question on exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 11:40 PM

johnnyrotten is an unknown quantity at this point
question on exhaust

Why the **** do ppl take there exhaust and cut it down just too weld it together? I did my d&d and i didnt weld it i just drilled holes and pop riveted it back on and it dont look like ****, just wondering why the hell youd weld it where pop rivets used to be and make it look like you need a tetnis shot to ride the ****ing thing? Are ppl just lazy or what? Sure its gonna get ****ed up but when you rip the **** outta it at least you can buy a new outter can shell with the rivets but if you weld it your ****ed? I know its for stunting and all but i take pride in my ride as do others i know but some ppl just dont care or havent thought of this or wtf?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:01 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: question on exhaust

welding is fun
Old 09-09-2005, 05:22 AM

ya it is fun , however go spend 10 bucks and buy some metal and weld a cage . Just personal prefrence i guess.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:36 AM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

think about it whats gonna give first a weld or pop rivets
Old 09-09-2005, 06:54 AM

i ve never had the rivets rip and ive dented the **** outta my pipe, like i said i guess its a prefrence thing i like the clean look not the dumpster look, if i wanted a dumpster id buy a 1965 triumph.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:56 AM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

and cover it with fur?
Old 09-09-2005, 02:49 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Who Cares What A Stuntbike Looks Like!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 02:52 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

yeah, it also ain't cool if you hit a 12 and the pipe hits just before the bar, so you fall over.
there's a reason people do it
Old 09-09-2005, 02:54 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Been There.hit The Pipe And Make That ***** Spin Around On Ya
Old 09-09-2005, 03:35 PM

1 st i know why its shortend , dun da dun, read the post *** wipes, it dont matter if its welded or riveted it still aint gonna effect the pipr hitting the ground if youve shortend it. Do any of you ppl read the post or just go gee iam a fu king we tard watch this dun da dun. And yes id cover the triumph with fur,lol, as for looks like ive said i guess its just a prefrence thing some ppl dont care some do, and others cant read the forum worth a ****. John
Old 09-09-2005, 03:50 PM
EAC
StuntGarbage.com

EAC is a decent person

Originally Posted by johnnyrotten
Why the **** do ppl take there exhaust and cut it down just too weld it together? I did my d&d and i didnt weld it i just drilled holes and pop riveted it back on and it dont look like ****, just wondering why the hell youd weld it where pop rivets used to be and make it look like you need a tetnis shot to ride the ****ing thing? Are ppl just lazy or what? Sure its gonna get ****ed up but when you rip the **** outta it at least you can buy a new outter can shell with the rivets but if you weld it your ****ed? I know its for stunting and all but i take pride in my ride as do others i know but some ppl just dont care or havent thought of this or wtf?
Some stock pipes are already welded together, so if you cut them down there isn't a larger end cap to go over the can to rivet it back on. Stock F4i cans are like this and I'm sure there are probably others. In those cases, welding it back on like it was originally is probably the best option. Most after market pipes are riveted together, so, like you said, I don't know why you would want to weld it back on rather than just use some pop rivets.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:24 PM

Thank you EAC that is the point factory yes aftermarkt no. Iam glad someone on here can read and comprehende what i was trying to address, John.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:41 AM

broncopete27 is an unknown quantity at this point

you dont want a "dumpster ride" but acording to your info under your name you ride a 95 zx7r haha...maybe someday you can trade up to an f3, thad be somethin you could really "take pride in"....asking a question that has an ovious answer is bad enuff, tryin to be a stuntlife.com badass is even worse dude
Old 09-10-2005, 01:02 AM

wow the term bad *** , meaning someone threatining harm to another mean violent. No where was i a "bad ***" and as for a f 3 iam good. I like my zx 7r more than you ever liked reading writting or comprehending the english language. you call me a bad *** because i called you on your idiocracy, i never said why do you shorten the pipe what is the reason i wanted to know why they welded them, however as in every other post on stunt life some *** pirate,you, has to start the name calling and bull ****. And if i wanted to ride a dumpster id slap your dad **** your mom and sister and break a broom handle off in your ***. Now thats Bad ***,moron, you come on here running your mouth like all the internet jockeys but do you really know me? No so why dont you blow me and then will talk all nice and sweet candy *** ******. :YEAH
Old 09-10-2005, 01:17 AM

..thanks for proving my point..
Old 09-10-2005, 02:44 AM

thanks for the lovely pm "i care not if i proved your point i never said nothing to be a bad *** and then you chimmed in like some ***** looking for attention how bout you give me your address and when i head up to michigan ill pay your slimmy little withering girly *** a visit so you can see what a bad *** i reall am not just some type jockey like you, mommy and daddy dont pay for my **** and after 6 years in a prison **** you you litttle ***** ill see ya i hope"

maybe if you come to see me I can show you how i rivited my yosh back togeather on my 6...by the i will have the seams welded, sanded and polished so it looks like a factory yosh shorty..its all i can do for your long drive from colorado to show me how bad you are...