F4i owners what sprocket sizes are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 08:29 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ho_Hey is a decent person
Re: F4i owners what sprocket sizes are you running?

You guys are dropping some good knowledge here on this thread for someone like me who hasn’t dealt with too many sprocket set up I just wanted to let you all know that your impute is greatly appreciated.

I know we got more F4i riders out there so keep them coming Homies :YEAH
Old 11-09-2005, 01:50 AM

I know we got more F4i riders out there so keep them coming Homies so what size sprockets are you rocking and how’s it work for you on the streets, stunting, and highway? :YEAH :YEAH
Old 11-09-2005, 02:01 AM

Flamed04R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got off the phone with my boy.. his old F4i was -1 +8 and his rode about the same as mine did..
Old 11-09-2005, 04:35 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

not an f4i but i'm running +4.
no need for anything bigger
Old 11-09-2005, 09:33 PM

Great info Keep it coming I know we are missing a few more F4i or f4 riders out there :YEAH
Old 11-09-2005, 10:27 PM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point

+22 in the rear.

stock front, stock chain.

-Big Scott
www.stunters.com
www.teamstunters.com
Old 11-10-2005, 12:38 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

-1 in the front/stock in rear.

thinkin about going to a +2 in the back but haven't got around to it yet
Old 11-10-2005, 02:41 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 60t rear, stock front......it equals the same as my buddy teamclc's(-1+10). Everything he said about it applies to mine. I LOVE this gearing, perfect for the f4i that doesnt see too much high speed freeway travel, IMO.

But to be honest, i think that the -1+5 your running right now is the best ALL AROUND gearing. i honestly would think about saving that money, and spending it on an oil pickup from www.stuntex.com .

The thing is, f4i's dont stall out as easily as some bikes, so huge gearing really isnt that crucial. And installing an oil pickup will make it even better at not stalling out. I like mine because the engine braking is sick, but with HB's, thats kinda a moot point these days. But it DOES make circles a little bit easier, because you dont stall out quite as much
Old 11-10-2005, 03:02 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

I run a solid 66 tooth. There are times when I second guess the size and think a smaller sprocket would better suit how I like to ride. I can take the bike on the side streets but I have a feeling on the freeway it would be a nightmare. Plus if I was followed by someone with flashing lights and there wasn't a narrow ally to duck down, well, I would be ****ed. That in mind I only ride on the stuntbike on the street for video or promo shots, I'm a parking lot ***** 97% of the time. All in all, if you want nasty engine brake and the ability to **** up all over the place in a circle when you're not covering the clutch, yet not have the bike stall, then I would recommend what I have. The F4i is such a robust bike I think anything from stock to huge will be manageable, it just depends on how much engine brake you're looking for, and the sacrifice of top speed.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:16 AM

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah actually, the engine brake IS still important even with a HB for certain stuff like HC scrapes, or, if your like Nick, scraping SUBFRAME in HC.............so yeah, if you do go big, go 60t, its sick!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:49 AM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

i would say stock front and 10 up in the rear would be perfect. for fwy and everything else
Old 11-10-2005, 12:50 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the reason for going with big gearing? Engine brake doesn't matter much with handbrakes. And how entertaining are 2mph wheelies (regardless of where your hands are)? Circles are fine with small gearing. Just go a little faster and lean a little more...
Old 11-10-2005, 02:33 PM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

I've been riding -2 and it's been decent ... but not being able to get up highchairs or spreaders in 3rd sucks ... I was gonna slap on a +10 but have reconsidered maybe doing a +5
Old 11-10-2005, 02:42 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

I'm at 15/62. Its ok for freeway if you don't have to go too far...I can cruise at around 60 without too much aggrivation, but I'm at like 7000 rpm. I like my set up, but I may go back to the stock front to smooth out the power delivery a little. I can clutch out of ss scrapes at like 15 mph without a problem, so I rarely use my HB. Big gears get boring after awhile.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:59 PM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

1. What gears are on your F4i front and rear? -2 +10

2. What does that gearing best serve for? Streets? Occasional highway? Parking lots? Ect.. Occasional highway / Parking lots

3. How fast would you say you can comfortable ride on highways if you had to ride on the highway? 75

4. Why have you chosen the sizes for the gears you currently have on your bike? Better engine brake? Slower wheelies? Easier to pull off tricks? To look like you know what your doing LOL? Tell me what reason you had to going to your current sprocket sizes.[/SIZE] Slow wheelies.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
*G*

*G* is an unknown quantity at this point

i run -1, + 11 and its good for street and parking lot, highway isnt to bad but i dont know how fast its going it reads 250km topped out so...
Old 11-10-2005, 04:00 PM

M1guh is an unknown quantity at this point

60 in the back.. I'm all parking lots.
It's good because I can allmost stall the rearwheel for a moment from rolling without dipping the clutch. The bad side is that my no-throttlehand circles and stuff aint that fast even if i higher the idle to 4000
Old 11-10-2005, 04:31 PM

HOCUS POCUS is an unknown quantity at this point

I Am 70 Tooth In The Rear And Down One In Front. 70 Mph Is About Max Speed. Works Great For Killin Lots And Shows, Not So Much On Street!!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Ho_Hey
Okay guys I know that everyone is going to have a different answer to this question depending on the style of riding they do and where they ride if its mainly street with occasional highway or just parking lots. 1. What gears are on your F4i front and rear?

2. What does that gearing best serve for? Streets? Occasional highway? Parking lots? Ect..

3. How fast would you say you can comfortable ride on highways if you had to ride on the highway?

4. Why have you chosen the sizes for the gears you currently have on your bike? Better engine brake? Slower wheelies? Easier to pull off tricks? To look like you know what your doing LOL? Tell me what reason you had to going to your current sprocket sizes.

1) -2 +15.
2) surface streets and parking lots
3)70
4)slow parking lot **** in small spots.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:28 AM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

+18 rear stock front

Quick Reply: F4i owners what sprocket sizes are you running?