engine break question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:38 PM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point
engine break question...

i was wondering on a sportbike is the rear break nessasry for regular stand ups and sit downs? cause ive never hit teh bp on my sportbike just on the dirtbike, im geting pretty comfy on the dirtbike, and the rear break on my sportbike is in a uncomfortable possition to cover, so i was wondering if it was at all nessasary for under bp and at bp ****? cause if you go over the bp on a sport bike and let off i dont know how strong the engine break is to know if its good enoff to keep me off the road i know my dirtbike has like no engine break and i have had to save my *** a few times with the break btw i fliped twice just today lol but i was just wondering if i should get a new bike or what?, mine is a yzf 600r and its a crap hole, thanks for any input in advance
Old 08-29-2005, 11:52 PM

Re: engine break question...

ttt...........
Old 08-30-2005, 01:20 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

sprocketz is an unknown quantity at this point

you dont need the break you can chase it up into the revs and bring it up a lil past bp to slow it down and rock it useing eng break.....BUT i wouldnt recomend it till your comfy using the rear break, i was riding bp wheelies and didnt have a clue how to use the brake for a long time and i think god i never did loop out i was jus a lucky squid......

jus keep practicing on your ttr jake youll get it give it a lil time you only had it week now
Old 08-30-2005, 03:10 AM

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

With stock gears you have to be a little higher in the RPM's, say 10K with stock would be like 4K with gears. If you know BP and have a smooth hand you dont really need Back Brake for normal wheelies

I wheelied for a straight year and didnt know my bike had a rear brake! lol

Combos, spreaders, hc, etc. All these rearbrake queens make me sick!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mikie
With stock gears you have to be a little higher in the RPM's, say 10K with stock would be like 4K with gears. If you know BP and have a smooth hand you dont really need Back Brake for normal wheelies

haha nice.. i think illl cut my lever off and re weld a new peice thats longer so i can cover it and just wheelie how i am now, (witha lil bit of pressure on it while it comes up so its not over shooting, then i let off when im close to bp and just feather...)... i hope i dont bust ***, i still gotta get a new lever first tho
Old 08-30-2005, 03:35 AM

the thing is im still at teh point where when i got over on the 125 ill only catch it maybe 75% of teh time... i looped 2 times today i need to get better on that RB
Old 08-30-2005, 09:05 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Mikie

+1 to all of that
Old 08-30-2005, 01:14 PM

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Unidentified - You can most likely just adjust the rear brake lever height! There are very few rear masters that dont allow you too. Just take a good look at it and you'll figure something out. Maybe post up what bike it is in the How To forum and someone will shoot you an answer.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:00 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED
haha nice.. i think illl cut my lever off and re weld a new peice thats longer so i can cover it and just wheelie how i am now, (witha lil bit of pressure on it while it comes up so its not over shooting, then i let off when im close to bp and just feather...)... i hope i dont bust ***, i still gotta get a new lever first tho
Don't ride the brake on the way up--you'll be fighting your bike on the way up and it will come up too slow to bp--learn to throw it up quick, catch it with the brake 110% of the time and be smooth--catching it with the brake ALWAYS should be a reaction like blinking your eyes--after a while you don't really think about it much...

-Alvin
Old 08-30-2005, 08:12 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

use the engine brake!especially on that bike....i can rock like 50 seat stander circles no handbrake.........the engine brakes on those dirtbikes are sick.if you learn it you can do anyhting in a circle
Old 09-02-2005, 10:22 AM

camilion4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a 1999 yzf600r If you have changed the sprockets then it will break more You will have to switch out the rear brake lever with one that is angled down lower so it will be easier to get to. Yeah people us to ask why I got that bike But when I went to a 14/49 set up and learned how to find the power band I was spanking so ***. But any way To get it up high yu will have to clutch it so until you get real use to the clutch that brake will save your ***,, But you should get use to having your foot on the brake any way.