sweet&sour CBR F4I

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 03:13 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person
sweet&sour CBR F4I

So i just got this 01 minty red and black f4i for $3,500 and im starting to see why it was so cheap some one please explain to me whats up with my bike and tell me if its bad? the bike rattles between 3-4000 rpms cause the timming belt tensioner is worn and loose or sumthin, and the bike heats up fast at a stand still with out the fan kicking on i checked the connections there good, could i be a fuse? or temp sensor? or bad fan motor?
and does anyone elses f4i make that rattling sound? the guy i bought it from said he had the dealership take it apart and check it out said there was nothing wrong and it should affect the bikes performance?...i dont know bout u but a rattling that happens consistently between 3-4000 rpms doesnt sound like everything is good, supposobly even they ran a compression test and thats all good to?

please send sum knowlege and advice im freakin out over the overheating and rattling?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:18 AM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: sweet&sour CBR F4I

ummmm ummm well umm i think its the cam chain tensioner, get a manual one. the fan, u should check the fuses, direct wire it to the batter if u have to :YEAH F4i as the sheezyz

FSP!!!!!!!!! :YEAH :YEAH
Old 10-10-2005, 03:59 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I had an F4i that had the same rattle.. its the cam chain tensioner, its not crucial yet but highly suggested you replace it. As for the fan, there is a plug in on the front of the radiator, its a sensor. When the bike heats up to like 212 or something it turns on, take that wire off, take the rubber boot of the wire and ground out that wire to something (I do it to a fan bolt) This will make the fan stay running constantly. Much better on the motor and it won't heat up as fast, plus it keeps the overall bike cooler so there isn't as much heat on your legs. Ever touched a frame when a bike is at 250?? YEA, IT FVCKING SUCKS!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
I had an F4i that had the same rattle.. its the cam chain tensioner, its not crucial yet but highly suggested you replace it. As for the fan, there is a plug in on the front of the radiator, its a sensor. When the bike heats up to like 212 or something it turns on, take that wire off, take the rubber boot of the wire and ground out that wire to something (I do it to a fan bolt) This will make the fan stay running constantly. Much better on the motor and it won't heat up as fast, plus it keeps the overall bike cooler so there isn't as much heat on your legs. Ever touched a frame when a bike is at 250?? YEA, IT FVCKING SUCKS!!!!
just curious im just stunting the crap outta this bike so what would happen if i didnt get the tensioner fixed? would i loose power or shorten the life of the motor?
and if i do what u say on the radiator fan it will run from the time i turn the bike on till i turn it off? is that bad for the fan motor or battery?
Old 10-10-2005, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by teamclc
ummmm ummm well umm i think its the cam chain tensioner, get a manual one. the fan, u should check the fuses, direct wire it to the batter if u have to :YEAH F4i as the sheezyz
hells yeah bro! this f4i is scary light i rode it for the firdt time today....WOW! its gonna be fun killin stunts on it, im use to stunting litter bikes like my 954 its such a big difference

FSP!!!!!!!!! :YEAH :YEAH
Old 10-10-2005, 03:35 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

my f4i is startin to make a rattle sound too.. hmm
Old 10-10-2005, 04:00 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know how bad the rattle is, but if its enough to annoy you then it should be replaced... thats my personal philosophy on that one. As for the fan, yes.. its always running. Fans are rock solid, they'll last forever. So just wire it up solid and leave it running, the bike will stay cooler and you want to do this ESPECIALLY if this bike is going to be only a stunt bike. Most stunt bikes don't go fast enough to really cool down the bike, so you want to be able to practice as long as you can before the bike gets to 250.... b/c trust me, if you are rockin slow stuff on a 80 degree day... your bike will get to 240+ degress, but with a fan running constantly it'll take a bit longer.

All else fails and the bikes still overheats, replace radiator and thermostat.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:03 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

if u don't get a new CCt, or a manual one, the cam chain can slip, and skip timing marks on the cams, and throw your valves out of whack, and detonate your motor, smash valves... bad stuff, one way to fix it is to FSP4 LIFE!!
Old 10-10-2005, 04:54 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
what side (as looking at the bike from the front) is that wire on. my bike likes to heat up like a dog in heat...........if you could send a pic. thaks in advance for the help
Old 10-10-2005, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
if u don't get a new CCt, or a manual one, the cam chain can slip, and skip timing marks on the cams, and throw your valves out of whack, and detonate your motor, smash valves... bad stuff, one way to fix it is to FSP4 LIFE!!
so im gonna replace it then is it pretty easy to do? is there any how too's on here or shold i say f it and have a shop do it im just so broke