Chopin Stockers

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 05:29 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Chopin Stockers

Sooo i know its easy to chop an aftermarket.. But i put a stock on, because im trying to be a stealthy midnight whisperer.. So whats the deal ? Same old chop the cap off,, then chop it how short you want it, then get someone who knows what they are doing to weld a perfect bead around it to seal the deal ? For my after market carbon fiber acpvc. i just drilled out the rivots and chopped it short and re rivited it.. but that wont work for this one...
Old 01-05-2006, 05:32 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: Chopin Stockers

Yea Pretty Much.i Chopped My Stock On My 636 And It Is 3x Louder Than My Chopped Hindle,d&d.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:44 PM

i havenet even opened up a stock one,, and i know honda's are different.. Fish has a chopped stock and its still stealthy.. ill have to ask him i guess
Old 01-05-2006, 05:46 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

My Hindle Was Quiet At First And I Repacked It When I Chopped It.it Seems To Get Louder Everyday.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:55 PM

well maybe you used the wrong packing,, I used fmf 4 stroke dirtbike packing and it lasted 2 years before it got loud,,, you gota pack it toooighte..
Old 01-05-2006, 05:56 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I Think I Used The Moose Packing.i Have Seen Some Of It Shoot Out The Pipe When I Start The Bike Up.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:04 PM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

my stock chopped can isnt much louder than full length at all hardly noticed a difference. I cut it w/ a chop saw. i cut the cap at the factory weld then marked the can where it needed to be cut, chopped it honda has 3 little pipes inside the can cut them back about an inch from where the end cap will be then welded cap back on looks dope didnt effect how it runs at all. I'd try to use a chop saw if you can so the cut is straight makes it easier and better looking
Old 01-05-2006, 06:54 PM

mista_shrpnl is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, chopping a stocker wont make too much a differance in the loudness..
Old 01-05-2006, 06:55 PM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point

is that FIB in your avatar?

and i cut my 954 one and theres liek 4 pipes in there. its definitely not gonna be quiet for that reason plus the fact that the pipe is shorter so less muffler = more noise
Old 01-05-2006, 07:24 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, here's what you gotta do for a stocker honda... I figured this out the hard way by going through 2 stock pipes b4 getting it right. I like to be as quiet as possible, cause my lot is close to houses.

Those 4 pipes inside are important... if you just cut em and put the cap back on you will have a much louder pipe. I'll attach a pic of when I cut mine. I cut 6" off from the original end cap weld.

Here's the deal... there are 3 chambers inside the pipe. The first is where the inlet comes in... the sound waves bounce around in there, then go through one tube(the bottom one) that bypasses the second chamber and goes to the end where they bounce around some more. Then through the 2 tubes in the center that go back to the second chamber, bouncy bouncy, then it all exits through the top center tube out the end cap.

What you have to do is keep a few inches of the last chamber and seal that last exit pipe from the rest of em. I had my welder slap a plate on the end w/ just one hole for the top tube. Then put the orignal cap back on.

If you take the time to do it this way, it'll stay just about same loudness as stock. Slightly louder at wot. Leave those 4 tubes open and you may as well cut 12" off the pipe.

I'll try to get some better after pics but for now you get the idea...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dec25 015.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	162026   Click image for larger version

Name:	pipes 005.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	162027  
Old 01-05-2006, 07:36 PM

CHAO5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stock GSXR looks similar to that stock honda pipe inside, so the same should apply. I cut mine after that plate and it's pretty loud... especially under load. At idle it's got a nice deep tone.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:35 PM

rydn600f4 is an unknown quantity at this point

a really easy way to do it that doesnt look as good as the flush welds is to cut it back a couple inches from the tip...cut about 6in out...then cut a one inch wide ring off of the scrap piece....cut that piece across so it can expand enough to slip over your pipe...tack weld the 2 pieces of your pipe together then slip the ring over the joint and weld both sides....this makes it alot easier to weld because there is absolutely no gap...if you have the skills or acess to a good welder then do it the cleaner way listed above
Old 01-05-2006, 09:41 PM

so in that pic,, you block the 3 bottom holes is what your saying ? how do you block them ? just stuff packing in or what ?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
so in that pic,, you block the 3 bottom holes is what your saying ? how do you block them ? just stuff packing in or what ?
he doesn't mean block them, but cut them further than the top pipe, and have the top pipe flush with the endcap.... or that's how i gathered it at least.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:38 PM

SlitZ is a decent person

damn i didnt know it was all that technical... i was gonna cut that **** down and just tack it back on, glad i read all this
Old 01-06-2006, 01:05 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ummm ok KJ954 can i just pay ya like 75 bux and u can send me a professional cut down stocky for and an F4i

On the real tho...i needa find a welder...
Old 01-06-2006, 01:22 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickalltogether
he doesn't mean block them, but cut them further than the top pipe, and have the top pipe flush with the endcap.... or that's how i gathered it at least.
Exactly. The top pipe has to be isolated and sealed from the rest. You can see in the pic how I cut them flush w/ the inner plate and left the top just long enough to stick out past the final cut.

It only cost me $45 at the local welding shop to get the plate and end cap welded up... so scrape up a few bucks and get your cuttin wheels out.

All this sh*t isnt really that important if you don't care about noise... but if you wanna keep it as quiet as possible, it's the only way to go.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:43 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh snap if its only gonna be like 45 bux then thats fine.

I think most ppl eventually get tired of the loud ear ringing loudness and having ppl call u in for ur exhaust, drawing un-needed attention. Good info man :YEAH
Old 01-06-2006, 07:36 AM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Great description kj. Guess i coulda been a little more detailed i was kinda high. Thats exactly how mine ended up. He's right its quiet as stock mines just a little louder at low idle through the revs sounds about the same
Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Kawi Pipes Are Easy And Simple!!!

Quick Reply: Chopin Stockers