Are you a F4i owner in SOUTHERN OHIO ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 12:48 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ho_Hey is a decent person
Are you a F4i owner in SOUTHERN OHIO ?

Okay my reason for needing an F4i owner in southern Ohio is so that production of dual rear brake caliper brackets can get started being made. That means better rear hand brake for F4i's but I need one of you to drop your bike off with Matt Spicer of

Extreme Motorsports Engineering, LLC
4777 Industry Dr. “D”
Fairfield, Ohio 45014

WWW.EXTME.COM

matt.spicer@gmail.com

Matt is a very knowledgeable and talented machinist / business owner who is ready to help eliminate some of our frustrations by producing a high quality dual rear brake caliper bracket made out of aircraft grade aluminum for Honda F4i’s. To simply put it if you help in this development you will most likely get yours for a great deal just remember nothing is free in life but I am sure Matt will give you a good deal. I am even willing to pay you $25.00 out of my own pocket to cover your gas expense. I will Pay Pal or send you a money order once Matt verifies that he has got your bike in his shop for taking measurements and development of the dual rear brake calipers. My reasoning for asking Matt to help me out by fabricating these brackets is because I feel this is the best option to go with as far as rear hand brake set-ups go below are two good reasons.

1. GP Tech rear brake master cylinder adapters work well but they are attached to your rear brake master cylinder which is mounted to your right foot bracket. One good drop of your bike and say your brackets breaks off leaving you most likely with no rear braking ability. The same goes for the billet machined rear brake master cylinders because it’s also attached to your right foot bracket. Bottom line if your foot bracket breaks off your done!
2. Now another good reason to think about a dual rear brake caliper set-up is say you have a stoppie go wrong or something else causing the bike to tip over and you bust your left front hand brake master cylinder okay now you have no rear brake at all because air is in your rear brake system. Sure you could put the stock rear brake master cylinder back on or replace your left hand brake master cylinder but by then your riding day is done!
3. Now if you have a dual rear brake caliper set-up using the same scenario I mentioned above having dealt with your left hand brake master cylinder being damaged after a good crash this would be handled differently if you have a dual rear brake caliper bracket set-up. Now you don’t have to stop stunting because you are operating off two rear braking systems meaning one is down but you still have the other (stock foot brake) so now you get to keep on stunting. Then later once you have down time you can fix or replace your left hand brake master cylinder and your back in business unlike being stuck with no brakes all.

Now ask yourself when was the last time you have heard of someone breaking a rear brake caliper bracket stunting after a crash? I know I haven’t but I know a lot of guys who have broke off brake levers and cracked hand brake master cylinders. All I am saying is I personally wouldn’t want to get stuck with no rear brake on a sunny day or at an event like stuntwars. I don’t know about you but I don’t normally have a spare foot bracket and tools in my pocket so the dual rear brake caliper bracket set-up seems like a winner! These dual rear hand brake caliper brackets will require the use of another stock rear F4i caliper which if you choose to participate in this development I will ship a spare rear caliper directly to Matt for use on your bike (yours to keep free) I am not sure how long Matt will need your bike so please contact him for that information. Please keep in mind that I will need to be notified once a volunteer has filled this slot so that I can have the rear brake caliper shipped out to Matt.

Call Matt’s cell at 513-823-9902 if you are interested and I will send you ($25.00) once he has received your bike to help compensate for your gas expenses.

My Name is Jorge if you need to reach me my email is Home2Perez@aol.com
Old 10-18-2005, 07:05 PM

Re: Are you a F4i owner in SOUTHERN OHIO ?

Oh come on guys somebody in Southern Ohio has thought about getting a rear hand brake set-up here is a great opportunity for a good deal!

$25.00 for Gas & a free rear caliper! :YEAH
Old 10-18-2005, 08:14 PM

Devil_Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

What about buying a rear caliper with the bracket and a rear rotor off of eBay and take it to the guy? That should be enough. After one is built send it to someone to test out to make sure it works properly.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:52 PM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn;t they post this a few months back? I guess no takers huh?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:50 PM

jeffy0630 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Devil_Boy
What about buying a rear caliper with the bracket and a rear rotor off of eBay and take it to the guy? That should be enough. After one is built send it to someone to test out to make sure it works properly.
lol cuz that would be to easy and that way dosnt give the guy a chance to jack ur **** either.....
Old 10-19-2005, 04:39 AM

We need a bike (complete) if it was just that easy to have a rotor, caliper and bracket I would have sent him that instead of asking for a volunteer.

We still need a volunteer
Old 10-19-2005, 07:12 PM

Old 10-19-2005, 08:14 PM

Old 10-20-2005, 12:40 PM

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

i would do it but MO is a bit more than $25 in gas..... plus i reckon i would want to hang out with my bike.....she gets tempramental when other people **** with her.....hahahahhaah
Old 10-20-2005, 01:13 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ho_Hey
We need a bike (complete) if it was just that easy to have a rotor, caliper and bracket I would have sent him that instead of asking for a volunteer.

If you cant design it in CAD with just the 1 bracket and the rotor diameter you dont know what your doin. PERIOD!
Old 10-20-2005, 04:53 PM

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

regardless of whether or not they can do it in CAD, having a real life reference helps in any situation..........but i agree, it shouldnt be that hard to do....... have essentially another caliper completely opposit the stock one. done deal.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
If you cant design it in CAD with just the 1 bracket and the rotor diameter you dont know what your doin. PERIOD!

I am not a machinist but I can assure you that the bracket will be the highest quality dual caliper bracket on the market once it’s made but we aren’t going to waist time and money designing without a bike in house. Remember that the stock rear factory bracket rides along the inside of the swing arm so to be absolutely positive that the right measurements are taken we will have to have the bike in Matt's shop.

We still need a Volunteer
Old 10-20-2005, 06:42 PM

Devil_Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy a swingarm, rear caliper with the bracket and an extra rear caliper, and a rear wheel. What else do you need? I just bought a rear caliper with the bracket for $10 + shipping and a swingarm for $10 + shipping, and I've seen wheels for $100. All on ebay. I've seen like 3 swingarms with a $9.99 buy it now. That way he can keep it the shop to make sure every one is made right.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:24 AM

Volunteer still needed
Old 10-26-2005, 06:33 PM

Thank you everyone who took the time to rear my thread but the volunteer position has been filled. I will later post up when those brackets will be available for sale.
:YEAH
Old 10-26-2005, 06:54 PM

I meant to say --> Thank you everyone who took the time to (read) my thread. not rear

Last edited by Ho_Hey; 10-26-2005 at 06:59 PM. Reason: x