staying on the bike @ 12

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:14 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person
staying on the bike @ 12

allright guys...im not PRO, but i have been stunting for about 2 mo. (only once a week on Sat or sunday) AND I SUCK! lol
this saturday i went up to Evansville In. and rode with Sick Innovations....those guys helped me learn more in 1 day than i did in 2 mo by myself....well....they taught me how to start riding on idle, but im not keeping it up there for a long time yet....so yesterday i go out (twice in a row...woo hoo, and now i can 12 my bike, and hit the bar, but i don't know if im getting spooked, or what, but i can't stay on the bike....i have a U style bar (different than the Jbeats) and it's acually set a lil past 12....my question is how can i stay on the bike and scrape the bar....it feels like the bike pushes me off when it's @ 12
here i am...yeah im not the best, so keep the negative comments to yourself...im looking for help, not critisizm
Old 10-17-2005, 10:20 AM

f4stunna is a decent person
Re: staying on the bike @ 12

umm, have you tried hittin it with your feet on the pegs?? and its easier to 12 not in idle going faster
Old 10-17-2005, 12:32 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

All I see is an X. No pic. I noticed that the F3 that i rode Saturday seemed to pull to the right real bad. I didnt look into it seems how i was only there for about 10 minutes, but you may want to check into that. Possibly a misaligned rear wheel or a worn rear tire. Im glad we were able to help. Congrats on hittin your bar. You can come up and ride with us whenever you want to. We will be riding all winter.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:38 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Is that picture flipped horizontally?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:40 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
.....i have a U style bar (different than the Jbeats) and it's acually set a lil past 12....my question is how can i stay on the bike and scrape the bar....it feels like the bike pushes me off when it's @ 12
When you say it feels like the bike is pushing you off, do you mean off the back, or to a side? Cuz if you mean the back, thats pretty much normal, you just have to hold on.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:04 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

why is your brake foot on the bar? if you could answer that i'd appreciate it, is the pic flipped? hope it is and u're not already usin a hb
Old 10-17-2005, 01:07 PM
sickinnovations.com

Damnit i wanna see the pic. Repost it or something.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:14 PM

must be flipped becuase this looks alot better
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0448.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	155482  
Old 10-17-2005, 01:18 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by inolen
Is that picture flipped horizontally?
Nevermind.. the exhaust and sprocket are on the correct side. His right foot isn't actually in the bar, it's coming down to touch the ground. So were you doing a standup with your left foot on the front peg or a sitdown and you ended up standing up when hopping off?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by inolen
Nevermind.. the exhaust and sprocket are on the correct side. Are you using a handbrake, or no brake, or what?
good eye, didnt even notice that. but i did notice that his foot isnt even in the bar? mabey thats why he's fallin off?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by f4stunna
good eye, didnt even notice that. but i did notice that his foot isnt even in the bar? mabey thats why he's fallin off?
lol, check my edit.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i think his foot is on the side of the bar.. like the bar that hits is longer than where the supports are.. so it's like an extra peg almost
Old 10-17-2005, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
i think his foot is on the side of the bar.. like the bar that hits is longer than where the supports are.. so it's like an extra peg almost
nope, its a rounded off bar
Old 10-17-2005, 01:26 PM
B.T.M.

then mystery solved
Old 10-17-2005, 02:07 PM
sickinnovations.com

Now i see the pic. Thanks for the repost. Hes doin pretty good going from a pow pow wheelie to a slow standup in one day. Keep it up.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:58 PM

in that pic im coming off the bike..thats why i posted it....im doing staggered stundups, and trying to get used to the break, but i guess i get spooked, and just HOP off.....and yes..it was my first day doing anything slow...i was just chasing my wheelies before these guys helped me, but id like to stay on the bike, and finish riding the wheelie, instead of coming off the bike.....

hey Punk...which guy were you? i don't remember that bike, or anyone in a helmet becides Brent, James, and me

btw...my rear tire is almost new, and i checked the settings, and the wheel is straight...unless the swingarm is bent rides pretty straight
Old 10-17-2005, 04:10 PM
sickinnovations.com

This is Ian. I was only there for about 15 minutes. I pulled up on the all black GSXR 750.

As far as the wheel, it may have just been me... Who knows. If it doesnt give you problems, I wouldnt worry about it.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:00 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I know exactly what your trying to do louisville--your trying to tap the bar then keep riding the wheelie, then tap the bar, then keep riding the wheelie...am I right?

If Im right then you need to do this--12 the bike, get a little bit of momentum going, once you feel comfortable enough that the bike is under you straight and not crooked, let off the brake real slow and let the bike come back and tap--this is important: DONT CUT THE GAS OR EVEN LET OFF THE GAS AT ALL--when it taps and your still on the gas, EASE back into the rear brake and the bike will stand up off the bar and you'll be 12ing again..another hint is to make sure you got some speed in your 12 and dont mash into the brake or else you might come close to stalling out especially if you dont have stunt sprockets. It takes some practice but its really great once you get it down!! Good luck!

-Alvin
Old 10-17-2005, 06:35 PM

yeah Alvin...thats what im wanting to do, but can't seem to stay on the bike....and im running a 61 rear and stock front sprocket...thanks for the help...that was what i was wanting to hear....im going to try it as soon as i can put it on the bar, and stay on the bike..i seem to fall off right before it hits the bar (as you can see in the pic)
Old 10-17-2005, 07:05 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

wait, im confused, so you do use the brake right?

Quick Reply: staying on the bike @ 12