Loop Their It Is

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Regular StuntLifer

pineapple is a decent person
Loop Their It Is

looped my 929 today.. tryint to do coasters... pulled in clutch gave it some gas an my dumb *** just poped the clutch back out an over she went.. only thing i broke was my stay... an i was able to bend it back out so i could go home... thats why i love hondas take a beating an keep on rollin. but my question is. how the hell do you guys do coasters.. i can get the bike back far enough to do them i just dont know how to do it with out doing what i just did today... only thing to say its a lession learned.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Loop Their It Is

Originally Posted by pineapple
looped my 929 today.. tryint to do coasters... pulled in clutch gave it some gas an my dumb *** just poped the clutch back out an over she went.. only thing i broke was my stay... an i was able to bend it back out so i could go home... thats why i love hondas take a beating an keep on rollin. but my question is. how the hell do you guys do coasters.. i can get the bike back far enough to do them i just dont know how to do it with out doing what i just did today... only thing to say its a lession learned.

that sux man, u need to make sure u have brake control. Once u learn them u wont need the brake much but u will need it. And dont rev or do revlimiters until u got em down. They get real ugly, you found out the hard way. Get the bike behind balance point to where it feels like its gonna coast back, pull in the clutch (leave the throttle alone) use the rear brake (tap, tap, tap) only when it feels like the bike is gonna go all the way onto the bar. Use it lightly cuz if u use it too hard you'll come back down to the front wheel.

P.S im not sure if im seeing things but ur 12 bar looks waaaay long. almost looks like at ur scrape point is where the balance point will be. get rid of that thing, or chop it down so its shorter
Old 08-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Regular StuntLifer

pineapple is a decent person

yeah we made it too long.. we messured it from the wrong part of the subframe. i havnt had time to cut it down and move it in so it wont be a flag pole. thanx for the advice on the coasters. i hope to have them down in a couple months
Old 08-28-2005, 10:58 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

ypu what clc said, dont f with the gass until you get them down pretty good. I did that ish the first time I tried to rev and coast, and i guess I saved it a bit better, but it still was bad.... full on on the bar, and no tire on the ground haggard gorilla scrape what?
Old 08-29-2005, 12:41 AM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I need help with coasters too--CLC what do you mean by "tap, tap, tap" ? Dont you apply light pressure to the brake while coasting? My prob. is I bring it up and as soon as I pull my clutch in I cant seem to catch the bike and coast I always come back onto the bar or wig out and smash the brake in I dunno why-I guess because its something new...I need to practice more...

And another question when you re-engage your clutch while 12ing--does everybody just ease the clutch out slow or quick?
Old 08-29-2005, 01:16 AM

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

okay coasters at a glance... at first (learning them) do a wheelie, it doesnt have to be fast at first, you can start learning them at like 20mph.... have it right at balance or a little below, where you are speeding up a little. Then set it back, and you should have to tap the brake a little, then coast a bit, then tap when it comes too far back, then coast, so on and so forth. In the beginning, you will probably feather the brake more than anything, but eventually you will grow out of that... then finally when you are slowing down almost stopped, set it down, or let the clutch out and continue the wheelie. once you get better, do a hella power wheelie, front wheel barely off the ground, shift through as many gears as possible, before the start point, then throw it back past balance, and coast her forever.......
Old 08-29-2005, 02:17 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

cool good advice...thanks...time to go practice.....