quick question on standups

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 03:12 AM

Willybeen is an unknown quantity at this point
quick question on standups

i have to make this quick, cuz its close to bed time, but... i can ride a wheelie for miles with a staggered stance now, but for some reason when i just do a normal standup i feel so out of balance, i just started trying to learn brake control, and if i try to just stay away from the balancing point with a normal stance... boring power wheelies arent a problem...

is there anything im doing wrong you think? anybody else have this problem...?

sorry if this is the umpteenth post about this, but i was just thinking about it and got a little frustrated...

thanks
Old 09-08-2005, 10:33 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: quick question on standups

You mean both feet on the front pegs? there are 2 ways to do it. Either keep your arms and legs locked straight, or pull yourself in close to the tank. I prefer keeping them straight but it wears out your arms alot faster.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:46 AM

jeffy0630 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just move your body either closer or farther away untill you find your point where your most comfortable and you will evuentally feel a lot more balanced...Also it takes pratice dont expect to just go out and be nailin them the first day.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:37 AM

Willybeen is an unknown quantity at this point

ill go out this weekend and continue to practice them... they just feel awkward..... everytime i go out, with the objective of working on them there are police everywhere... and i really dont need another ticket......... any other tips??

thanks