How to get a practice spot???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:25 PM

F4iON1 is an unknown quantity at this point
How to get a practice spot???

Me and my buddies have just started stunting. We are in need of a good practice spot. I've rode around and found a few places that would work. Mostly shipping parking lots of a couple warehouses around here. I want to get their permission before we use it, that way I'll have something if the cops roll up. How did you all go about getting the permission?? Letter, Phone Call, went up there?. Because every way I think to do it seems too easy and logical for them to say no. Any tips before I try to talk to any of them??
Old 08-31-2005, 12:30 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How to get a practice spot???

Chances are they are gonna say no, if it's not a posted lot, you are better off just riding it when noone's there. If you call and they say no, then it's trespassing....if it's not posted, you can atleast ride it one time, then get hassled, and have it off limits from there......
Old 08-31-2005, 12:51 PM

cool, at least I'll get a couple times maybe.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:43 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Good Luck Getting Permission,tried That Route Before.they Always Say No.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:41 AM
JB

JB is an unknown quantity at this point

a friend of mine just went to every car park he could find that u could stunt in and asked every single one until finally one of them said yes. was all good for a few months until the guy got some containers put in there and had to see his soliciter bout liability for customers driving round them and mentiond us using it on sundays and that was the end of it. fkn lawyers. what do u call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the sea??? a good start stoopid j/k but thought i would share it anyway. now i just ride until they kick me out.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:48 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

It helps them to say "yes" if you offer to write out, and have everyone riding sign...a waver saying they will not sue, and the owner/operator of said property is in NO WAY liable for injury (to yourselves) caused by what you're doing.

It shows that you've thought this out, and also are making sure they get into zero trouble if you crash on their property...which is literally 90% of their concerns.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:35 AM

Yeah, I had thought about the waiver thing. I guess I could type something up. b/c I don't feel like paying a lawyer
Old 09-01-2005, 12:14 PM

felonyfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

dude people are ****s, weve been through all types of ****, even had written permision and they told us we couldnt ride there like 2 weeks later, just ride where you want when no ones there, and if someone comes just nod you head and keep ridin
Old 09-01-2005, 12:55 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

alot of times a waiver means absolutely nothing in court anyways, even when drawn up by a lawyer and noted. Plus presenting a waiver to a business owner will prolly make them worry more, since you felt you had to bring a waiver with you to ask for permission. Kill the burnouts in the lot and keep it quiet, then you will have less problems....don't ask for permission, but if asked to leave do it politely and quietly and find another spot!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 01:47 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

what if the cops roll in while your stunting--they shut us down last night--threatened to give me a reckless driving and impound my bike...i want persmission from someone damnit
Old 09-01-2005, 02:16 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Yea,just Kill The Lots At Night,and No Burnouts.we've Been Riding This One Lot For About 3 Months Now With No Problems........yet.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:53 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

we were'nt doing any burnouts and it was at midnight--cops can just roll in whenever they want and *** you...
Old 09-01-2005, 09:50 PM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pretty sure that they have no jurisdiction on private property when it comes to stunting on it, so if he's threatening to right you a ticket he's probably bluffing. I was in the same position as you after my buddy got arrested after he came back to a spot they kicked us out of, the cops around here are ****s. Out here spots usually get ****ed up because dumbass's come out and do burnouts and people see the marks and complain. I ended up and just going out and finding a new spot, use your head and look around it's not hard, i found the new one in about 30 minutes, and it's half the distance from my house as the old one. Don't tell anyone that'll bring other people back or do burnout because it will get ****ed up. Only two of my friends know about it and we haven't be hastled once in the two months we've been going there.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:44 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Armenian
what if the cops roll in while your stunting--they shut us down last night--threatened to give me a reckless driving and impound my bike...i want persmission from someone damnit
keep in mind pigs are usually lazy unless they are on a personal mission against stunters....<---not as many as you think!!!! More than likely someone called you guys in, based on noise, or your headlights or somin, otherwise they would rather side on a shoulder and do nothing
Old 09-01-2005, 10:55 PM

929_uR is a decent person

We Want Legal Spots.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:53 PM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lotensin22
It helps them to say "yes" if you offer to write out, and have everyone riding sign...a waver saying they will not sue, and the owner/operator of said property is in NO WAY liable for injury (to yourselves) caused by what you're doing.

It shows that you've thought this out, and also are making sure they get into zero trouble if you crash on their property...which is literally 90% of their concerns.
The thing is that most any waiver is worthless in court if the right lawyer knows how to get around them, and you know lawyers....
A waiver is more of a sign of good faith than an actual document that protects someone....at least in regards to the type of waivers we are talking about.
The other thing is you can sign a waiver but that doesn't cover a 3rd party from going after a property owner and most people know that....this means if I wreck and break my neck and I am paralized, even if I signed a waiver and it could hold up....my wife or mom or whoever could still sue and since they didn't waive their rights. Crazy huh? Not that it is a common thing, but it could happen and people looking to cover their *** and their assets, know this.

Originally Posted by truestunna
I'm pretty sure that they have no jurisdiction on private property when it comes to stunting on it, so if he's threatening to right you a ticket he's probably bluffing.
Actually even on private property like an industrail parking lot, unless YOU own the private property, you can still be given tickets for things like reckless driving and stuff like that. Sucks, but it's true. Most cops aren't going to go to that length to bust your chops, but there are definetly the few that will.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:28 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

The waiver thing is a suggestion...one you could offer if the person seems iffy. I didn't say anything about running up with one and dropping it first thing.

And about private property...yes, the cops can nail you. I got busted a while ago doing wheelies in a parking lot at 2 am...damn cop literally said to me, "too bad you're on private property, there's only two tickets I can give you...DUI or wreckless driving/endangerment. Which one you want?" Luckily, he let me go with nothing.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:36 AM

jonld2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know what state you guys are in but around here cops cant do **** on private property, unless the owner is there to press some charge. The only thing they can do is tell you to leave. Reckless driving only holds up on public roads, because you are endangering other drivers but in a private parking lot the police have absolutely no jurisdiction unless given to them by the owner no longer making it a "Private" parking lot.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:54 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Just pay off a security guard and stop wasting time in shitty lots
Old 09-02-2005, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by jonld2
I dont know what state you guys are in but around here cops cant do **** on private property, unless the owner is there to press some charge. The only thing they can do is tell you to leave. Reckless driving only holds up on public roads, because you are endangering other drivers but in a private parking lot the police have absolutely no jurisdiction unless given to them by the owner no longer making it a "Private" parking lot.
Not buyin' it man--is that your assumption or did the head of police from your town say that? Cops can do what they want thats the bottom line--jurisdiction is all crap--if they suspect anything they can investigate. Can you get this in writing from the police in your town? They'll laugh at you...be real man....I used to be like you and thought nobody would *** with us in the lots but when you get busted by one ***** cop someday don't say I did'nt tell you so!

Quick Reply: How to get a practice spot???