wtf is a ect sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: wtf is a ect sensor?

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
bike cranks n cranks..makes a put put noise... but won't turn over.... is getting fuel n spark
if it's getting fuel and spark, you might wanna check the compression, that or the cam timing, is it making the normal cranking sounds?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:46 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

yeah normal cranking sound... timing is good, exhaust cam is retarded the tinyest bit... it cranks n goes put put put putput but wont' fire... oh and dano i have a dampner for you to purchase
Old 10-02-2005, 10:49 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah normal cranking sound... timing is good, exhaust cam is retarded the tinyest bit... it cranks n goes put put put putput but wont' fire... oh and dano i have a dampner for you to purchase
well damn, you sure the plug wires are wired right? sounds like you need to do a compression test man.....

and i really can't afford to purchase anything, cause if i could i'd buy a damn sprocket and bar

i actually already have an ohlins just sittin here, just need the mounting hardware. good lookin out though man
Old 10-02-2005, 10:58 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

ah **** k, no problem.... yeah wiring harness is in right.. no other way to do it
Old 10-02-2005, 11:19 PM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

was the bike running fine before and this just happened out of nowhere? Why don't you just try changing the sensor out? The pcm uses the coolant temp sensor to set things like startup timing and idle. Without any intial reading from the sensor it's very possible that the pcm won't let the bike start. Though i wouldn't necessarily say that's definetly the problem, i broke off the coolant temp sensor on my car and it started fine so who knows.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:37 PM
B.T.M.

sweet! someone who knows something! k here's the story... bike ran great.. then i blew a plug out of the head.. previous owner cross threaded it and half assed putting it in.. so i went to clutch it, and it blew it out, so i got a new head.. just put it all back together.. workin on startin it
Old 10-03-2005, 12:44 AM
B.T.M.

anyone? plz?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 AM
NEP

NEP is an unknown quantity at this point

put some gas in the tank duh.....its a honda so
Old 10-03-2005, 07:27 AM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point

how do the plugs look? if any doubt at all try new plugs, sometimes plugs foul and wont fire under compresion but will fire in open air. Also, The ect is a corection imput for the fuel injection and should not affect starting capability.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:27 PM
B.T.M.

oh ****, so where do i put the gas? disastar they are brand new pre gapped plugs... come over n help me fix it!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:57 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like the "foot in the bar sensor"
Old 10-03-2005, 01:58 PM
B.T.M.

that's what i was thinkin... either that or ghonnaherpasyphillis
Old 10-03-2005, 03:16 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by truestunna
was the bike running fine before and this just happened out of nowhere? Why don't you just try changing the sensor out? The pcm uses the coolant temp sensor to set things like startup timing and idle. Without any intial reading from the sensor it's very possible that the pcm won't let the bike start. Though i wouldn't necessarily say that's definetly the problem, i broke off the coolant temp sensor on my car and it started fine so who knows.
i like these kinda threads for some reson, its like a mystery but im thinking replace the ect also....the bikes not cutting off cuz of it, the problem is it not starting

Last edited by sprocketz; 10-03-2005 at 03:17 PM. Reason: forgot a coma
Old 10-03-2005, 03:17 PM
B.T.M.

but the ect sensor shouldn't stop it from starting, fvck, i'll just loop it or somethin, i don't need that bullshit... someone have any ideas?
Old 10-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

but the ect sensor shouldn't stop it from starting, fvck, i'll just loop it or somethin, i don't need that bullshit... someone have any ideas?

who the hell is that chick in ur avatar
Old 10-03-2005, 04:39 PM
B.T.M.

my 2nd gf's mom's cousins neighbor.. fsp 4 life!!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

NICE is she another FSP groupie?? :YEAH FSP 4 life!!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:46 PM
B.T.M.

she will be when u're done with her.. whatever you do, dont' tell sprocketz about fsp, i don't think he'd blend in
Old 10-03-2005, 04:48 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

whats fsp? and damn those ***** are huge
p/s on chryslers the 4 cyl cars with 2.2L and 2.5L mid 80`s you got to disconect the ect to check base timming if you shut the car off and try n restart it alot of time it wont restart jus somthing to think about....i know where talking bikes here but alot of the stuff works the same way
Old 10-03-2005, 04:50 PM
B.T.M.

so try n start it without the sensor in?

Quick Reply: wtf is a ect sensor?