more 929 issues..

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 08:26 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
more 929 issues..

my 929 blew a plug out of the head over a month ago, i then replaced the head. reset the timing.. did it perfect.. put it all back together, the *****w on't start..it cranks, and randomly fires.. u can smell it getting gas.. tested for spark.. what could be doing this!??
Old 10-16-2005, 08:30 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: more 929 issues..

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
my 929 blew a plug out of the head over a month ago, i then replaced the head. reset the timing.. did it perfect.. put it all back together, the *****w on't start..it cranks, and randomly fires.. u can smell it getting gas.. tested for spark.. what could be doing this!??
Did you check the compression???

And why do you have pics of doodle in your av?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:32 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

didn't check compression, i can tell it has plenty, when u hear it crank.. and it doesn't want to spin the tire in gear... because, doodle is my idol..

oh and btw.. i dont' wanna hear get a f4i, or get a kwak or any of that bullshit
Old 10-16-2005, 08:36 PM

Well if it has spark and it has gas and you know the timing is correct. (which unless your bending valves i'm sure it is) the only other thing i can think it would be would be compression and since thats the one thing you haven't checked...
Old 10-16-2005, 08:38 PM
B.T.M.

won't be able to check compression without pulling the ****in frame off again.. i just want to plasma that ****in crossbar off the frame... 929 4 sale!
Old 10-16-2005, 08:40 PM

won't be able to check compression without pulling the ****in frame off again.. i just want to plasma that ****in crossbar off the frame... 929 4 sale!
You have to drop the motor to replace the plugs on a 929?????? f that buy an f4i.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:42 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

at anytime after you put it together did you give it throttle while tryin to start it?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:42 PM
B.T.M.

yeah i did nws... seems like when i gave it half throttle it tried to start more.. and if i didn't, it wanted to kill the battery right away... is there a chance that harness u sold me is bad? i'm thinkin it might not be gettin spark on all cylinders, i have to check each one.. any ideas?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:38 PM

yeah i did nws... seems like when i gave it half throttle it tried to start more.. and if i didn't, it wanted to kill the battery right away... is there a chance that harness u sold me is bad? i'm thinkin it might not be gettin spark on all cylinders, i have to check each one.. any ideas?
that was the harness straight off of my 929 motor the only reason i did'nt reuse it is because the 954 i got to replace it came with it's own,the reason i ask about the gas thing is that sometimes with 929's espeacaly if they've been sitting for a while if you give them any gas at all while starting it will foul plugs for some reason i've had this prob and so have a few other's i know,try pullin all yer plugs clean them,dry them turn the bike over with all plugs out for a sec this will clean the cyliders then put the plugs back in and try ti again,mean while i'm goin to dig threw my stuff maybe i have some stuff that will help you ,or maybe i can send you the rest of the harness lemme know if you try that
Old 10-16-2005, 11:40 PM

yeah infact my buddy just got back from japan he was gone for 8 months he came back tryed starting his 929 gace it some gas and that started a whole line of probs #1was bad gas,then he foulded plugs then some vacum module,anyway there very tempermental motor's just be calm or get a bigger hammer
Old 10-16-2005, 11:48 PM
B.T.M.

haha, i was thinkin more like a stick of dynamite!.. but good idea, i'll check it out, god is it a ***** to get the plugs out? i'm gonna have like 3 extensions and angled drivers n ****... oh well, worth a shot, thanks for all the help man, u're a good guy... i'll know y tomorrow probably... if not, 929 for sale 3800, clean title, caged, geared, gently ridden... do it!!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:54 PM

haha, i was thinkin more like a stick of dynamite!.. but good idea, i'll check it out, god is it a ***** to get the plugs out? i'm gonna have like 3 extensions and angled drivers n ****... oh well, worth a shot, thanks for all the help man, u're a good guy... i'll know y tomorrow probably... if not, 929 for sale 3800, clean title, caged, geared, gently ridden... do it!!
hold on i'll send you a pick of the excat tools to use that will make it easy as a stunt groupie
Old 10-17-2005, 12:05 AM
B.T.M.

fvck yes!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:41 AM
Regular StuntLifer

john john is an unknown quantity at this point

i had the same prob and it was just the vac line that go's to the scencer on the airbox
Old 10-17-2005, 12:55 PM
B.T.M.

you mean the 2 big lines that go from the airbox to the valve cover pcv valve? there is also a T'd vaccuum line where i dunno where it goes haha, could that do it?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:28 PM
B.T.M.

come on now!
Old 10-17-2005, 04:34 PM

here you go hopefully you have all these,you just gota use them in the right combo and they'll come out like butter,it's a 2-3 inch extention w/plug socket
and a 6 inch extention with wobbley,you set the small ext.and plug socket down in there first then set the wobble while connected to the rest and turn away
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	poo 001.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	155489  
Old 10-17-2005, 04:35 PM

it's a lil black box on the back right side of the airbox it should have a line hooked to it
Old 10-17-2005, 05:15 PM
B.T.M.

killer i should have those.. i have the 2 bigger diameter hoses that go into the airbox, i'm talkin about a thin vaccum hose, that's has a T connector in it.. i have no clue wher eit goes!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

man o man

Quick Reply: more 929 issues..