stuntin an r6

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: stuntin an r6

don't ever do stag again, foot on the seat is Way more comfy, uj ust learn to keep the wheel turned to the left and kinda stand sideways, like turn your body the direction your left foot points and twist your waist into the bike, once u hold idle you will quickly learn the comfy body position, its 1000x better then stag.. oh yeah clutch with foot on seat insted of making the step into it from BP stag.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

don't ever do stag again, foot on the seat is Way more comfy, uj ust learn to keep the wheel turned to the left and kinda stand sideways, like turn your body the direction your left foot points and twist your waist into the bike, once u hold idle you will quickly learn the comfy body position, its 1000x better then stag.. oh yeah clutch with foot on seat insted of making the step into it from BP stag.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:41 AM

scootnr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 01 and a 03 i like them both but the sub frame is weaker on the 03. the only thing i dont like.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Scrapes Elbow

does the fuel injected one feel alot better?
Old 01-17-2006, 10:42 AM

addicted2psi is an unknown quantity at this point

i think you guys may have convinced me to stick with my 03' R6....All i ever heard was how bad R6's were for stuntin...
Old 01-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Scrapes Elbow

just try not to crash to much. yamahas explode
Old 01-17-2006, 10:55 AM

scootnr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

fi is a whole lot better.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Scrapes Elbow

i can't wait till i get my hands on a 06 r6
Old 01-17-2006, 11:11 AM

gotcha...do they have any oil starvation issues?

i think im just gonna stick to stoppies and 2nd gear wheelies on this bike for this year and get an older cbr or something to learn slow stuff on...
Old 01-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Scrapes Elbow

my oil light comes on buit i ignore it lol, i over filled it a half quart and like i rock around a parking lot for a few minutes on one wheel... no problems yet
Old 01-17-2006, 11:44 AM

gotcha...any problems doin stoppies?
Old 01-17-2006, 01:07 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

Yeah I want an 06 but I have to pay off the truck. I'm going to work 2 jobs all summer to see if I can do it.
I've been told that R6s chug oil through the airbox when left on the bar for more than 2 min. An extra half quart of oil usually fixes th oil light issue.
The oil pickup isn't hard to do though there are a couple threads about this I'll see if I can find anything.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:16 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by addicted2psi
gotcha...do they have any oil starvation issues?

i think im just gonna stick to stoppies and 2nd gear wheelies on this bike for this year and get an older cbr or something to learn slow stuff on...
This should help maybe
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...ghlight=pickup
Old 01-17-2006, 04:27 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a 00 for a season. oil was on almost constantly on one wheel but never blew a motor. bike ran mint but my frame cracked in 5 spots. the motor mounts also cracked and the fairing stay broke. the rearsets break like glass but other than that it was nice to ride. but the f4i is like a cheater compared to that thing, just better in general.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Scrapes Elbow

i have a graves race stay, ima cut n inch off my pegs, powers cage doesn't stress the motor mounts and where the hell u crack ur frame n did u drop that thing hard or what?
Old 01-18-2006, 11:33 AM

the spars of the frame cracked right under where the plastic inserts go, all the way to the hole. and also in the cast part of the frame on the inside where the frame bends, infront of the subframe mounts. yah it hit the ground hard a few times but never cracked until i started learning circles and clutching out of seat standers on almost stock gears
Old 01-18-2006, 11:34 AM

o and i had a 905 cage, also doesnt stress motor mounts. they did not rip the threads out but the impact cracked the mount on the motor. o and my frame also cracked on the left side motor mount, the part that hangs down off the main frame. had about a 1 inch crack in that piece too
Old 01-18-2006, 08:26 PM

defcon is an unknown quantity at this point

i havent had a problem at all with my oil light, i use about a half quart extra though, i havent blown a motor yet , but i did crack the head on one, but even with a cracked head it was ridable,lol, ive gone threw 3 subframes so far, two left rear sets , 3 pegs, upper fairing stay, 2 shifters, but most of that stuff was broke at 70 mph or faster,
Old 01-19-2006, 12:51 AM

Fairing stay and rearsets are by far the weakest on any bike.
But the aftermarket solves that.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Scrapes Elbow

thank god i learnd how to aluminum weld!

Quick Reply: stuntin an r6