acerbis headlight how to wire

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 07:37 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough
acerbis headlight how to wire

i just got a acerbis diamond headlight with the 3 bulbs for my GF's bike so she can rock her streetfighter, but i need to know how to wire it up. she has the switch control on the clutch side clipon and the wiring harness to go to the stock headlights, so if anyone knows how to get this going please let me know or send a link to a wiring harness

i tried for a lil bit but the ADD kicked in and a fat kids gota eat thanks guys!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:55 PM

Tdeal28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: acerbis headlight how to wire

I have never wired one up, but from previous work experience this is what I would do....

If the switch is still intact and the stock headlight wiring harness is also still on the bike, just connect the low beam stock wiring leads to the low beam wires on the acerbis and do the same for the highbeam. Then the light will work as if it was stock with the switch.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:05 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

i tried that and it didnt work thats why i posted up this Q
Old 10-05-2005, 11:11 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Im currently having the same problem, ive tried connecting the wires in almost every combination possible...no luck, i did melt a few fuses though, that might be my problem. If you ever figure this **** out hit me a pm man!
Old 10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

me and the guys keep our lights off and we only use them to flash and let eachother know when to go or where were at. I wired mine to my horn button I know this dont help u matt but i thought it was funny
Old 10-05-2005, 11:46 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

post some pics first them ill tell u

i mean of ur girl not the bike
Old 10-06-2005, 01:55 AM

P-Diddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teamclc
me and the guys keep our lights off and we only use them to flash and let eachother know when to go or where were at.
1-the acerbis headlight has 6 wires....correct. take 3 (one from each bulb) and that's your ground. take the other 3 and clamp together. so 6 wires turn into just 2 connections.

2- on the stock headlight harness. find the highbeam power wire. the one that supplies 12v when the highbeam switch is "on" and nothing when the switch is "off". now find the ground wire and connect the acrebis ground to the harness ground.

3- test the acrebis headlihgt. you should be able to control when the headlight is on/off. so say your at the spot and you don't want the light attracting attention you flip the highbeam switch and it's off??? does that make sense.
you're not going to blind anyone on the streets either. the highbeam on the acrebis is not that powerfull.

hope that helps
Old 10-06-2005, 08:28 AM
hate practitioner

ya ima go try that thanks, thats how i got my bike headlight set up so i can just turn it on and off with the switch
Old 10-06-2005, 07:36 PM

Green is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to install a diode so the 2 bottom lights are on lowbeam and then all three on for high. The diode just acts as a 1 way switch to keep only the 2 bottom lights on low beam. If you want I can draw the diagram and scan it.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:38 PM
hate practitioner

Originally Posted by Green
I had to install a diode so the 2 bottom lights are on lowbeam and then all three on for high. The diode just acts as a 1 way switch to keep only the 2 bottom lights on low beam. If you want I can draw the diagram and scan it.

that woud be great bro thanks
Old 02-27-2006, 06:58 PM

Cesario is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Puffy
1-the acerbis headlight has 6 wires....correct. take 3 (one from each bulb) and that's your ground. take the other 3 and clamp together. so 6 wires turn into just 2 connections.

2- on the stock headlight harness. find the highbeam power wire. the one that supplies 12v when the highbeam switch is "on" and nothing when the switch is "off". now find the ground wire and connect the acrebis ground to the harness ground.

3- test the acrebis headlihgt. you should be able to control when the headlight is on/off. so say your at the spot and you don't want the light attracting attention you flip the highbeam switch and it's off??? does that make sense.
you're not going to blind anyone on the streets either. the highbeam on the acrebis is not that powerfull.

hope that helps
that sounds like the best solution. mine's got 2 lights, so 4 wires i'm assuming. glad someone explained it so i could understand it.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:05 PM

Green is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the wiring diagram..you should be able to get diodes at any electrical shop, just tell them what you are doing and they should be able to pick the right one. Current only flows one way through so you have to make sure you have them in the right direction.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 AM

it's kinda small man. where's the ray charles picture.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:00 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Puffy

hope that helps
so if i wanted to do something like this to my stock headlight where only the highbeam works and the lowbeam is off would i be wiring it the same way?
Old 03-04-2006, 09:39 PM

smokinciv is an unknown quantity at this point

I am running the diamond on my 97 f3 fighter!!! My wiring is exactly as stated above , 2 connections to stock headlight plug ,control on/off with H/L switch!! looks awesome ,works great!!
Old 03-14-2006, 01:22 PM

for some reason on the highbeam side i couldn't get it to work (i got 4 wires made into 2 on my blitz) i got it to work on the lowbeam side, but they're on all the time.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:35 AM

tohype4u2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cesario
for some reason on the highbeam side i couldn't get it to work (i got 4 wires made into 2 on my blitz) i got it to work on the lowbeam side, but they're on all the time.
your hot wire is the low beam you wired it up backwards

find the other positive lead and connect that to the wires you crimped together that go to the bulbs.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:10 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

cesario is RIP mannn

good cool cat from the forums!

rip mannnn
Old 09-21-2006, 07:37 PM

tohype4u2 is an unknown quantity at this point

dam sorry to hear rip