What mod's does an 04 R6 need ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:33 PM

Justoni R6 is an unknown quantity at this point
What mod's does an 04 R6 need ?

Whats up I got an 04 Yamaha R6 and I want to do slow wheelies. So I went to a parking lot and started practicing 1st gear with brake control and I was getting it so much fun, but then my bike had stalled out and when I went to turn it on it ****ing hydro locked on my ***. Good thing warrenty covered that **** if not i'de be in jail for robbing a bank. Do I need an oil pickup? I also heard now I got to move the crankcase vent tube to a seperate catch can is that true? Someone help me so I can continue my slow wheelie dream. Thanks
Old 12-07-2005, 02:24 PM

jg101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What mod's does an 04 R6 need ?

i need to know these mods myself?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:34 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

lol, yeah i stalled like a week ago. i've got a gixxer with 2 down 3 up that way nothing too major and i can still smash on the highway and the twisties, but anything less than 5mph she wants to stall. i'm just going to give up all that highway nonsense and turn it into a full blown stuntbike. so gearing all depends on what you want to use it for. just a couple of teeth here and there will slow you down a little, but if you want to nail circles and stuff like that, u need to get a sprocket the size of a little ceasers, or maybe a papa johns. haha. oh and a new 130 link chain to go with it.
the sprockets i'm getting right now are 15, 60, so i need mathematically 124 links.
check out 905's external 12 bars too! you dont have to cut plastics or hack up your tail-light.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:51 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by Justoni R6
Whats up I got an 04 Yamaha R6 and I want to do slow wheelies. So I went to a parking lot and started practicing 1st gear with brake control and I was getting it so much fun, but then my bike had stalled out and when I went to turn it on it ****ing hydro locked on my ***. Good thing warrenty covered that **** if not i'de be in jail for robbing a bank. Do I need an oil pickup? I also heard now I got to move the crankcase vent tube to a seperate catch can is that true? Someone help me so I can continue my slow wheelie dream. Thanks
Your problem is the crankcase vent thats why your motor locked
get a catch can or use a PCV valve either way you have to stop the oil from dumping into your airbox and hydeo locking your engine........
Old 12-07-2005, 04:02 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
lol, yeah i stalled like a week ago. i've got a gixxer with 2 down 3 up that way nothing too major and i can still smash on the highway and the twisties, but anything less than 5mph she wants to stall.
Too much rear brake.

i'm just going to give up all that highway nonsense and turn it into a full blown stuntbike. so gearing all depends on what you want to use it for. just a couple of teeth here and there will slow you down a little, but if you want to nail circles and stuff like that, u need to get a sprocket the size of a little ceasers, or maybe a papa johns.
No you don't.

check out 905's external 12 bars too! you dont have to cut plastics or hack up your tail-light.
You still have to cut your plastics, and they are a pain to put on. Get an internal one.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:18 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

lol, yeah i stalled like a week ago. i've got a gixxer with 2 down 3 up that way nothing too major and i can still smash on the highway and the twisties, but anything less than 5mph she wants to stall. i'm just going to give up all that highway nonsense and turn it into a full blown stuntbike. so gearing all depends on what you want to use it for. just a couple of teeth here and there will slow you down a little, but if you want to nail circles and stuff like that, u need to get a sprocket the size of a little ceasers, or maybe a papa johns. haha. oh and a new 130 link chain to go with it.
the sprockets i'm getting right now are 15, 60, so i need mathematically 124 links.
you don't need big sprockets to do circles, that's a myth.. you can do them on stock, lots of people do.. and u don't need a 130 chain, liter bikes come with them, not 600's...

and you don't need warranty work if your bike hydolocks, just take out your plugs, and crank the engine a few times.. listen to dude, just throw in a catch can fo rthe oil
Old 12-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

If it's got full coverage do the folowing: Open the cap cap, light a match, drop it in gas tank, buy a handa with the insurance money.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

try to find your self the 99-02 r6 stock catch can..
Old 12-09-2005, 02:55 PM

Justoni R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

[B]Well I don't got tha full insurance so I can't blow the **** out of it. The warranty came in handy cause it blew a rod and broke the case and and alot of other **** on the bottom of the motor about 6000 bucks of damage, like I said Jail for robbing a bank. The mechanic said that I need a catch can but I just wanted to make sure thats all I needed Thanks for all the replys Laters.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:30 PM
vvXDL Finals Las Vegas vv

Ford will become famous soon enoughFord will become famous soon enough

i used to have an 03 r6. best bike i have ever owned. i wheelied just about every sport bike and the r6 was my favorite. i rolled circles easily on mine stock for a long time. you don't really need anything