929 flapper/exhaust valve shit removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 01:24 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 929 flapper/exhaust valve **** removal

Back to the 929 Servo valve inside the exhaust. It reduces choke first off.... thats all part of emissions bs that helps the bike run smoother and start nicer. Downfall to 929s/954s are their idles are realllllllllly jacked up. Ever tried to crank up your idle on a 929/954 to about 3k and have it stay at 3k? Won't happen, its all vacuum controlled... you crank it up to 3k and then rev it once and now its reving around 5k. So what you do is take out the servo motor and remove the main cables running to it. Get a piece of sheet metal, cut out a plate the same size as the old servo motor and block it all of using honda bond and the original servo cap. Then, go up into your airbox. Remove that retarded flap dealy, this too helps with cold start up, emissions and all that other bs. Get a manual idle cable (my friend used a honda F2 cable, works like a champ). Run that cable directly to your middle injector, that has the idle adjuster on it. Run the cable up under your tank and dump the **** out right next to your upper bolt mounts on your gas tank.

This does make the hp curve a bit choppy, but it makes your idle 100% smoother. Believe me, its nice when you are up in a wheelie rockin idle and you don't have to worry about your idle jumping around according to throttle position. Ask Zackie Chan more about it, I'm sure he's got pictures somewhere to. If not, I can take pictures of my friends bike. Hope this helps!
Old 09-04-2005, 03:56 PM

jerr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

u dont even need to make a cover just use the old one but when u take the valve off just put a nut and bolt through it w/washers on both sides to fill the old hole where the valve went through. good to go. no more feeling like its gonna stall for that second when you slow down the wheelie. nice and smooth. takes half hour at max to do
Old 09-04-2005, 05:59 PM

DECEPTICON13 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. just take the cables and flapper **** out. u have to leave the servo plugged into the harness for the bike to run i think. now move the valve all the open on the exhaust, u have to make a little bracket to hold it open because it will close on you the second air goes thru there, i dont why.

mike just debolt the engine/swingarm from the frame an forks. its an easier way to get to the head. have fun with the helicoil bullshit, i just bought anew motor cause that happened to me.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:12 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

yeah it was easy to take off, just lifted the frame off of the motor n swingarm, god the head off and taken apart, just need to get a helicoil, and since the ****in holiday i have to wait till tuesday