Wave rotors

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 08:38 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point
Wave rotors

Waste of money... or better for stoppies?

It's time for a new front set of rotors, I got a wave on the rear and never really noticed a difference.

Anybody else try em?
Old 10-16-2005, 12:32 AM

meatstick is a decent person
Re: Wave rotors

Bro, it is the best $530 you can spend on the 54. The breaking power of these combined with the Galfer stainless steel brake lines is incredible. I thought the stock rotors were great, but these things are awesome. Doing stoppies now is great, they are so predictable.

Old 10-16-2005, 01:10 AM

sAmThEmAn209 is an unknown quantity at this point

F U C K that, $530???

Helll nawwww, just go with the stainless lines...
Old 10-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

i don't like the price... but they look so damn hot
Old 10-16-2005, 01:47 AM
kj

Nice pic looks sweet w/ the chrome. Got anymore?

Cheapest I've found so far is $457.95 shipped for a pair... which is actually cheaper than new stock rotors, they want $640 at the stealership...

I know, I know... ebay, but lately I've had bad luck buying damaged sh*t. Radiator that leaks, and a bent midpipe... both unusable but advertised as great condition. Can't trust anyone anymore.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by kj954
Waste of money... or better for stoppies?

It's time for a new front set of rotors, I got a wave on the rear and never really noticed a difference.

Anybody else try em?
Waste of money Any poser who rocks these is either rich as hell of doesn't push himself hard enough to have to buy other replacement parts for his bike. Spend the $500 on a new motor, because if you ride like you should, you'll need it.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by kj954
Nice pic looks sweet w/ the chrome. Got anymore?

Cheapest I've found so far is $457.95 shipped for a pair... which is actually cheaper than new stock rotors, they want $640 at the stealership...

I know, I know... ebay, but lately I've had bad luck buying damaged sh*t. Radiator that leaks, and a bent midpipe... both unusable but advertised as great condition. Can't trust anyone anymore.
That is a great price! I wouldn't have bought the wave rotors, but my stock ones were warped. I called a dealership up and they wanted over $750 dollars for the stock ones. You can see what I did about that. The waves are cheaper and are better. Guess that makes me a poser!

I'd be leary about buying bike parts off of ebay. Especially if you don't know whether the pic of the part is what you are actually getting! Screw that, rotors are to important to be ****ing around with. The waves are great, you won't be dissapointed.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:49 AM

Pigott666gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Set of Gafler Waves on my 01 gsxr and they are the ***** worth every cent and Look sick too......
Old 10-16-2005, 12:47 PM

cYcLePaThIc954 is a decent person

Originally Posted by NINER
Waste of money Any poser who rocks these is either rich as hell of doesn't push himself hard enough to have to buy other replacement parts for his bike. Spend the $500 on a new motor, because if you ride like you should, you'll need it.
congratulations, thats the dumbest post ive ever read...he didnt ask what u thought he asked if they were worth it...he needs new rotors...these are a CHEAPER option that stock...learn to read and ull realize that he dosnt want somethin used that could be junk...so its either the $475 for the waves or over $700 for oem....just cus u like to rock a busted up bike so it looks like u stunt dosnt mean every1 wants that....now whos the poser?
Old 10-16-2005, 02:02 PM

crzy954rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NINER

Wow, that was pretty much the most ignorant post i've ever read in my life......I have a set of wave rotors on one of my bikes, does this mean i'm a poser?
Old 10-16-2005, 05:43 PM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

So back to the topic...they are worth the money especially if you already need to replace your stock ones?

Ive already bought a set of HH pads for my F4i and now Im lookin for sumthing else to help with stoppies since Ive decided to not do a 929/954 front end swap. And new front rotors sound like they might be just what Im lookin for...any other kinds of rotors that may be cheaper but still be better than stock?
Old 10-16-2005, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by AzN~BoI_585
So back to the topic...they are worth the money especially if you already need to replace your stock ones?

Ive already bought a set of HH pads for my F4i and now Im lookin for sumthing else to help with stoppies since Ive decided to not do a 929/954 front end swap. And new front rotors sound like they might be just what Im lookin for...any other kinds of rotors that may be cheaper but still be better than stock?
Dude, if you don't want to buy waves do the next best thing and put stainless steel brake lines on. This will make a world of difference. If you can swing it, do both and get the waves. I'm telling you, you will like them. I bought everything from http://www.calsportbike.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi

Call Todd up, he is the owner. Good guy, he'll answer any question you have. You can see where it led me.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

ebay stock rotors for $70-100
Stock rotors + stock pads = better for endos.

i heard that if u run Galfers wave rotors that u should run the Galfer pads with them. other pads will slowly ruin those rotors, just something i heard i dunno
Old 10-16-2005, 07:01 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

im gonna say you should call upbike junkyards(if there isnt a local one) and buy a set of used ones or ebay it. used rotors will go for about 75-125 a piece so at 250 a set at the most your still half of what those cost. i think NINER should have added that to his post becuase i agree with him. there are better things you can spend the extra money on, like steel braided lines!
Old 10-16-2005, 07:05 PM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well stock or wave rotors Im gonna get some stainless braided lines. Iill see after the stainless lines if i want wave rotors too.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AzN~BoI_585
Well stock or wave rotors Im gonna get some stainless braided lines. Iill see after the stainless lines if i want wave rotors too.

if your a stunter then u dont need wave rotors. They are pointless. Just toss some steel braided lines on and get some OEM pads. Its a great set up.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by teamclc
ebay stock rotors for $70-100
Stock rotors + stock pads = better for endos.

i heard that if u run Galfers wave rotors that u should run the Galfer pads with them. other pads will slowly ruin those rotors, just something i heard i dunno
If they cost over $700 from a dealership, there is a reason they are $70-100 on ebay. Why are stock rotors and stock pads better for endos? That makes no sense to me. I have done stoppies on both of them and the waves are a lot better. I think you have to ride both and make up your own mind, but anybody who has waves or ridden a bike with waves will tell you they are great.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:04 PM
kj

Thanks for the usefull replies so far...

I picked up the steel lines a while ago and they did make a huge difference... i really don't know how I rode w/ out them.

And stock pads and rotors have been just fine for me, but now I have 2 warped rotors and ebay has left a bad taste in my mouth after 2 consecutive bunk purchases. Just saw an advertised "perfect set" 954 rotors on ebay for $80 buy it now.

Been wondering for a while about the waves cause they advertise them as "better braking feel, and cooler running". But I've never actually talked to someone that has used them.... that was the point of the thread... to hear from peoples personal experience.

Obviously if waves can be a usefull tool to improve my riding I am willing to shell out the extra dough for em.... if I wanted em for looks or "posin", I wouldn't giv a dump how they worked.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:07 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

on a stuntbike i would just go with steel braided lines, stock rotors are fine! and i think they are smoother too... i could feel the waves when i had waves on my streetbike, and didn't like it, put the stockers back on.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:18 PM

In what way do the waves feel different than stock? I'm confused on this. Cause the waves on my 54 are smooth, but when you hit the brake that front tire is coming to a stop!

Quick Reply: Wave rotors