Honda question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 11:22 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Honda question

Originally Posted by nags
On both my 929 and f4i I don't have the left controls hooked up.. Without them the bike will not start in anything but neutral... is there anyway around that?

That is the way i have been riding ever since i threw on the ASV lever and perch. I thought about rigging up the little perch wires but never got around to it.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:38 AM

A.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

dont tell me you took controls off for a handbrake ??
Old 10-05-2005, 12:50 PM
MISCHIEVOUS!

~Carms~ is a decent person

nags.. ur done!
Old 10-05-2005, 01:05 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

i've got the same problem on my f4i, i jumped the pins at the connector and it still won't start in anything but neutral, i too forgot about it and shut the motor off in a coaster, fun stuff.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:30 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by ~Carms~
nags.. ur done!

whys that?
Old 10-05-2005, 03:34 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

While we're at it. I have another question

Got the f4i all together and it seems to be running good. However, the temp jumps all over the place.. it'll go from 170 to 179 and back down to 160 all within 2 seconds
Old 10-05-2005, 03:52 PM

Sounds like AIDS
Old 10-05-2005, 04:23 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

either you dont have enough water/coolant in it or your sensor is bad... wire the fan switch up and forget it
Old 10-05-2005, 04:28 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

themostat possibly bad ... or temp sensor like thomas said
Old 10-05-2005, 04:49 PM

I'm full to the top with coolant and I just switched out the temp sensor............... next?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:55 PM

i just let it idle for about 10 mins and the fan came on and all.. but even at that point the temp was jumping around 10 degrees at a time
Old 10-05-2005, 04:56 PM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

did you check the thermostat though too? could be stuck only allowing partial coolant flow
Old 10-05-2005, 04:57 PM

Nags, have you ever or heard of someone crashing and smashing there stator so bad that it took a piece of the block with it? 929 that is...
Old 10-05-2005, 05:04 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

did that on the F4
Old 10-05-2005, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by MSE_STUNNERZ
Nags, have you ever or heard of someone crashing and smashing there stator so bad that it took a piece of the block with it? 929 that is...

been there, done that... rtv'd the ***** back together and never had a problem since

I actually didnt crash hard but when I took the stator cover off a chunk off the block came with.. what I did was put rtv on the edge where it cracked, set it in place and let it dry.... then I put jb weld on the outside... I've taken it off since and I've never had a problem
Old 10-05-2005, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by scott3824
did you check the thermostat though too? could be stuck only allowing partial coolant flow
Not sure how to do that....

If thats the case wouldnt the bike get really hot though? It seems to be normal other than the gauges jumping all over
Old 10-05-2005, 06:10 PM

Now I just realized that the rpms jump around a bit too.. if I holt the throttle steady at 3k or so they go up and down a bit.. wtf is that all about
Old 10-05-2005, 06:16 PM

been there, done that... rtv'd the ***** back together and never had a problem since

I actually didnt crash hard but when I took the stator cover off a chunk off the block came with.. what I did was put rtv on the edge where it cracked, set it in place and let it dry.... then I put jb weld on the outside... I've taken it off since and I've never had a problem

That is what i was doing all day yesterday. The whole bike is back together, but i'm nervous to put oil in it.

On top of that, my head started leaking fluid from the left motor mount, and i now have to drain my radiator everytime i wanna take the cage off.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:35 PM

Not sure how to do that....

If thats the case wouldnt the bike get really hot though? It seems to be normal other than the gauges jumping all over
i would judt throw a new one in cause testing it is a pain in the *** ... but if you want to test it I can tell you how ...
Old 10-05-2005, 07:10 PM

I might just pull the thermostat out all together

Quick Reply: Honda question