Question About Bp?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 06:05 PM

GIXX-TRIXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Question About Bp?

i have a gixx 750.i feel very comfortable doing first gear wheelies and can ride them all the way out.i've felt balnce point b4 and now what it feels like but ive already looped once.my question is, is there a very fine line once u reach bp,or do u have some play room?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:15 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: Question About Bp?

there is deff some play room,,, just need to be smooth.. "ride them all the way out" is BAD! that' means you are below bp and redlining it.. learn by putting a little pressure on the rear brake, that will keep you from looping further... practice throttle control! just do it little by little until you get comfortable, you'll notice you start going farther and farther..when u see the rpms stop, that's bp my friend. and learn standups
Old 08-26-2005, 07:04 PM

i pretty much only do standups,but thanks 4 the advice.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:08 PM

8seclx is an unknown quantity at this point

are you clutching them up or powering them up?
Old 08-26-2005, 08:27 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

oh ok good, cuz most ppl who learn do sit downs
Old 08-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

i think it's right here:

Old 08-26-2005, 09:21 PM
B.T.M.

aren't u just funny little picture guy today fvckhead
Old 08-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 PM

im powering them up.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:36 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 00 750 and I cracked my frame (polished) slamming down 1st gear. I found 2nd was SOOOOOOO much more forgiving. You can mess around with the throttle more and it's not nearly as twitchy, plus you ride them a lot longer. Just learn to clutch it, much more predictable.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:10 PM

929_uR is a decent person

oh my god!? you power up your 1st gear standups when your still learning? you should jsut get out there and buy an 80 tooth. your an animal!@
Old 08-27-2005, 01:50 AM

CHAO5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I ride a 00 750... I'm way geared up (-1,+18) so my gears are all different... But if I remember correctly, second was nice to use before the gearing. Just keep doing what you're doing and stay smooooooth on the throttle, keep riding them out and don't try and get ahead of your self.. Just add a LITTLE more throttle when you're at the apex of your wheelie and you feel you're ready. You'll know when your at BP.
Practice with the rear break too... Just apply it at different times during a wheelie and see what it does... try staying on the throttle while you press it.. Just keep at it and you'll hit BP sooner or later.. but most importantly you'll hit it with confidence and safety.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:30 AM

lots of great advice guys thnx.as far as the pwr wheelies go believe it or not i feel more comfortable doing powers.when i rolled my bike 4 yrs ago it was doing a clutched sit down.i would like 2 learn in 2nd but i cant seem 2 pwr it up and kinda scarted 2 clutch after the loop.brake control is also something i have 2 wrk on so thnx 4 ur input guys keep it coming.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:30 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Learn First Gear First If You Can.hurts Way Less If You Loop It.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:54 AM

ya that was my plan 2 get bp in 1st then learn how 2 get 2nd up.i need 2 wrk on covering my rear brake and using it.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:13 PM

Tdeal28 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you need to learn brake control just learn clutching 1st up and as soon as you loop it once going about 10-15mph, you will remember where that Brake lever is............HAHAHA
Old 08-27-2005, 01:47 PM

i already did that once was enough thnx.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:48 PM

CHAO5 is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't have to clutch the nuts out of it... start in low rpms and get a feel for bringing it a foot off the ground... Start so low that it won't even come up... then get a foot, and build from there. You don't have to clutch to BP right away.. just ease on the throttle once you've popped it up a bit. And by ease I mean SLOWLY give it throttle. Then you won't scare yourself.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:56 PM
B.T.M.

first is harder to balance than 2nd, just because you are going slower so u have to keep it higher... learning clutcher is much safer and predictable, trust me, in 6 mnths u'll look back and be like wtf was i thinking.... learn first. be smooth, put pressure on brake..
Old 08-28-2005, 12:04 AM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

clutch it up, learn 1st gear slow wheelies, cover the brake.. if your redlining yer not high enough and can go back further, just learn to play with the brake and don';t jack the brake and slam down and you'll be fine. just practice practice, all ya can do. will take some time to learn it so don't get frustrated.

Quick Reply: Question About Bp?