dealership f'd up fork seal job

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 09:00 AM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: dealership f'd up fork seal job

Originally Posted by johnnyrotten
fork seals aint too bad to do you just need some snap ring pliers and your set, costs like 20.00 to 30.00 depending on what you get for pliers. And a measusing cup to add the right amount of oil. Thats a bumber id go **** on there door step and leave the bike chained to the door so tuesday they can see it and realize there work is ****.
what do you need snap ring pliers for?
Old 09-04-2005, 05:35 PM

johnnyrotten is an unknown quantity at this point

well on my bike it has the ring inside that holds the seal and it has 2 little eyelets. the circle clip. same way with my freinds shadow. just easier to remove for me.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mofat01
I need new brake pads, but I doubt there gonna give em to me. The forks picked up from them thursday and put on today. No wheelies or anything just regular riding and they came apart like that.

Besides the fork seals, the 03 1000 is a monster.
**** that man.. they didnt put your **** together right. There is no way that can happen unless you dont drive the forkseal all the way down and put the snap ring in there correctly.

They owe you new seals, new pads, new front tire and new rotors if they got fork oil on them. If you get fork oil all over the rotors like that they are ****ed. They will still work but they will never have the right feel to them again.

I have a friend up here that took his bike to a bullshit shop the other day to replace the battery and they didnt put a sealed battery in it and it exploded. They wanted to just give him a refund on the battery. After I made a few phonecalls for him they are going to total out the bike (well.. pay him market value for it) because acid got all over the frame, subframe, swingarm, rear wheel, tank and tail plastic. Dont back down.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lb3
**** that man.. they didnt put your **** together right. There is no way that can happen unless you dont drive the forkseal all the way down and put the snap ring in there correctly.

They owe you new seals, new pads, new front tire and new rotors if they got fork oil on them. If you get fork oil all over the rotors like that they are ****ed. They will still work but they will never have the right feel to them again.

I have a friend up here that took his bike to a bullshit shop the other day to replace the battery and they didnt put a sealed battery in it and it exploded. They wanted to just give him a refund on the battery. After I made a few phonecalls for him they are going to total out the bike (well.. pay him market value for it) because acid got all over the frame, subframe, swingarm, rear wheel, tank and tail plastic. Dont back down.

I'm going to try and get anything I can out of them hopefully get new pads and a tire along with fixing the forks. I just got a brand new pilot front tire on and its soaked in oil now. I'll let you guys know tuesday how I make out.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:41 AM

zrex is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Im a bike mech. and the mech. who worked on your bike DEF. ****ED UP. the snap ring was NOT PUT IN CORRECTLY (not seated in the groove completely)
2. hope they take care of ya. you should get the forks fixed,new pads and a new tire but as for getting disc/rotors theres no reason behind that. they DO NOT SOAK UP THE OIL and brake cleaner will clean them off to be just like new.
sorry ya had a bad experience. thats the main reason im trying to get my own business going out of my garage. i can take my time and do it RIGHT for less money (25hr right now)
good luck
Old 09-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

the rotors might be okay since you havent been riding around with the pads soaked in fork oil.. If you ride around with pads that have fork oil on them, IT WILL **** UP THE ROTORS.. lol.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lb3
the rotors might be okay since you havent been riding around with the pads soaked in fork oil.. If you ride around with pads that have fork oil on them, IT WILL **** UP THE ROTORS.. lol.

9:30 tuesday morning.....its on. Hopefully I'll be replying back with good info. If not I'm prolly in jail for tryin to steal forks off one of their bikes.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Mof Diver

I got the bike back the day after they took it in.

Wouldn't do anything but clean everything off and fix the fork. **** em, at least they fixed it in a day and cleaned the oil off.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Ninja

sixshooter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mofat01

Wouldn't do anything but clean everything off and fix the fork

**** that, call the BBB.

I`m sick of people not doing their job right and never having to deal with the consenquences (sp). You paid to have a professional work on your bike, he should have did a professional job the first time, not one that could have had your *** hurt/killed if you hadn`t noticed it in time.

/rant
Old 09-10-2005, 10:38 PM

Metzzen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree. call BBB, or cal marvin zinler haha, they shoulhd be buyin you new pads and a front tire. **** if it were me i would make them throw in a new rear while they were at it.