 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: so im on the right track...

you just feel when your in bp...weightless feeling...and you can definately hear by the engine going down on rpms and being consistent...
Old 01-19-2006, 08:34 AM

crazytexan is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought i needed pics and was posting pics and asking if it is high enough. its just a thing that new people do i guess, i have brake control and can bp forever basically. I learned on my dirtbike, but on my big bike i was always scared of looping. If you can get ahold of a dirtbike of 4 wheeler and practice on that alittle and youll get the hang of it faster, but if you cant, just like bruno said youll hear the engine. it will sound unloaded, as though you are just cruising around not accelerating. the weightless thing is pretty scary at first but youll get the hang of it. also a go practice that i found was to be stopped and clutched it up then smash the brake, and bring it back alittle farther each time. youll just be poppin it up and first but then once you get the hang of just poppin it up then try to ride it alittle and then hit the brake. trust in the brake is key. when im riding a wheelie i was surprised at how it is second nature now, i dont think about it, i just use the brake.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

you will slow down like crazy before u hit the tail..
Old 01-19-2006, 10:24 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

The Side To Side Wobbles Is From Poor Throttle Control.stay Smooth On The Throttle And That Will Help. And Practice
Old 01-19-2006, 11:40 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

pics don't help at all, it's all feel.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by crazytexan
i thought i needed pics and was posting pics and asking if it is high enough. its just a thing that new people do i guess, i have brake control and can bp forever basically. I learned on my dirtbike, but on my big bike i was always scared of looping. If you can get ahold of a dirtbike of 4 wheeler and practice on that alittle and youll get the hang of it faster, but if you cant, just like bruno said youll hear the engine. it will sound unloaded, as though you are just cruising around not accelerating. the weightless thing is pretty scary at first but youll get the hang of it. also a go practice that i found was to be stopped and clutched it up then smash the brake, and bring it back alittle farther each time. youll just be poppin it up and first but then once you get the hang of just poppin it up then try to ride it alittle and then hit the brake. trust in the brake is key. when im riding a wheelie i was surprised at how it is second nature now, i dont think about it, i just use the brake.
well dudei can hold it on a 4 wheeler all day..im just wondering on a sportbike...cuz i dont wanna scrape my tail and have it throw me off to the side you know? in a staggard standup where is the bp? can you send me a pic or something?
Old 01-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
The Side To Side Wobbles Is From Poor Throttle Control.stay Smooth On The Throttle And That Will Help. And Practice
yea... i've been having to practice alone...i odnt like it but its fun... none the less
Old 01-19-2006, 01:09 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

Best advice is to get some pictures of yourself... always shows that you're not as high as you think, or body positioning may be wrong etc.. I try to get pics of me as often as possible and back when I had my KTM I improved very quickly by taking it slow, keeping smooth and getting lots of pictures... same with my f4i.. I've only been riding since friday, been out twice only due to rain and improved loads just from getting pictures and seeing that I'm not as high as it feels etc.. it's all about getting used to it.. pictures of other people won't help that much, pictures of you will though.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:14 PM

it's like everyone says, you know when you're in BP, you don't have to confirm it witha picture or anything like that. the bike either slows down or just stops accelerating when you're there. just keep practicing and you'll see. you might be getting it for a second or two now and you kinda see what it feels like so just try to keep it there.
your bike has a high bp, it's the same one I ride. you won't scrape tail or loop if you're steadily bringing the front higher and farther back.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by dudeman47
it's like everyone says, you know when you're in BP, you don't have to confirm it witha picture or anything like that. the bike either slows down or just stops accelerating when you're there. just keep practicing and you'll see. you might be getting it for a second or two now and you kinda see what it feels like so just try to keep it there.
your bike has a high bp, it's the same one I ride. you won't scrape tail or loop if you're steadily bringing the front higher and farther back.
Yea...im gettin it moreand more..my tail got like 7 inches from the ground my buddy says but the wind is blowing 30mph so i couldnt keep it up very long..hahaha
Old 01-19-2006, 05:21 PM

if that's true, then you're way past bp.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:40 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

well I guess your buddy should go visit an oculist...lol
Old 01-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by dudeman47
if that's true, then you're way past bp.
well it doesnt seem to want to stay up when i get it up there maybe it was the wind..or mayb ei let out of the throttle
Old 01-20-2006, 04:47 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

I'd suggest going much slower, or scraping a tail is gonna be very costly.