12 bar on zx6r. need opinion on length...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
12 bar on zx6r. need opinion on length...

I think this might be a little longer. Just need some opinions before i get to TIGn the ***** together.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:12 PM

da Liks is a decent person
Re: 12 bar on zx6r. need opinion on length...

dude that shi t is way too long! all the way down to the tailpiece!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

what the he ll do you mean all the way down to the tail. i see guys rockin longer ones all the time. I have a 2 inch piece of solid abs plastic im bolting to the end anyway. so ... yeah
Old 12-07-2005, 04:17 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Even if you cut it down, the angle of the scrape plate looks way wrong. It looks like the bottom of it is gonna hit first. You ideally want the back to hit slightly first (so if you sit it at 12 you can put a dime or something similar under the front), to allow for flex in the subframe.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

i know that. i just need opinion on length. but its fine. tahnks for all the replies.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:32 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vettjd01
i know that. i just need opinion on length. but its fine. tahnks for all the replies.
Well then.. definately make it flush with the tail.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:34 PM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

when you add that ABS plastic to it make it at an angle

nice welding though
Old 12-07-2005, 04:36 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

grab a friend and hold onto the front forks and lift it up to 12. See how it lines up. It really is that simple.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Its done.

Old 12-07-2005, 07:50 PM

So why ask for opinions when you aren't going to listen to them?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

I did use your opinions. I looks like it lines up fine when scraping to me. I just didnt use your opinon. I thought maybe it should be a little longer but once i got it up it balanced itself perfect.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it did turn out to be a nice 11 o'clock bar. People were not telling you to shorten it so it balances better. They were telling you to shorten it so the bike scrapes at 12 o'clock. In other words, the bike should point straight up when on the bar. Look at the bottom of your plastics, they are pointing forward.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:14 PM

Plus a longer bar is just a pain in the ***. Accidently hitting your bar is no fun.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Well then. I was going off the swing arm. guess it shall be shortend then. Thanks for the reasoning kern.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:35 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

the bar is too long and your hat looks dumb
Old 12-07-2005, 08:36 PM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

dont be hating on a Hoosier!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

haha. the hat is retarded, the bar is too long, this we know. I also use commas incorrectly but i dont care, andyou live in ****ing arizona. Form follows function. This ***** is warm as hell and its 12 degrees outside. Rep 260 R.i.F.