f4i question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 08:36 AM

Rodyowen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i question

my buddy had the regulator go out on his gixxer. it would still run, but he had to push start it. and all the light and everything would atleast come on. my lights dont come on or anything. its kinda like the key isnt being turned on. i dont know though, we will see tonight.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:56 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

You said you tested the battery right? I assume you tested it with the bike off, were you able to get it started at all again and test it while the bike was running? If not did you try jumping it? See if you can jump or charge the battery and get it started - you need to check the voltage on the battery with the bike running it should be right around 14.8 if its over 15 that means the rectifier is shot ....

btw what you just said was exactly what was happening to my bike .... i still think its a loose wire .... or possible the starter solenoid is loose or grounding out on the frame - just another think to possibly check ...
Old 09-20-2005, 10:20 AM

yeah i checked the battery with the bike off, cant get it started to check it while running. i dont think it will jump since there is no power getting to the key or the start button. im gonna pull the air box tonight and check every connection again too. im gona try a jumper wire to the key first and see if that will work. keep the ideas coming, thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 05:57 PM

ok, i plugged in the guages, and they came on fine. but still wouldnt start. checked the fuel relay, it was fine. checked the engine cut off relay and it got hot instantly. so i ran a wire from the starter relay to the fuel pump, and it started running. so i crossed the starter relay at the same time and the engine turns over, but no fire. so im thinking either the engine cut off relay or the cdi. hoping its only the engine cut off relay. lol let me know what you think. any ideas are helpful. thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 06:12 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by catach42
ive actually seen a wire come off the inside of the on/off switch, same symptoms
where did you see that
Old 09-20-2005, 06:33 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i won't bother reading everyones posts, but sounds like tip over sensor, just loop the 2 outside wires and cut the ***** off...

k now i read some ****, check the harness that runs to the headlight, i had the same problem with mine, it was i think the orange/redish wire wasn't connecting, a harness kind of friend, get a test light and see where power is going to and where it isn't, check both sides of the harness and tell us what u find
Old 09-20-2005, 08:48 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Ho_Hey is a decent person

Check this web site out www.stephygee.com

Download dealers service manual for the free!!!! for your F4i maybe it will help you in the long run :YEAH
Old 10-18-2005, 09:57 AM

woo hoo, finally got that biotch running last night. so today im gonna finish takin all the plastics off and get back to tearin some shat up. thanks for the advice guys i appreciate it.