636 Upper Support/Strengthening

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
636 Upper Support/Strengthening

I noticed the 636 upper is hella weak..Anytips and how i can strengthen it up.. I already have 905 stay.. What have you guys done to reinforce your upper..Thanks..
Old 01-13-2006, 07:59 AM

runawaycustoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 636 Upper Support/Strengthening

Originally Posted by Disturbed6R
I noticed the 636 upper is hella weak..Anytips and how i can strengthen it up.. I already have 905 stay.. What have you guys done to reinforce your upper..Thanks..
check out: www.runawaycustoms.org
we have a stay that blows 905 out of the water.
also check out the forums:
www.runawaycustoms.org/forums
Old 01-13-2006, 08:02 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by runawaycustoms
check out: www.runawaycustoms.org
we have a stay that blows 905 out of the water.
also check out the forums:
www.runawaycustoms.org/forums
Any pics and pricing on that stay? If its really as good as you say Id like to see it and order one right now............Let me know please.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Any pics and pricing on that stay? If its really as good as you say Id like to see it and order one right now............Let me know please.
the 905 is good but it doesn't suppor the actual uppper that well
Old 01-13-2006, 09:51 AM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

the 905 is good but it doesn't suppor the actual uppper that well

would it support it on the Gsxr better if you cut the wind screen down ??
Old 01-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Brap

Originally Posted by shortGSXR1000
would it support it on the Gsxr better if you cut the wind screen down ??
Basically the 905 on 636 just replaces that plastic POS that the fairing stay and gauge sit on...Doesn't really support the actual upper fairing..
Old 01-13-2006, 09:59 AM

Basically the 905 on 636 just replaces that plastic POS that the fairing stay and gauge sit on...Doesn't really support the actual upper fairing..

maybe i they designed a new one cause i was just looking at their site and on the gsxr it looks like it comepletly goes up around the fairing and across the top of the windscreen. check it out and see if its same one you talking about.

http://www.racing905.com/products/St...0bar%20003.jpg
Old 01-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Brap

maybe i they designed a new one cause i was just looking at their site and on the gsxr it looks like it comepletly goes up around the fairing and across the top of the windscreen. check it out and see if its same one you talking about.

http://www.racing905.com/products/St...0bar%20003.jpg
Yeah it's different for different bikes..if you look Kawis has something like it but it's a separate piece that connects to the windscreen bolts..mine didn't even fit. That gsxr one looks really sturdy..I'd like something like that.. but i had the 905 just the bottom and my upper got all cracked up from HCs and i wasn't even coming down hard
Old 01-13-2006, 10:10 AM

Yeah it's different for different bikes..if you look Kawis has something like it but it's a separate piece that connects to the windscreen bolts..mine didn't even fit. That gsxr one looks really sturdy..I'd like something like that.. but i had the 905 just the bottom and my upper got all cracked up from HCs and i wasn't even coming down hard

Thanks kid... im gonna hit them up and see what they have to say about it. i just bought a brand new off ebay so maybe i can just sell it and get the 905 if its worth it.

anyone else post up their
Old 01-13-2006, 10:15 AM

My 905 for the 636 was crap too........
Old 01-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Brap

My 905 for the 636 was crap too........
The bottom part was tight but didn't do much for the support of the actual upper fairing..Like i saw the F4i stay has wher eit goes all the way up supporting the Upper aswell
Old 01-13-2006, 10:33 AM

The side plates on mine are too thin and every drop it shifts to the side, breaking the upper and the headlight...........When I first go it it didnt fit the frame then when I made it fit it didnt line up with the headlight mounting bolts or the guage bracket..........Actually just tightening the guage bracket to it snapped the guage bracket......I had to do alot of work just to mount it, both to the 905 part and OEM guage bracket.

It was stronger than stock and I did use it the whole season but it could be way better and should have been for $250
Old 01-13-2006, 10:36 AM

The side plates on mine are too thin and every drop it shifts to the side, breaking the upper and the headlight...........When I first go it it didnt fit the frame then when I made it fit it didnt line up with the headlight mounting bolts or the guage bracket..........Actually just tightening the guage bracket to it snapped the guage bracket......I had to do alot of work just to mount it, both to the 905 part and OEM guage bracket.

It was stronger than stock and I did use it the whole season but it could be way better and should have been for $250

but i think maybe the gSXR ones might be a little stronger.. checek out the link i have posted above and give your
Old 01-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Brap

I agree man
Old 01-13-2006, 10:42 AM

I cant comment on that because I havent seen one in action..........Mine looked great but when I actually started to use it I found out it was crap....Im not giving 905 any more of my money
Old 01-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Brap

but i think maybe the gSXR ones might be a little stronger.. checek out the link i have posted above and give your
Yeah the gsxr version looks tons stronger and better support for the actual upper fairing
Old 01-13-2006, 10:48 AM

I looked at this
http://www.racing905.com/products/St...0bar%20001.jpg
and I have to say it looks very good I would give that a try if I had a GSXR There is alot more though in that one it looks like and all the problems I had shouldnt happen with that design....Id go for it
Old 01-13-2006, 10:51 AM

I looked at this
http://www.racing905.com/products/St...0bar%20001.jpg
and I have to say it looks very good I would give that a try if I had a GSXR There is alot more though in that one it looks like and all the problems I had shouldnt happen with that design....Id go for it

OK thanks man.. apriciate it
Old 01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Brap

Ok so any other ways to help make the upper fairing stronger
Old 01-13-2006, 11:17 AM

runawaycustoms is an unknown quantity at this point

check out :www.runawaycustoms.org

we also have a forum, and i will try to get the upper stay photos up, i have been selling them so quick i have to ship them before i get a chance to take pics.

we will also be at the cleveland cycle world international motorcycle show
at the ix center

Quick Reply: 636 Upper Support/Strengthening