staying on the bike @ 12

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Re: staying on the bike @ 12

Originally Posted by louisvillerider
yeah Alvin...thats what im wanting to do, but can't seem to stay on the bike....and im running a 61 rear and stock front sprocket...thanks for the help...that was what i was wanting to hear....im going to try it as soon as i can put it on the bar, and stay on the bike..i seem to fall off right before it hits the bar (as you can see in the pic)
Cool-you'll get it soon-i fell off my bike at least 10 times when i first started hitting bp too--Are you falling off or stepping off? Try stepping off and pulling the clutch in really quick to save the bike as you progress-walk the bike back down from the 12 onto 2 wheels. After you learn how to SAVE the bike when it comes back too far and onto the bar, next thing you want to learn is how to NOT hit the bar--

Me personally, i think scraping and riding out when you want takes some skill--you really need to know how to 12 the bike and balance it out (you cant scrape and ride out if you bring it back on the bar crooked or you'll fall) , and have a really good feel of the throttle and the brake, and ALSO know exactly what it takes and what your bike sounds like just before it STALLS---I hope this helps--just get out there and do it--you'll get it in no time.

-Alvin
Old 10-17-2005, 11:02 PM

louisvillerider is a decent person
Re: staying on the bike @ 12

yeah..i pull in the clutch when it hits the bar, and twist the bike around to put it back on 2 wheels...i can pretty much do it when i want to now....but as for riding @ 12..im still working on it...

and ofcourse im using my break..why else would i be doing staggered, and NO WAY would i even ATTEMPT to ride @ B.P w/out covering the break....i don't have much rear break controll yet..i prettymuch put the bike back on the ground when i use it during a wheelie (i know..too much break, but w/ my gearing i have ALOT of engine break LUCKILY, cause it's saved my *** a few times) and i got a 50 to help w/ the break controll
btw thanks for the advice guys.....glad the haters haven't jacked this thread yet!