929 flapper/exhaust valve shit removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:12 PM

gixxercamaro is an unknown quantity at this point
929 flapper/exhaust valve **** removal

Anyone know how to take out the vavle **** in the exhaust, and airbox?, and is it worth it? Sumone said it makes it smoother is that true?
Old 09-01-2005, 11:22 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: 929 flapper/exhaust valve **** removal

i would also like to know
Old 09-02-2005, 12:10 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

i pulled all that crap out a while ago and it runs fine...
Old 09-02-2005, 01:00 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

but is there a gain to it? or just to take **** apart?
Old 09-02-2005, 01:07 PM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

engine brake goes out the window when you take it out
Old 09-02-2005, 01:18 PM
B.T.M.

so that's a no no,,,... any tips for droppin my motor? need to do that this weekend, got the cage, plastics, exhaust and radiator off so far... tell me there is a trick to make it easy?
Old 09-02-2005, 02:13 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
so that's a no no,,,... any tips for droppin my motor? need to do that this weekend, got the cage, plastics, exhaust and radiator off so far... tell me there is a trick to make it easy?
What's up dog
I got the manual on CD if you need it. I just dropped a GSXr 600 motor last month and it was hella easy. I just followed the manual and dropped it in 3hours. Now I could do it in two maybe less. Just zip tie and label wires and your fine. The gsxr wires were easy cause the connectors colors matched each other and were a certain length so messing up would be hard. I can burn a copy for you and mail it or just scan certain parts and send them to you. I dont check email everyday so if you need it asap, after today (4pm), give me a call. 916-425-4255 Alex
PS clean your in box,your ***** full!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:15 PM
B.T.M.

what up alex! i can tear apart car motors just fine, hope it'll be the same with this one... i dunno what the manual could tell me, it seems simple enough, once i unplug all the cables and wires, just undo the motor mount bolts and swingarm moutsn.. actually wondering if i could leave the swingarm connected and tip the motor forward and swivel it down just to get the head off?
Old 09-02-2005, 02:20 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

what up alex! i can tear apart car motors just fine, hope it'll be the same with this one... i dunno what the manual could tell me, it seems simple enough, once i unplug all the cables and wires, just undo the motor mount bolts and swingarm moutsn.. actually wondering if i could leave the swingarm connected and tip the motor forward and swivel it down just to get the head off?
Yeah I dont see why not, should be all the same. I can look into the manual tonight and see if anything is different or wierd. good luck. What happened??
Old 09-02-2005, 02:22 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

gsxr had two lower mounts and three upper. after that is was simple. I was shocked at how simple it was.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:55 PM
B.T.M.

i actually blew a sparkplug out of the head! which sucks.. and there is a cross bar above the motor so i have to drop it to get a look at it and helicoil it.. should be tons o fun!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:04 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

i actually blew a sparkplug out of the head! which sucks.. and there is a cross bar above the motor so i have to drop it to get a look at it and helicoil it.. should be tons o fun!
**** that! just remove the valve cover and you should have plenty of room, depending on which one. The end spark plug holes are a little hard to get to and place in a helicoil might be hard. But if its in the middle you might have room.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:20 PM
B.T.M.

not with the cross bar, it sucks, only way to do it, plus i gotta take the head off to prevent metal shavings in the cylinder
Old 09-02-2005, 03:43 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

not with the cross bar, it sucks, only way to do it, plus i gotta take the head off to prevent metal shavings in the cylinder
DAmn!! Well let me know if you want the manual or some info from it.
alex
Old 09-02-2005, 03:57 PM
B.T.M.

thanks homeboy... i'm goin to palm springs on the 14-17th for a work seminar... eventually i'll come up to sac town again
Old 09-03-2005, 02:37 PM

gixxercamaro is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn bastardizers, doesnt sumeone have sum info?
Old 09-03-2005, 03:38 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gixxercamaro
Anyone know how to take out the vavle **** in the exhaust, and airbox?, and is it worth it? Sumone said it makes it smoother is that true?

Don't even mess with it. Get used to it. Not sure what exactly will happen that would be bad, but myself and ryan from street styles haven't removed ours.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:55 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I dont know about any major gains--but I do know the ram air is pretty much useless when wheelieing so why have a flap in the airbox? I guess I just thought of it as having a more "free-flowing" intake/exhaust--but like I said earlier, my 929 runs nice and smooth with it all out. I also canned the garbage power commander I had in it.

-Alvin
Old 09-04-2005, 02:37 AM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

one of our boyz had it out.

for hp reasons.

it did increase the hp.

but made the hp curve real jumpy.

wich in turn makes the bike more jumpy.

hp with power comander made 144 h.p. and 71 torque. but a wacky power curve.

knock it off and leave that **** in.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:22 AM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point

IF its just the cross member in the way just take the upper mounts and the upper rear mounts (leave the swingarm maounts) and simply lift the body(frame and all) off the motor, 929/954's are cool like that.

Quick Reply: 929 flapper/exhaust valve shit removal