how to fix bent rim

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 11:52 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point
how to fix bent rim

I searched on this topic and got nothing but I know I have seen posts regarding this..??
I bent my rim last night changing the rear tire. It leaks in two places. Im sure I did everything right, but in the process I even broke the tire iron tip!! I've chaned two tires previously with no trouble. Anyone know what I can do to amend this problem. I was thinking of breaking the bead again then hammering the lip back, best I can. Has anyone done this and fixed it from leaking?? Im already searching ebay for another wheel but would like to fix this one also.

Thanks for any information.
Alex
Old 10-19-2005, 12:44 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: how to fix bent rim

ya pound it back in shape the best you can with a hammer and use lots of soapy water and cross your fingers and my buddy might have a rim for you hit me up later
Old 10-19-2005, 12:52 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

Originally Posted by sprocketz
ya pound it back in shape the best you can with a hammer and use lots of soapy water and cross your fingers and my buddy might have a rim for you hit me up later
Good looking J
I'll hammer it back best i can. I'll dial you up later.
alex
Old 10-19-2005, 01:28 PM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

" Im sure I did everything right, but in the process I even broke the tire iron tip!!"

that just don't add up... Too little lubrication and you are maybe not putting the other side of the tyre completely to the center of the rim. Then it's tight. Usually you can put new tyre on without tyre irons if you have two people standing on it and using enough lubrication and correct technique. You can use rubber hammer to get the tyre edge deaper into rim, then try to push the other side in.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:44 PM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Also helps if you toss them in the oven for a little bit, just set it on warm and leave it in there a bit, softens the rubber up and makes it easier to go on.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:52 PM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

btw, they're shops that do that, my buddy dented his rear going of railroad tracks pretty bad and it was only $50 to straighten.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:43 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

yo man i got abent as **** rim too on the front of the f4i. i tried pounding it with a deadblow mallot and it still is off. it looks strait but i can feel it in the breaks n ****. my main problem is stopies suck cuz the rim is all wobbly.. anybody have a f4i rim or a 929/954 rim . i got the 54 front swap
Old 10-19-2005, 03:16 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

Originally Posted by Jaket
" Im sure I did everything right, but in the process I even broke the tire iron tip!!"

that just don't add up... Too little lubrication and you are maybe not putting the other side of the tyre completely to the center of the rim. Then it's tight. Usually you can put new tyre on without tyre irons if you have two people standing on it and using enough lubrication and correct technique. You can use rubber hammer to get the tyre edge deaper into rim, then try to push the other side in.
Yeah that didn't come out right
I definetly did not use enough lubrication
I tried hammering it back, it helped a little but didn't fix it. Lesson learned
Old 10-19-2005, 03:28 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I Bent The **** Out Of Mine Hitting A Curb,wouldn't Hold Over 14psi Without Leaking.take The Tire Off The Wheel And Put It In A Hydraulic Press.use A Short 2x4 To Press Into The Wheel And Do It Slowly.i Can See It Wobble A Little If I Peek Over The Front But I Cant Feel It And Only Takes About 1/2 Ounce To Balance When I Change Tires.this Is The Front Wheel Too!!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:58 PM

DECEPTICON13 is an unknown quantity at this point

just take the tire off again, and beat the bends with a rubber mallet. i had 10-15 bends in my front rim and we got all of them back to normal. plus i had a hole in my rim, jbwelded it back and now it holds air like a champ. im just learning to roll stoppies and they roll nice with no headshake or wobble,

try this first and if it doesnt work find a shop to doit. but youll regret buying a new rim if you can fix it with a little tough love.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:42 PM

Irun is an unknown quantity at this point

for a quick job, use the soap and water trick in a spray bottle. tru using a small peice of wood to hold on the lip of the rim, and beat the wood with the hammer. my
Old 10-19-2005, 06:49 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

damn alex, you are like heman or somethin! nah my buddy did the same to his.. we just put fix a flat in it. and hit it with a mallet.. you can also get bead sealer, and just slop it in there,.. it'll do
Old 10-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

goto a local tire shop and buy a can of bead sealer... if it still leaks and u can't afford a rim yet
Old 10-19-2005, 07:03 PM

gixxer0.6g is an unknown quantity at this point

You buy a used one
Old 10-19-2005, 08:02 PM

rtpassini is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DECEPTICON13
plus i had a hole in my rim, jbwelded it back and now it holds air like a champ.

uhh.....
Old 10-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

mallets-2x4-rubber... forget that crap...smash it with a regular hammer...i was riding with a friend he hit a pothole taco'd his rim bad 5" long about 2" deep...rode to the gas station kicked the bike over on the cage...about 20 hits later...just like new!!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:23 PM

twinisin is an unknown quantity at this point

gansta style :YEAH
Old 10-20-2005, 10:57 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

Originally Posted by ezec1000
mallets-2x4-rubber... forget that crap...smash it with a regular hammer...i was riding with a friend he hit a pothole taco'd his rim bad 5" long about 2" deep...rode to the gas station kicked the bike over on the cage...about 20 hits later...just like new!!
ahahah damn!!
you sound like my other friends. THey blew a tire a month ago at the spot and just kicked the bike over then took of the rear wheel off (with the bike on its side) , slapped on another and was in business. I would have never thought of that.

Yeah bashed the **** out of it again and started a small crack!! lol I love it.
Time for some JBweld. I tried fix a flat but it still leaked. I'll try bead sealer and give it a go.
Then to top things off I borrowed the wheel from my other bike, went to the back of Cal Expo and couldn't rock one good standup idle wheelie, but rocked good sitdowns....go figure.
The bike Gods hates me I know it.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:04 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

you should be weary if theres a crack.....fu(k that.......thats playing with your life.... maybe you dont ride highway.....but i do and i would never do taht ****...then again I got three 929/954 wheels in my garage if i needed em,............ I recommend getting a new wheel hardcore if its cracked....
as far as bike gods hating you, you are riding a gsxr.............bwhahahahah