Forearm workout?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 06:12 PM

CBeRR900 is an unknown quantity at this point
Forearm workout?

Can anyone explain to me why Honda added a forearm workout to their clutch setup on my '94 900RR? Squeezing this in order to clutch it up or just riding around for a while actually hurts the wrist. Anyone know anyway to adjust it so it pulls a little easier? Any little bit would help... Thanks...
Old 09-29-2005, 06:36 PM

jeffy0630 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Forearm workout?

should be a screw just up the clip on unscrew that the other way and it will loosen the pull up a lil bit..
Old 09-29-2005, 06:38 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

get a new clutch cable and put graphite in it... that's about it, besides fvckin with clutch plates n ****
Old 09-29-2005, 06:53 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

Try a Raptor lever, and make sure the cable is routed correctly. The 900's cable sometimes gets caught on the lower tripleclamp and it gets kinked.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:20 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

The 900 has one of the softest clutch-ins that i have felt from a big liter bike. Maybe you need to replace that cable.

A msr raptor would make a difference too.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

Raptor clutch or cable lube
Old 09-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by MSE_STUNNERZ
The 900 has one of the softest clutch-ins that i have felt from a big liter bike. Maybe you need to replace that cable.

A msr raptor would make a difference too.
+1 I used to harass my friend by telling him to pull in my clutch because it was so much easier than his Gixxer. New cable and MSR raptor and proper routing will do wonders.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:09 AM

CBeRR900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Best place to get the MSR Raptor? Will it bolt right onto the clip-on in the stock position?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by CBeRR900
Best place to get the MSR Raptor? Will it bolt right onto the clip-on in the stock position?
Anywhere that sells it, yes, but you have to jump the 2 wires that go into the stock clutch.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:53 PM

richierokit is an unknown quantity at this point

Any Tucker Rocky dealer can get the MSR Raptor lever, I would definately check the cable and thta graphite lube is the hot ticket, butter smooth!!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by richierokit
Any Tucker Rocky dealer can get the MSR Raptor lever, I would definately check the cable and thta graphite lube is the hot ticket, butter smooth!!
Yup, just bought one over my lunch break and there was a tucker rocky sticker on it. New style looks way better/stronger than the old style.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:03 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Msr Raptor
Old 09-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a new cable, lubed it and have a first gen raptor lever and its great.

Camo Mike