Stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 03:02 PM

f4stunna is a decent person
Re: Stoppies

Originally Posted by Beto
dont go for distance on those 250s bro, they're just not good for stoppies...only way I could do it was coming to a complete stop...I would do the squid-style stoppie, IE yank that brake and lean forward lol, its not you its the bike trust me, I thought I just plain sucked for stoppies but as soon as I tried them on my 636 I was rollin 40+ feet...so yes IMO 250's suck for stoppies, be careful on that thing if you do try...
40 feet is not rolling sorry....
Old 12-29-2005, 03:11 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Its The Lazy Fork Angle On The 250 Also.put Stiffer Springs In The Front And That Might Help.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:13 PM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

crank down the preloads thats a cheater right there... it will help some not a lot...
Old 12-29-2005, 03:44 PM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

ummm... you will have to look... there will either be a twist **** or screws that will have S <-----> H
Old 12-29-2005, 04:58 PM

Halliwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
Its The Lazy Fork Angle On The 250 Also.put Stiffer Springs In The Front And That Might Help.
yep, you also only have one disc brake up front, so if you do start grabbing them to hard it could twist the forks, just wait for a diff. bike then start worrying about it.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:51 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by f4stunna
you're such a hater, you have been spending way too much time with z-unit
Old 12-29-2005, 07:18 PM
I Love To Post!

Sean24 is an unknown quantity at this point

F4Stunna is always crackin me up hahahaha
Old 12-29-2005, 07:31 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

dont bounce, I dont... that dont help at all!!
bullshiit that dont help if you dont bounce that shiit dont come up quick enough and you dont get ballanced as easy ither. try it maby you ill start rolling more than 40 feet. dam i love when people tell pros how to ride it cracks me up.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:43 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

40ft

Old 12-29-2005, 07:50 PM
I Love To Post!

Sean24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hyperryder
bullshiit that dont help if you dont bounce that shiit dont come up quick enough and you dont get ballanced as easy ither. try it maby you ill start rolling more than 40 feet. dam i love when people tell pros how to ride it cracks me up.
and who would the "PRO" be....hahahahna you? get the *** outta here
Old 12-29-2005, 08:22 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

dont go for distance on those 250s bro, they're just not good for stoppies...only way I could do it was coming to a complete stop...I would do the squid-style stoppie, IE yank that brake and lean forward lol, its not you its the bike trust me, I thought I just plain sucked for stoppies but as soon as I tried them on my 636 I was rollin 40+ feet...so yes IMO 250's suck for stoppies, be careful on that thing if you do try...
yo kj954 and gtiguy why dont you guys fuccking read first i did not say i was going 40 ft its this guy beto going 40ft trying to give advise.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:46 PM
kj

I know who said it.... that's who I was laughing at.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:01 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by f4stunna
lol yeah I know this but I'm sayin that it was way better than just being able to pop it up on a 250

Last edited by Beto; 12-30-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:05 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by GTIguy
and who would the "PRO" be....hahahahna you? get the *** outta here
exactly thanks man

i'm not giving any pro advice you dumbasses..I think you guys need a reality check, someones heads are getting too big, bunch of haters...everyone starts somewhere, at least I'm out there riding rather than having to hate on someone to make myself feel better...I never said I was a pro did I?
Old 12-30-2005, 01:06 AM

Ace151Slayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe its the 250s brakes? I tried one a while ago just messin around, and all it does it slow down real hard, and I did try to lean forward a lot.

Maybe because its single disc? Im not really sure.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:34 AM
kj

i'm not giving any pro advice you dumbasses..I think you guys need a reality check, someones heads are getting too big, bunch of haters...
""dont bounce, I dont... that dont help at all!!""

No you weren't giving pro advice, you were giving garbage advice.

Sorry buddy, but if you don't bounce it up, you will never bring it up high enough fast enough... and be stuck forever rolling 40 or 50 foot. They're called "power stoppies". This is the basic fundamental of rolling a stoppie... weight transfer.

Not hating at all, everyone starts somewhere... but when your just starting, you shouldn't be giving advice to people like you know whats up.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by kj954
""dont bounce, I dont... that dont help at all!!""

No you weren't giving pro advice, you were giving garbage advice.

Sorry buddy, but if you don't bounce it up, you will never bring it up high enough fast enough... and be stuck forever rolling 40 or 50 foot. They're called "power stoppies". This is the basic fundamental of rolling a stoppie... weight transfer.

Not hating at all, everyone starts somewhere... but when your just starting, you shouldn't be giving advice to people like you know whats up.
alright so I will man up and say I'm wrong right here, but for a beginner it seriously dont help in the first steps of learning stoppies IMO, but yeah I gave gaabage advice, dont listen to me I suck...also, I'd like to state that I WAS doin 40ft. stoppies, I've gotten further now, slowly but surely, I think the furthest I've gotten is 105ft. not bad for 1 month of practice, but they're not consistent, cool so maybe I will try bouncin again and see if it helps, my apologies to anyone that I may have given bad advice to...
Old 12-30-2005, 01:49 AM

heres some good advice from MERK in a thread that I had started awhile back on stuntusa.com

Originally Posted by MERK
get a damper. dont even think about doin another stoppie until you get one. that **** is not worth it. after you have aquired one then start at about 30-40. accelerate to about 40 then as soon as you roll off the throttle grab the brake to bring the *** up. some people like to come out of the seat as the roll off the throttle and onto the brake, i like to keep my *** in seat and push down the pegs but you will figure out whats more comfortable for you. to go distance you need to know how to steer thats the hard part. controling the hieght is more of a mind game and finess.
back to steering, now when yougo to pick the *** end up its probably either going to go out to the right or the left, but 9 times out of 10 if when you pick it goes right its gonna keep coming up to the right because somethin in the way to shift your weight to bring the *** up is makin it go right, because if your position is correct it will come up straight. so if your *** (the tail of the bike) is goin to the right the every time you pick up the stoppie push on the right clip on like you are dippin in to a right turn. keep doin that until the *** starts goin left, then just play with it and repeat, after repeating enough times youll just start steering it straight, after you got that then come in as fast as your comfortable and take it as high as you want for as far as you desire

oh and make sure you have as dope tire(i like the new pilot) and i like to run between 20-22lbs in the front tire.

let me konw how that works out for you

Quick Reply: Stoppies