loops?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 02:53 PM

Maciek_Spidi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: loops?

I looped month ago...
I was doing one handed fast wheelie(about 60) without rear brake covered and I gone litle to far behind BP, then I hit tail(without bar) and after that I felt of the bike(I was holding one hand on the bar all the time)...
Looping sux. But I learned before all the basic whellie tricks without looping and without covering rear break(yeah.. I know- squid...).
Old 09-12-2005, 03:32 PM

Tdeal28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I have never looped yet going really slow. Both of my loops have been in 2nd gear around 45-60mph. For some reason the bike just came up to freakin fast and I went right through BP.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:37 PM

CHAO5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Twice.. once on my first time on a dirtbike ever.... dumped the clutch and a fistfull of throttle. It was pretty funny. Second on the Gixxer.. I was new and inexperienced with a -1 +18 gear ratio. Clutched it up from a dead stop and chopped the throttle while I was in the air... crash smash crash flip etc. Not as funny as the dirtbike one, but still kinda funny.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:43 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

I did two backwards loops off the little RM65 (2 stroke craziness). first gear handful of slutch dump and it literally shot across the yard. and 2nd gear ppppp-power whoolie and I didn't get to the brake in time.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:24 PM

richierokit is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, young man heres the skinny! If you learn the rear brake you can reduce your chances of loping by like 80%. If you take your time and slowly find your way to being comfy at the balance point, you can reduce your chances another 19%. Heres the problem, no matter how good you are, there is always a chance you could loop the bike, lets face it, **** HAPPENS!!!! :YEAH I was always the type to learn a little slower and fall off a little less, however, some are more inclined to pull the speedy gonzalas, and learn everything in a week, fallinf like a 1000000 times in the process! the bottom line, if your scared to fall, take up underwater basket weaving. If your not, stay within your abilities, and push the limit a little bit each time you ride. in the end you will get better! and remember, practice, practice practice!!!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 07:16 PM

jg101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richierokit
Well, young man heres the skinny! If you learn the rear brake you can reduce your chances of loping by like 80%. If you take your time and slowly find your way to being comfy at the balance point, you can reduce your chances another 19%. Heres the problem, no matter how good you are, there is always a chance you could loop the bike, lets face it, **** HAPPENS!!!! :YEAH I was always the type to learn a little slower and fall off a little less, however, some are more inclined to pull the speedy gonzalas, and learn everything in a week, fallinf like a 1000000 times in the process! the bottom line, if your scared to fall, take up underwater basket weaving. If your not, stay within your abilities, and push the limit a little bit each time you ride. in the end you will get better! and remember, practice, practice practice!!!!!
well i not scared to fall i am scared for my bike to fall , so dam $$$!! to fix. ive looped before when i was 2 weeks on on my first bike ever haha, idiot. costed me 2800 to fix it only costed me a bandaid. it just seem so hard to get to right know ill just keep takin my time.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:57 PM

Tdeal28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jg101
well i not scared to fall i am scared for my bike to fall , so dam $$$!! to fix. ive looped before when i was 2 weeks on on my first bike ever haha, idiot. costed me 2800 to fix it only costed me a bandaid. it just seem so hard to get to right know ill just keep takin my time.

It is possible to learn without looping but, more than likely you will loop again sometime. Why dont' you just take off the plastics while you are learning? Then if it does fall you can just pick up some odds and ends to fix it of ebay or something.