new 636 need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 06:29 AM
Regular StuntLifer

john john is an unknown quantity at this point
new 636 need help

ight hear it is ive been stunting 929s for 2 years now and i just bought a 03 636 whith 1200miles on it how do i set it up dont know **** abought it ..it ant no 929 thats fo sure..i love bar tricks and saw kane was having probs whith his so if anyone knows the best way to set it up would be alot of help....if anyone has any plastics for it ill buy them being the ones i have are mint whith out a scratch on them............................thanx johnjohn
Old 12-01-2005, 08:21 AM

John LegionST is a decent person
Re: new 636 need help

there is a thread soley for the 636 in the help section, it has all the info you need plus a link in it for kane's crankcase vent (no more oil filling the airbox) mod.

for mine i went with FI clipons, GP Tech HB, -1 +10 gearing, and FI cage and bar (the FI stuff is super pimp!, i had 905 and powers before and FI is better in many ways!!!) I LOVE THIS BIKE! oh a necessity with these bikes is a good set of rearsets... i've been told that Woodcraft's are pimp for stunting by a few really good riders. (that is my next mod cause both of mine are broke and have been welded) the stockers break if the wind kicks up too strong.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:23 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Yea, I Broke 2 Right Rearsets This Week!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:32 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by john john
ight hear it is ive been stunting 929s for 2 years now and i just bought a 03 636 whith 1200miles on it how do i set it up dont know **** abought it ..it ant no 929 thats fo sure..i love bar tricks and saw kane was having probs whith his so if anyone knows the best way to set it up would be alot of help....if anyone has any plastics for it ill buy them being the ones i have are mint whith out a scratch on them............................thanx johnjohn

How do you like the FI clip-ons? any pics?

I cant decite if I want stratight like the FI or the regular aftermarket 7-9 degree down angle.............

As much feedback on the FI as you can give would be much appreciated :YEAH
Old 12-01-2005, 08:42 AM

well, i was using woodcraft clipons (with some down angle) that i liked way more than stock. unfortuately, i haven't been able to ride with the FI's yet but i like them a lot! once i get more riding in ill give an honest review, but i can't tell you when that will be.

I would say give the FI's a shot, cause they seem like you'll be able to sit a little bit higher and have better leverage (closer to DB bars than race oriented woodcrafts, which should be much better for stunting!!!) and if you hate them sell them and get woodcrafts. hope that helps some.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:50 AM

Thanks thats what Im actually deciding between FI and Woods So you did like the Woods better than stock though? I think they have less angle but aftermarkets usually make you lean forward a little more because the bar mounts infront of the forks......I also saw Sato and Kyleusa sell adjustable angle clip-ons but their a fortune and replacement bars are special and expensive also............I hate dirt bars and I think FI's might be too close to that for my style.....
Old 12-01-2005, 10:43 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

ting ting radel radel whats that the sound of your 636 falling apart i had one dident like it at all stuff was always breaking
Old 12-01-2005, 11:09 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hyperryder
ting ting radel radel whats that the sound of your 636 falling apart i had one dident like it at all stuff was always breaking
THATS LIFE......GET USED TO IT
Old 12-01-2005, 11:12 AM

HA HA and you own a GSXR 6 GSXR's are much better in fact I like cracked frames and its soo much fun when you subframe blows apart
Old 12-01-2005, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Thanks thats what Im actually deciding between FI and Woods So you did like the Woods better than stock though? I think they have less angle but aftermarkets usually make you lean forward a little more because the bar mounts infront of the forks......I also saw Sato and Kyleusa sell adjustable angle clip-ons but their a fortune and replacement bars are special and expensive also............I hate dirt bars and I think FI's might be too close to that for my style.....

the woods are better than stock in my opinon. They are a tiny bit farther of a reach, not noticable of riding, but in a wheelie it actaully feels better case your hands are actually HIGHER (more towards the front of the bike) than stock (the FI's are gonna feel like that too). For stoppies i think im gonna like the FI's better cause the woods caused me to be REALY far forward. They felt really good but it was hard to look really far out in front of me (whereas the FI's will let me be a bit taller and make lookin up easier). replacement bars for FI or woods type clipons are $10, which is really nice. Like i said if i hade to choose, i would go FI!

hyperryder - my 636 is holding up better than my gixxer did! guess its all in how you ride it?!?!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by john LegionST
the woods are better than stock in my opinon. They are a tiny bit farther of a reach, not noticable of riding, but in a wheelie it actaully feels better case your hands are actually HIGHER (more towards the front of the bike) than stock (the FI's are gonna feel like that too). For stoppies i think im gonna like the FI's better cause the woods caused me to be REALY far forward. They felt really good but it was hard to look really far out in front of me (whereas the FI's will let me be a bit taller and make lookin up easier). replacement bars for FI or woods type clipons are $10, which is really nice. Like i said if i hade to choose, i would go FI!

hyperryder - my 636 is holding up better than my gixxer did! guess its all in how you ride it?!?!
Thanks sorry for all the Q's but I appreciate it! Ima try the FI's hopefully theres not mounting issues cause Im full fairing/headlight.....

All the bikes have their own disadvantages........But Id rather have broken reasets, clipons, uppers, birdcages etc etc on the 636 than cracked frames and destroyed subs like the GSXR's. A rearset or clipon is a 1/2 hour job having the neck of your GSXR welded or changing the sub is a *****!!! Or how about their great reputation of throwing rods?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Thanks sorry for all the Q's but I appreciate it! Ima try the FI's hopefully theres not mounting issues cause Im full fairing/headlight.....

All the bikes have their own disadvantages........But Id rather have broken reasets, clipons, uppers, birdcages etc etc on the 636 than cracked frames and destroyed subs like the GSXR's. A rearset or clipon is a 1/2 hour job having the neck of your GSXR welded or changing the sub is a *****!!! Or how about their great reputation of throwing rods?
no problem bro, nah, there shouldn't be any fitment issues, should be direct bolt-on. i had to move my guage cluster over towards the right a little (i zip tied it a little off center to the right to the fairingstay, i actually liked it better there, was easier to see it?!?!?!) for clearance when the bars were at full lock cause i have my HB WAY on the inside of the left clip-on and i also push my clipons out a bit, but that was it.

good luck with it bro and feel free to aask away about anything else.

yeah, gixxer's are GREAT stuntbikes, but the 636 is even better!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:37 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

SEEN A GUY OVER THE WEEKEND HIGHSIDE HIS GIXXER IN THE GRASS AND IT BROKE THE FRAME IN HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:07 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

jesus how'd he snap a frame highsiding in the grass? thats nuts
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kaotic
jesus how'd he snap a frame highsiding in the grass? thats nuts
Hows my friends 02 600 cracked in two places when its only been down once on a slow speed lowside and once in the grass.........The frame cracked on its own after both crashes.........
Old 12-01-2005, 05:38 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

It Is Crazy...it Broke The Spar The Subframe Mounts To And The Subframe Too
Old 12-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Regular StuntLifer

thanx guy for all the help i think im gona like it i hope
Old 12-01-2005, 06:16 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

well i have been beating the **** out of mine and no cracks no broken rearset so far the bike is awsom the 636 i broke rearsets just standing on them. the bike is a peace of crape if you ask me ya gixers have there problems but i guess mine dose not
Old 12-02-2005, 05:53 AM
Regular StuntLifer

i need plastics anyone have any
Old 12-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

i have offered discounts through woodcraft in the past...i'll see if i can set up a direct discount for SL users if you drop my name!

i'll let you know, and if i dont, pester me until i do.

Quick Reply: new 636 need help