636 ignition help

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 03:55 AM

lockjaw is an unknown quantity at this point
636 ignition help

hey i just broke my key. i really dont care to have one cause i got a vortex race cap and it just a stunter anyways. does any 1 know how i can just put a toggle type switch on it. i got the ignition off and put the wires together, it will crank and crank but will not fire up. please help

thanks
paulie
Old 10-06-2005, 04:11 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 636 ignition help

You need to get a solenoid that has a power side, start side, and run side. Follow your main cluster and find these 3 wires. Im not sure where they are on a 636, but what it sounds like is you have the start wires looped together. The run side closes the circuit and allows the power to travel in a loop. You could probably find a push button start... all you have to do then is find a solenoid to loop the run wires together, and run the start wires to the push button. Racers do it all the time on drag cars.. same exact concept.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
You need to get a solenoid that has a power side, start side, and run side. Follow your main cluster and find these 3 wires. Im not sure where they are on a 636, but what it sounds like is you have the start wires looped together. The run side closes the circuit and allows the power to travel in a loop. You could probably find a push button start... all you have to do then is find a solenoid to loop the run wires together, and run the start wires to the push button. Racers do it all the time on drag cars.. same exact concept.
hey thanks bro but you seriously lost me?
Old 10-06-2005, 05:54 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

or you could have taken the lock to a locksmith and gotten a new key for about $20
Old 10-06-2005, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
or you could have taken the lock to a locksmith and gotten a new key for about $20
yeah i tried that and they wanted $140.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:58 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Lock... if you know of any RPM shops or shops that build drag cars, go to them. They will help you out, and be able to walk you through it more. But before you go, try and get a wiring schematic or bring the bike with you and have them help you out. If you need to order these solenoids, pick up a Jegs magazine or Summit Racing and find them in their. But to be honest, running a push button setup might be just a shade cheaper than going to a locksmith. You cant just buy a switch from an auto part store and run it that way, this has to be done right in order to work right.

My friend Zackie Chan ran his 636 the same way as you are describing... find him on here and PM him. He'll help you out too.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Lock... if you know of any RPM shops or shops that build drag cars, go to them. They will help you out, and be able to walk you through it more. But before you go, try and get a wiring schematic or bring the bike with you and have them help you out. If you need to order these solenoids, pick up a Jegs magazine or Summit Racing and find them in their. But to be honest, running a push button setup might be just a shade cheaper than going to a locksmith. You cant just buy a switch from an auto part store and run it that way, this has to be done right in order to work right.

My friend Zackie Chan ran his 636 the same way as you are describing... find him on here and PM him. He'll help you out too.
thanks alot