Help on stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:37 PM

TeboNator is an unknown quantity at this point
Help on stoppies

Daym.. ain't that the stuntlife way.. A Yr. ago when I registered, I was on here a lot, 'cuz I had no idea on how to stunt.. then I started learning, and I'm never on.. Now I'm stuck, and I'm back asking for help.. that's a homie 4 ya.. heheh..

Ok, here's my problem.. My stoppies, are finally starting to get good.. I can finally roll them well, and keep them high.. The only thing is, now I'm trying to go faster, and higher, to get them rolling longer.. but when I engage at about 50 or 60mph, I'll roll it like my regular ones, but once I get to a certain height, I start getting a hard handlebar wobble... The shake ends up pretty vigorous when I try to keep it up, so I hafta drop it.. I wanna kno what's the difference between a 20 ft. endo, and a 50 ft. endo...

F4i, micheline pilot power tires, 32psi
I square off pretty well, but don't lock my arms (am I supposed to?)
I get about as high, where my helmet and the front tires are pretty much vertical to the ground..
I have video from my fone that shows my tires wobbling, but I need to learn how to convert it..

finally, I can do a bit.. through this site, I learned how to skitch, christ/surf, endo, BUT I STILL CAN'T WHEELIE DAG NAG IT !

but as for my endos, what am I doing wrong here?

Old 01-17-2006, 11:51 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help on stoppies

im not to good at stoppies so i cant help ya much but who ever answers his question dont be a **** to him answer that shiit with some respect and actuly help the guy out
Old 01-17-2006, 11:54 PM

hahah.. thanks hyper.. I kno I'd prolly get chewed out, but I'm a squid, and everyone has to go through it rite?

BTW: I have an old ICS dampener that don't dampen ****... would that help?
Old 01-17-2006, 11:58 PM

Aynsley26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well at least your still trying, I on the other hand, went over twice last year and totally wrecked my bike...so now that I have a new one I'm pretty guarded
Old 01-18-2006, 01:19 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not the most qualified....rolling 150 foot, maybe.....but I would recommend checking to make sure your steering stembearings for tightness, then lower your tire pressure to around 20 psi up front until you start getting better. A working damper would definately be a plus also....especially if you're getting bad headshake....if you're running clip-ons your options are pretty open...I would run a GPR, Scotts, Hyperpro, or maybe Ohlins.

I have an older GPR for sale but the mount is for a 600RR other wise I could hook you up with it.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:57 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude... 20psi is too low. Try 28... maybe 25 at the lowest, then work it up.

LOCK YOUR ARMS OUT!! That's a big reason your getting shakes.

Other than that, your form looks good... ya got yer butt off the seat, yer head up, back arched and looking straight ahead. But the arms need to be locked, get a damper ASAP and then you can work on bringing it up higher!!

From that side pic... if you can get the rear seat up level w/ your head you'll be rolling some nice ones. Your back will be almost level w/ the ground at bp.

You can rotate your stock clipons out a little bit for a wider stance, but you have to grind down the locating pins that fits into the triple. Play w/ stiffer suspension settings.

Main thing is snaping it up quick so you don't lose a whole lotta speed getting it up. Then make small adjustments.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:07 AM

tim 67 is an unknown quantity at this point

im in the same boat i can roll them like 70 feet at 45 but as soon as i try goin 50+ i get head shake like theres no tomarrow... i was told to get a steering damper, but your lookin good with the stopies you got now.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:31 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

For height reference... OG stoppie master Gorka.

keep in mind though, he's runnin dirt bars.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mattgorka 004_0001.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	162876   Click image for larger version

Name:	mattgorka 014_0001.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	162877  
Old 01-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

damn that guy stoppies as high as i wheelie
Old 01-18-2006, 11:23 AM

I can get the height, and snap it there fast.. it's just that if I go any higher, I start getting the headshake.. I'll start locking my arms, and I prolly need that new Damper soon.. Maybe widening my clipons would help too, but I'm not sure how that would affect my everyday riding? this is my daily driver after all (Gas in SD is at 2.99 a gallon. F!@# Opec)
Old 01-18-2006, 02:27 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TeboNator
I can get the height, and snap it there fast.. it's just that if I go any higher, I start getting the headshake.. I'll start locking my arms, and I prolly need that new Damper soon.. Maybe widening my clipons would help too, but I'm not sure how that would affect my everyday riding? this is my daily driver after all (Gas in SD is at 2.99 a gallon. F!@# Opec)
WIDENING YOUR CLIPONS WILL HELP YOUR DAY TO DAY RIDING = MORE COMFORTABLE
Old 01-18-2006, 02:35 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

get a damper, make sure you have good pressure on a BALANCED front tire in good condition.