Is This Good??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 12:23 AM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person
Is This Good??

Well i've been riden for a month and 4 days now..i can alraedy ride wheelies 1st through 3rd and yea i used the clutch. and today i wanted to do standups so i started tryingthemand i was getting them really far. like...maybe half a mile? and like my 3rd try i got one around 500ft. all i do is get it in second and bounce it up at like 11 grand. is this good so far and i can also do a christ. and do nose wheelies to a stop but i cant do them rollling.
i just made this post to see if im doin good or what. and i swear im not lieing aobut this.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:30 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is This Good??

that's great, just cover the rear brake...don't call it nose wheelies (cuz they will lynch you for that over here) and don't do it at dead stop...more chance your gonna loop it...just try it from like 30-35 mph and roll them...you'll see that it is easier to control their height if you roll it. When you pop it up in a dead stop you have no feeling for dosing the brake...

and btw I think you are a liar, LOL
Old 10-31-2005, 02:32 AM
Relentless Dedication..

Come ride with me. and yesss i always cover the rear brake its saved my *** a few times. and i tried rolling on them... it just likeonly would come up 4 inches
Old 10-31-2005, 02:34 AM
Relentless Dedication..

im jsut scared ill push to hard..lock the brake up and it slide...or lock it up and it flip.. do i just like get goin 40 hit the front brakes to bring it up then let off and let it coast? and should i be worried about the slipping of my front tire or it locking up.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:48 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all I'm no stoppie expert but...move/lean forward, lock your arms and squeeze the tank with your legs...when aproaching first compress the forks a bit by applying little brake preassure...then bounce the pegs with your feet to get rebound effect that helps the rear wheel come up easier and grab the brake harder (smooth) at the same time. As you are comming to desired height just ease on the brake to keep it there...

if you are affraid of front tire slipping, first practice on good asphalt with good grip...but if you precompress the front, and lean forward you shouldn't have problems with slipping, unless pavement is extremly slippery...but that is something you can determine just by looking at it...