engine brake or pain in the ass???

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 07:00 AM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point
engine brake or pain in the ***???

ok im rockin my dirt bike for a while got a lil better with rear brake, and decided it was time to step it up to teh big bike after a 20-25 mph accident on the dirtbike fliped wheelie.. anywasy back to topic, on my bike (yzf600r 02') the rear break lever is in a fuked possition and i cant cover it without being uncomfortable. im still in eth squid stage with the big bike do to this problem , im riding rev limiter **** at about teh bp, i went behind ti this moring on way back from work at about 60 and almost craped my pants befor i let off enigine brake saved my *** (thanks SPORTBIKE) lmao anyway, should i cut and weld a peice or suttin into teh lever so i can cover it to use the rb? or contuine relying on teh engine if i go behind bp? keep in m8ind im not trying to do slow **** rigth now, all i want to do is hold a steady wheelie for like half a mile or so and ill be happy...
Old 09-30-2005, 08:52 AM

Ninja63619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: engine brake or pain in the ***???

if you go past balance point engine braking aint gonna do nothing for you buddy . Ive never heard of a custom brake lever so that its easier for you to cover it , i think your just gonna have to be unfortable and cover the rear brake, you really dont have to worry about it though unless you get it beyond balance point.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:28 AM

CBeRR900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, forgive me if i sound condescending but, there isn't any way to adjust it? I know that on mine i just take one of the little wrenches in my tool kit and turn the bolt that is connected to it to adjust it... But I'm not sure about your bike, worked on mine.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:43 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

There are plenty of people who wheelie yzf's and cover the rear brake. Learn to cover it. Its awkward, but you can do it.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:29 AM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

if you go past the bp, engine break can bring you back...adjust the rear brake pedal to where its comfortable, learn your wheelies without it, but your gonna need it to be comfortable just in case.

Will that tt-r be for sale any time soon?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:12 PM

lmao, the ttr should be broken soon, one more good whipe out on it... lmao.... and i had a mechanic friend of my moms look at it (600) and he sayed "new lever" or cut brake cyclender or some **** like that..i was like wtf thats gay, the lever is in perfect spot on my dirtbike, if i can rember correctly i have talked to more than a few people with same model bike that have fuked *** levers... seriously bad positioning, i ride everyday with foot under the lever a few inches!!!i punno about you but when my body andgle is tward the front and the peg to rest foot on is about the same hight as the lever makes it gay as hell, i cant bend my foot that way lmao... i dont think its physcially possible
Old 09-30-2005, 01:01 PM

oh so its too high, thats wierd that you can't adjust it...Stop wiping out on the tt-r, i want one real bad, getting tired of the fiddy. Is that the tt-r in your avatar, you make it look like a fiddy, you must be huge.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ninja63619
if you go past balance point engine braking aint gonna do nothing for you buddy .
you dont know what you are talking about. if you have any gearing you can engine brake off the bar with no clutch or brake easy. all you have to do is wind it out.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:10 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

^he's got a point.. someone doesn't understand EB and BP... it should be able to adjust.. or just move your fvckin leg, i know a kid on a yzf who kills his... stop complainin and rock some ****!
Old 09-30-2005, 04:43 PM
YZF

YZF is an unknown quantity at this point

I stunt a YZF, cover that rear brake !, & if your going to be wheelieing it alot now, then you might want to invest in a cage. I got one fabed up at the local machine shop, after replacing stator & cover=$$$$,
Old 09-30-2005, 04:45 PM
YZF

YZF is an unknown quantity at this point

YZF 600R cage...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2282.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	154038  
Old 09-30-2005, 05:10 PM

Ninja63619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lb3
you dont know what you are talking about. if you have any gearing you can engine brake off the bar with no clutch or brake easy. all you have to do is wind it out.
Ive never been balance Point , but your telling me if your going 75-80 mph on one wheel and you get it high enough that you are behind balance point you can engine brake fast enough to bring it back down , it seems like youd be going fast youd just flip it.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:28 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive never been balance Point , but your telling me if your going 75-80 mph on one wheel and you get it high enough that you are behind balance point you can engine brake fast enough to bring it back down , it seems like youd be going fast youd just flip it.
i can ride for miles like that in n out of b/p and never touch the brake
Old 09-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

oohh jeeze the faster u go the higher the Rpm's are and the higher the rpm's are the more engine brake u have. It's not rocket science. The slower u go the less engine brake u have. Depending on the gearing ur engine brake can pull u right back into the balance point from behind it. But dont get to trusty with doing that until u know u have control of that rear brake. Just in case
Old 09-30-2005, 05:44 PM

Tdeal28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I am sure it is possible if you let off right after you go past balance point and is probably easier if you are geared up, BUT for a begginer they will probably loop the bike. ****, I have looped twice in my life going around 55-60mph....just got the bike up to fast with too much speed and never hit the rear brake so back back and over I went.........
Old 09-30-2005, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by YZF
YZF 600R cage...
nice cage, i do need to get one, ive layed it down a handfull of times and my pick up case thing is about to bite teh dust

Originally Posted by aw0n0
oh so its too high, thats wierd that you can't adjust it...Stop wiping out on the tt-r, i want one real bad, getting tired of the fiddy. Is that the tt-r in your avatar, you make it look like a fiddy, you must be huge.
dude, let me tell u you dont want mine, ive looped it a good dozen times, this last one was a doozy the can is bent out along with pipe about 6 inches away from teh bike and riped teh plasic off, all plasics are rashed to **** and broken, alot of clips are broke, whole thing is zip tied. levers snaped.. etc etc the list of damages goes on and on, just go to a dealership or suttin and get used, its nto even that bad of $ imo
Old 09-30-2005, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lb3
yeah i was bouncing off teh limiter like 12-13k so i had alot of engine brake to get me with the assist
Old 09-30-2005, 06:20 PM

Well i definitely dont want a NEW dirtbike, but yours might be a little too ****ed up, im lookign for something in between, maybe bout a grand, im just gonna lurk around ebay for a while till one comes up in south florida.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Friendly advice: Dont give advice or act like you know what you are talking about when you dont. It gets on peoples nerves.

If you keep with it, you will learn that you will learn the limits where engine braking can and cannot bring you back. When you figure the brake out, you can use it as a safety net to teach you where those limits are.

But yeah, you can go way past the bp and come back using only engine braking, how do you think people used to slow highway wheelies down back in the day before anyone used the brake? How far you can go back before looping all depends on your rpms.