Help with bleeding handbrake....

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 01:00 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough
Help with bleeding handbrake....

I've got the single rear caliper with the handbrake ran through the rear master. Thought I bled it out enough and took it out tonight to try it. I even used a hand bleeder to get the air out of the system. Seemed like I had to mash it with my whole hand to just get it to catch. Foot pedal seemed fine, but the handbrake had no pressure. Any ideas?

I've got the GP Tech fitting for the rear master. Could air possible suck in from there or what? Please help, I was all pumped about getting this damn thing and now I can't even use it. Any advise would be appreciated.

Oh yea, this is on an '01 F4i with a 929 hand master.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:28 AM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help with bleeding handbrake....

Before u connect the line to the Gp fitting pump the HB till fluid comes all the way through the line. then connect it. I bled it from every banjo, starting at the front master, then the fitting. then i did the rear caliper line where it connects to the rear master. but DO NOT pump the rear footbrake. Bleed all those with the HB lever only.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:42 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Okay, did that and I've got a little pressure through the system. It still feels pretty spongy though. Instead of a one or two finger feel, its more like a full fist. Been freaken bleeding the **** outta the system and it doesn't seem like I'm getting anywhere .

How long does it usually take to get the air outta the system? I've heard it takes forever, but holy ****. Not sure if its sucking air or if it just takes that long.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

On mine i held the foot brake down while i pumped the handbrake to build pressure. then i bled it at the adapter while still holding the foot down. then i held the hand brake in while i pumped the foot and then bled at the banjo on the handbrake. after that i pumped only the handbrake and bled it on the caliper.

This worked for me and it always feels right, never spongy on the the first pull.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:22 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point

not insulting your intelligence, but are you sure you have it all hooked up right?? line going from the front resevoir to the top of the gp tech fitting, then the line from the rear master cylinder to the rear caliper? again, just makin sure. mine wasnt hard to bleed at all.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person

damn ronnie, talk about a hit below the belt. j/k. borne make sure the oring that goes in the rear master is good, i geuss some people have problems with them, and you might need to put a hose clamp around the line and the rear master, i gotta do just in case, but i will post up some pics as soon as i can take some.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:08 PM

Yeah, everything is hooked up right. Looks like the GP tech fitting was getting pushed out and sucking air. Little JB weld and we'll see if it works.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:53 AM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point

bleed the 929 mastercylinder hand part right side up first, then flip it upside down and position it how you want it without flipping the resivor upside down.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:09 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

jb weld.....just get a hose clamp and tighten the hell outof it....
Old 09-08-2005, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by jowalskiMO
jb weld.....just get a hose clamp and tighten the hell outof it....

Yeah, JB weld definitely didn't hold up. Just gonna get the biatch welded for real.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:04 PM

Fawk yeah. :YEAH

Got it welded today and was rockin it out tonight. Still a little spongy, but with a little more bleeding I thing it'll be perfect.