Stoppies.......curious question

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 09:09 PM

Tdeal28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stoppies.......curious question

I have always been very skeptical about trying to learn stoppies, basically b/c there is NO saftey device to stop you from flipping over. (Ex. Rear Brake for wheelies).....

Theres nothing better than seeing someone pull a long stoppie, so my question is:

How many spills did everyone take before being able to do a rolling stoppie?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:11 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough
Re: Stoppies.......curious question

haha im the wrong guy to talk to. ive flipped 3 and i plan on flipping more. its just part of the learning process...although some guys i know have never flipped. once you go over you know how high u can go though. just roll in at 30-40, lock arms, look forward, squeeze tank with knees, and say ALALALALALALALALA!!!!!!!

oh and post pics!
Old 10-22-2005, 09:15 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

you can roll them without ever looping EASY, but you'll only be rolling about 50 feet or so from like 60 mph. Power stoppies.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:17 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

I just learned them this summer... not very good yet... can roll about 125ft from 35-40mph. Gettin a little further each day out... but the season is just about over for stoppies up here, had a few good front tire skids the other night.

I haven't crashed any but that's probably cause I'm not pushin it real high or commin in real fast just yet.

A couple times I have had that helpless feeling when you come up fast, completely let off the brake and you just float for a second or 2 before it comes back down.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:23 PM

tim 67 is an unknown quantity at this point

im no pro, but i found looking forward will give you a better sense of how high your back end is so i would suggest getting in the habbit, works for me i've had one spill but that was from oil/pot hole nothin i can help
Old 10-22-2005, 10:06 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

ive been rollin out endos for like 5 years now,ive never flipped over from being too high (Knock on wood) ,but ive had the wobble ,were its like a tankslapper and it boots u off. the best part i find now about endos is riding them at or right bfore the point,steering ,and just creeping em at the end ,keeping it mad high but barely moving along. good luck.... (u just gotta feel it ,cruise in from like 40 lock up your arms,lean forward pulll in clutch pull front brake just right to bring rear up ,and use the front brake to control the height,steer ,,lean to the direction u feel is gonna kick out)
Old 10-22-2005, 10:31 PM

Tdeal28 is an unknown quantity at this point

As soon as my bike is back together I might start giving them a try, I just dont' want to really F*#& up my bike anymore than it is......
Old 10-22-2005, 11:05 PM

aaronloi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBRskunk
haha im the wrong guy to talk to. ive flipped 3 and i plan on flipping more. its just part of the learning process...although some guys i know have never flipped. once you go over you know how high u can go though. just roll in at 30-40, lock arms, look forward, squeeze tank with knees, and say ALALALALALALALALA!!!!!!!

oh and post pics!

BUawahahahhea hueheuhueh LOL!!!! are you one of the Taliban guys? MAn i wish I had a proper bike to do em' stoppies....
Old 10-22-2005, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by aaronloi
BUawahahahhea hueheuhueh LOL!!!! are you one of the Taliban guys? MAn i wish I had a proper bike to do em' stoppies....
nope but i was in the army so i hav the right to make fun of ALIBABA and his camels, even if there geared up with handbrake
Old 10-23-2005, 11:20 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

I thinks it's more usual to crash so that the tail comes to the side too fast and you cannot correct it anymore. You set it down, but you are too sideways and highside.

Usually most people do power stoppies, so there is long margin before it goes over.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:05 AM

iehotrodder88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been messing around with them for a month or so,can roll em out 10-20ft or so(hey Im still learning),sqeezin in at like 35-40.....went over the front yesterday..lol...rolled it all the way out but right when I was coming to a stop, I guess I was up on the tank a bit and took a dive, bike kinda landed on me and I rolled at the same time. Live a learn I didnt lock in the knees to the tank.......so after I went over I gave the bike a few minutes to re-group, I started up the ol 6r and rocked the cleanest,highest,smoothest,bp 1 gear clutch up I ever rocked.....one thing leads to another
Old 10-24-2005, 05:15 AM

TrafficCriminal can only hope to improve

Let me recomened metzler M-1...Best endo tire there is ...Guarenteed..
Old 10-24-2005, 08:42 AM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

nope but i was in the army so i hav the right to make fun of ALIBABA and his camels, even if there geared up with handbrake
bro when did you get out i remember when you were in savannah..........now what are you up to
Old 10-24-2005, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by crzystuntrider
bro when did you get out i remember when you were in savannah..........now what are you up to
got out last month! ive been workin at home saving money and im movin to socal in 2 weeks. im livin out my dream hehehe
Old 10-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

got out last month! ive been workin at home saving money and im movin to socal in 2 weeks. im livin out my dream hehehe
Yeah going to be a professional POLE smoker huh???
Old 10-24-2005, 10:52 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

As for stoppies i've yet to flip one cept for when my brake line lodged inmy tired lol after a wheelie..I'm only rolling them about 50ft or so at 40mph
Old 10-24-2005, 11:20 AM

f4hIgh is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i just learn how to lift the back up as i come to a complete stop.... So now how do i get to roll them?
Old 10-24-2005, 12:09 PM

iehotrodder88 is an unknown quantity at this point

try reading the article on stoppies from the old site! there a link on the stuntlife homepage, click on article's(old site), scroll down to bottom of page and check out how to do stoppies, some good general info.

Im still learning how to roll them........add presure and release slightly to keep the bike moving amd to keep you back end up.Im no pro though...just my
Old 10-24-2005, 12:12 PM

f4hIgh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iehotrodder88
try reading the article on stoppies from the old site! there a link on the stuntlife homepage, click on article's(old site), scroll down to bottom of page and check out how to do stoppies, some good general info.

Im still learning how to roll them........add presure and release slightly to keep the bike moving amd to keep you back end up.Im no pro though...just my

Good lookin' out bro
Old 10-24-2005, 12:49 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's another good one... http://superstreetbike.com/stunt_howto/122_0444_hdt/

Quick Reply: Stoppies.......curious question