f2/f3 cage pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 12:46 AM

headache is an unknown quantity at this point
f2/f3 cage pics

hey guys if you have a cage on your f2 or f3 post up some pics. i'm making my own, and want to see what others look like. :YEAH
Old 09-23-2005, 10:24 AM

louisvillerider is a decent person
Re: f2/f3 cage pics

thats my cage on my f3.....some FU@KER on here sold me a cage for it, but it turned out to be a MXD RACE CAGE...who the hell on a stunt website needs a race cage??? so i had to have the rest of it made for me.....came out sweet, and heavier duty than the MXD cages are.....hell after a few falls the MXD race cage part is the only part to bend @ all...they used cheap washers for the cage stops/mounting spots so it bent the washer allowing the cage to get a lil bent out of shape(still works good though, but ill probally have to CUT IT OFF THE BIKE!
Old 09-23-2005, 12:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louisvillerider

thats my cage on my f3.....some FU@KER on here sold me a cage for it, but it turned out to be a MXD RACE CAGE...who the hell on a stunt website needs a race cage??? so i had to have the rest of it made for me.....came out sweet, and heavier duty than the MXD cages are.....hell after a few falls the MXD race cage part is the only part to bend @ all...they used cheap washers for the cage stops/mounting spots so it bent the washer allowing the cage to get a lil bent out of shape(still works good though, but ill probally have to CUT IT OFF THE BIKE!
OK try to realize that you have a poorly designed cage. dont say my product is trash when you arent using it correctly.

i wouldnt copy his design at all. if you want something to not tweak like his cage, you need to have something brace the sliders.

when designing cages, you need to think about where the initial impact will normally hit. you will want something at the lower portion of the bike to take the initial blow, then you want something at the upper half of the bike to take the rest of the impact and prevent it from tipping onto the tank.

for the f2/f3 the mounts are really low, so its hard to stop it from going on to the tank. if you want any tips, send me a pm and i will help you out.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:47 PM

works good acually....just the race cage part bent....other than that it's all good...only fault i seen in the whole setup was the cheap washers (or whatever you used) where the cage bolts onto the motormounts bent....the age didn't bend, but when the washer "PUCKERED" the cage was allowed to bend up....i know the whole cages isn't yours ofcourse...we added to it, but you part of the cage SUCKS maybe i should just buy a whole cage from you, and then i can compare designs.....
Old 09-23-2005, 03:11 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I built this cage myself and it was a tank, tons of drops from 12. Washed out at 40, it took it all no problems. I put bmx pegs on both motor mounts and then welded a bar between. Then welded a piece of larger pipe to the bottom, with a smaller loop that slides into the big pipe and then goes under the bike. The loop has a tube welded to it that mounts to the center stand mount. It was solid as hell.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:34 PM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonnyJ
I built this cage myself and it was a tank, tons of drops from 12. Washed out at 40, it took it all no problems. I put bmx pegs on both motor mounts and then welded a bar between. Then welded a piece of larger pipe to the bottom, with a smaller loop that slides into the big pipe and then goes under the bike. The loop has a tube welded to it that mounts to the center stand mount. It was solid as hell.

thats a really good design for something homemade
Old 09-23-2005, 05:09 PM

+1 i like that design, but looks like you used different mounting spots than i did
Old 09-23-2005, 08:11 PM

fab5fiddy is a decent person

mxd is right about the mounts being low on these bikes. they roll on to the tank real easy unless the sliders are super long. heres a cage i built for these bikes..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F3left.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	153285   Click image for larger version

Name:	F3right.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	153286  
Old 09-24-2005, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by -MXD-
OK try to realize that you have a poorly designed cage. dont say my product is trash when you arent using it correctly.

i thought there was only one way to use a cage.....put it on, and drop your bike , and thats it...you're the guy who is suppusto make the cages hold up....IMO my part held up...yours didn't.....becides the guy asked for pics of our cages....there is my cage, and how i built it...YES i regret using your race cage, so im going to say so...doesn't make your product shitty, and i wasn't bashing it.....if your Suzuki broke down, and you told someone it doesn't mean you don't like suzuki's anymore...
Old 09-24-2005, 12:45 PM

JonnyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought there was only one way to use a cage.....put it on, and drop your bike , and thats it...you're the guy who is suppusto make the cages hold up....IMO my part held up...yours didn't.....becides the guy asked for pics of our cages....there is my cage, and how i built it...YES i regret using your race cage, so im going to say so...doesn't make your product shitty, and i wasn't bashing it.....if your Suzuki broke down, and you told someone it doesn't mean you don't like suzuki's anymore...
Dude his point is that thats not his design, thats your design!!! The street cages aren't ment to be stunted on so obviously they aren't gonna take the beating like his stunt cages do. If you were using his street cage in just a general way as a normal slider, thats what its intended for, and without all that extra crap u put on it i'm sure it would work fine. But to weld your own stuff to in in a design that isn't his and then say it sucks... may thats ur design not his. Your putting the stress on different points than where his design does. Go get a real mxd stunt cage and then if it sucks i'll listen to ya, but ur just lookin like a joke saying "this thing i built out of an mxd slider sucks... and therefore mxd sucks." haha get real!
Old 09-24-2005, 06:34 PM

speed2dirt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonnyJ
ur just lookin like a joke saying "this thing i built out of an mxd slider sucks... and therefore mxd sucks." haha get real!
Amen! That is not a MXD product. That's your own with not much thought put into it. Bash yourself for not thinking out all the stress points first, not MXD.

Jonny, I like the cage design. Looks trick!
Old 09-24-2005, 06:36 PM

WTF are you talking about JohnnyJ??? evedently you can't comprehend ****....the guy asked to see pics of cages...he wants to build one...i built mine out of a race cage, and it didn't work well...thats what i was telling the guy....fu@king listen DUMBA$$ if this guy builds one like i did it's not going to be the best design...GRANTED! there are flaws to all the cages....as you might have read from others on here
Old 09-24-2005, 07:24 PM

Joey D is a decent person

[IMG]hell after a few falls the MXD race cage part is the only part to bend @ all...they used cheap washers for the cage stops/mounting spots so it bent the washer allowing the cage to get a lil bent out of shape(still works good though, but ill probally have to CUT IT OFF THE BIKE!

I think this is what Johnny is referring to... And who gives a *** about a cage bending.. Better than breaking motor mounts..... Why can't people comprehend that cages are not indestructable. They're meant to keep the important parts of your bike from breaking.....
Old 09-25-2005, 03:16 AM

WTF does any of this have to do w/ pics of a cage (atleast i posted pics of my FING cage, and some refrence) post up pics or S.T.F.U (shut the FU@K UP)
Old 09-25-2005, 12:03 PM

Joey D is a decent person

WTF does any of this have to do w/ pics of a cage (atleast i posted pics of my FING cage, and some refrence) post up pics or S.T.F.U (shut the FU@K UP)

You don't comprehend things very well....
Old 09-25-2005, 12:46 PM

EVERYONE knows cages aren't indestructable...who can't comprehend that... but what i was saying was that my design added to the mxd street cage SUCKED (i never said it didn't) however it does still work good, just going to be a bit@h to get off due to it bending @ the mounting spot(cheap *** washer) MXD might use a softer washer for it to bend and not break motor mounts on other bikes, but the F2/F2 has a STEEL FRAME, and not cheap *** aluminum mounts, so if this thread was for another bike, i might not be comprehending, but if you ask me the washers need th be stronger (this is R&D <--research and design at it's best) like many ppl allready know...different cages work better for different bikes (example....Fi cages are sworn by on f4i's and hated by 929/954's) so on the F2/F3 cages id recommend strong washers for the mounting spots (wether MXD believes it or not...wether they do it or not...i could care less) but if youre building a cage for a F2 F3 use the strongest washers you can find, or you'll be bending your cages @ the washer...allowing the slider part to bend upward and not be able to get the cage off w/out cutting it off...
and for the record i comprehend pretty good...ppl just don't want to take advice, and see the flaws in their **** (i know what ill do differently next time around, and i know my cage isn't the best design, so learn from my mistake)...post a video of dropping a cage from a parked 12 is different than dropping it on it's side w/ some momentum behind it...not just falling flat on it's side..drop that bit@h at an angle w/ a lil speed, and see how she holds up
Old 09-25-2005, 12:47 PM

DUMPSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

my 905, jonnyj cage looks good though
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	S4010078.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	153389   Click image for larger version

Name:	kdlfjkjldf.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	153390  
Old 09-25-2005, 12:49 PM

how do you like the 905?? i have a friend who offered to sell me his (after i built mine out of the race cage) i can get it for $150.00
Old 09-25-2005, 01:08 PM

DUMPSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

everybody sayz its hell on your shins but after a day of being on the bike you dont even notice it anymore, my **** went over around 40 something and i was able to ride it home
Old 09-25-2005, 06:52 PM

FerstlerSlim is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the difference between the f2 and f3? Same frame/subframe/forks?

Dave

Quick Reply: f2/f3 cage pics