BP and braknig

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:44 AM

kerrycorcoran is an unknown quantity at this point
BP and braknig

aloha!

ok, still learning and very new. clutching up wheelies while sitting down. I am usually rolling about 15 mph, I clutch up and am getting cosistant at hitting BP - now what??

i know to hit the brake, and have done so a couple of times, but now i seem to be slamming down a lot more than when i did not use the rear brake.

here is the scenario, i clutch up things are good, the bike starts to go past bp so i can either let off the throttle or hit the rear brake. since i am new i was just letting off the throttle and the bike would come back to bp or in front of bp. i want to get rear brake on figured out so do i stay on the throttle and ride the brake when it starts to go over, or let of the gas and tap the throttle or stay on the gas and tap the throttle?

any help appreciated.
thanks,
Kerry
Old 10-07-2005, 10:50 AM

Halliwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: BP and braknig

do you mean stay on the gas and tap the rear brake?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:02 AM

Doh!

Yes, I mean should I let the bike keep going past BP and instead of letting off the throttle tap the rear brake? Do I just tap it until it starts to dip and then let it go again?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:03 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

stay on the gas and tap the brake. you can't let off the gas and hit the brake at the same time
Old 10-07-2005, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by dudeman47
stay on the gas and tap the brake. you can't let off the gas and hit the brake at the same time
That's makes sense to me, I would think the bike would slam to the ground - but do I stay on the gas the same and not let off even a little? I guess my concern is that I will be going past BP when I go for the brake and if I am only tapping it that I might not tap it enough in time - loop

when you were learning did you slam it down a few times at fist before you got the feel for it. I was practicing last night and feels like my shoulder is broken from a couple back slams...just want to make sure I am learning correctly.

Any help appreciated.
Kerry
Old 10-07-2005, 11:32 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

You've got the idea, you just have to put in the time to make it second nature.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:39 AM

WALLYF3 is an unknown quantity at this point

KEEP ON THE THROTTLE AND LIGHT PRESSURE ON THE BRAKE TILL YOU GET USED TO RIDING AT BP...YOU'LL GO THROUGH A SET OF REAR PADS LEARNING BUT ONCE YOU GET USED TO IT YOU'LL USE THE BRAKE LESS AND ENGINE BRAKING MORE....JUST KEEP PRACTICING AND YOU'LL BE THERE IN NO TIME
Old 10-07-2005, 01:07 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Idle It Up To About 3000 Rpm If Ypu Got Brake Control Down And Try Not To Chop The Gas.when I Learned I Stayed On The Brake Lightly And Gave A Little More Gas.hope That Helps Some.and Practice,practice, Practice.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:39 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kerrycorcoran
but now i seem to be slamming down a lot more than when i did not use the rear brake.

here is the scenario, i clutch up things are good, the bike starts to go past bp so i can either let off the throttle or hit the rear brake.
cuz of these 2 sentences I seriously doubt you hit the BP. The bike does not "start" to go over, it just flips if you do not apply RB.........or you have a pizza plate on the rear wheel and enough engine brake to bring you back from behind BP.

read your first sentence in my quote...and think again...that's classical scenario when your shooting out rpms and apply RB...and when your throttle control is smooth enough to play with BP you do not slam wheelies down...I guess the power of the liter bike is fooling you and making you think your at BP but your just riding it out long...

maybe im wrong, but from what you've written and what I see from your avatar (not that I judge ppl by avatars) you are way under BP...just trying to help, not hating...good luck...
Old 10-08-2005, 08:40 PM

the02goat is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Good INFORMATION Bruno
Old 10-09-2005, 05:13 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dudeman47
Yeah you can. I never use the brake and the gas at the same time
Old 10-11-2005, 12:28 AM

broncopete27 is an unknown quantity at this point

the way i wuz told to learn when i rocked a 929 was to bring it up to my comy zone or whatever u call it, and lay into the rear brake and bring it to the ground using all brake, no letting off the throttle, then you will learn how much brake to give it to smooth out the throttle , without bringin it all the way down hard, after you get that in you back pocket lay into the brake alil bit and roll on the throttle and take it on up...some people say this method is bunk cuz once you start learning no handers your usta lightly draging the brake no tapping it, but it doenst take long to learn how to just tap it