dealership f'd up fork seal job

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
dealership f'd up fork seal job

2 weeks ago I take forks in to get new seals and oil. I finally got them back on the bike today, go for a short ride. I seem to lose all front brakes, why? because theres fork oil pouring all over the place. The right side fork just fell apart, check out the pic.

And it figures this is a holiday weekend with 75 degrees and sunny all weekend. I'm pissed.

I may have my 600 sold and don't wanna ride it just because with my luck so far today who knows what will happen
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0017.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	151473  
Old 09-03-2005, 02:45 PM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person
Re: dealership f'd up fork seal job

take it back to the dealer ship and raise hell!!!! you could have been hurt because of improper workmanship
Old 09-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gixxer_R.i.F.
take it back to the dealer ship and raise hell!!!! you could have been hurt because of improper workmanship
I'll be there before they open tuesday morning waiting for them to arrive. Hope they have a good weekend because I'm gonna ruin their day tuesday. **** wasn't cheap to get done, and I had to wait almost 3 weeks for them beucase they had mechanics quit on em.

Their lucky the place is closed today otherwise nobody would be going home till my forks got put back together correctly
Old 09-03-2005, 02:55 PM

El_Diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

that really sux

whats the place called? wanna make a note not to go there when i move to PA
Old 09-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Mof Diver

Sanders....its in New Castle, PA
Old 09-03-2005, 03:00 PM

El_Diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah my dad used to live in new castle (just moved to pittsburgh)

thanx
Old 09-03-2005, 03:34 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Looks like the retaining ring wasnt installed properly! That sucks they should owe you new brake pads now aswell as fixing the fork.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Mof Diver

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Looks like the retaining ring wasnt installed properly! That sucks they should owe you new brake pads now aswell as fixing the fork.
I need new brake pads, but I doubt there gonna give em to me. The forks picked up from them thursday and put on today. No wheelies or anything just regular riding and they came apart like that.

Besides the fork seals, the 03 1000 is a monster.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:15 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know where these dealers find mechanics at but i hear n see this **** all the time i work on my own stuff or have someone i know work on it...
Old 09-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Mof Diver

Originally Posted by sprocketz
i dont know where these dealers find mechanics at but i hear n see this **** all the time i work on my own stuff or have someone i know work on it...
I have terrible luck with taking my stuff to dealers and "smaller shops". I try to do most things myself but some things I don't have tools for.

1st time, took bike (98 gsxr 600) in for valve adjustment. 2 weeks later POP. ****er blew up, place wouldn't do anything about it. Had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to sale it to him cheap since it was blown up.

DISTEFANO'S MOTORCYCLE REPAIR stay away from there.

2nd time, this time. Forks not done right.
Sanders in New Castle, stay away from them too.

My friends have gone to Sanders/ bought bikes from them so I gave them a try. Mostly older gentleman as mechanics so you'd figure thye know their stuff. The old fart I got to do my forks obviously did something wrong.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:42 PM

Trike250cc is a decent person

i would def not go back but everyone makes mistakes u mean to tell me when u work on your stuff u NEVER did anything wrong?
Old 09-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Ninja

sixshooter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trike250cc
i would def not go back but everyone makes mistakes u mean to tell me when u work on your stuff u NEVER did anything wrong?

Thats the whole point, hes not a trained mechanic, they are. He could have had a pretty bad accident if he didn`t see it in time. Like I said on the phone, they should owe you new brakes and a new tire, I wouldn`t wanna ride on something thats been soaked in fork oil.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Mof Diver

I take my stuff in when I can't do it and it requires someone with more experience and tools to do it right. When I'm paying $75/hr for labor + cost of parts I expect the job to get done right the first time. Not only that but it takes an hour each way to get to the shop.

I understand ppl screw up, thats why you got to check over your work. I'm not sure why this came apart, but maybe if they woulda tighten something down one last time or compressed the forks a few times they would have saw it wasn't together right.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:50 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont get on my bike till its right....

my buddy had a oil change done at pcp yamaha drain plug came out on the way home

other buddy had a rim put on at good times kawasaki, rotor bolts came loose n hit the swing arm locking up the rear tire

other buddy takes his 04 gix in for warranty hears eng noise they say its fine a week later it blows n give him a hard time about the warranty

i can go on
Old 09-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

**** the stealer ships they never do anything right.

fork seals are relitivly easy to do.

now your bikes gonna be gone for the rest of the summer being re-fixed.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:03 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

hey sprocketz u live in sac huh, well dont go to SHITville cycle in roseville. they rob ur money n hike up prices, plus there lil **** ****s behind the counter. my boy took his 05 gsx 1k for his 600 mile service, they did the **** 3 weeks later he turns 3000 miles and his clutch is gone, not too many wheelies just some freeway fun. they did nothing about it but say "its like a break pad not a warranty item" (we then find out they mis adjusted the clutch to it was draggin lightly) f*ckers. only decent shop in sac so far is APEX in roseville, cheap and good work...until they **** up and get on the **** list

o yea Ray at cycle gear is pretty chill holla at him if u need ****
Old 09-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Mof Diver

Originally Posted by LSR Manubi
**** the stealer ships they never do anything right.

fork seals are relitivly easy to do.

now your bikes gonna be gone for the rest of the summer being re-fixed.

I'll see tuesday what their gonna do about it. Hopefully they honor their work and fix it the same day or at least within a few days.

I took the forks off the bike the first time. This time their gettin it all together.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:17 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

one reason could be too much oil in the fork. When you hit a pump the hydro will press the seals out. put probably the circle clip wasn't installed
properly.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:04 AM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mofat01
I'll see tuesday what their gonna do about it. Hopefully they honor their work and fix it the same day or at least within a few days.

I took the forks off the bike the first time. This time their gettin it all together.

good luck.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:21 AM

johnnyrotten is an unknown quantity at this point

fork seals aint too bad to do you just need some snap ring pliers and your set, costs like 20.00 to 30.00 depending on what you get for pliers. And a measusing cup to add the right amount of oil. Thats a bumber id go **** on there door step and leave the bike chained to the door so tuesday they can see it and realize there work is ****.

Quick Reply: dealership f'd up fork seal job